Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Lauren Carpenter

I also thought it cringeworthy the speech about fate driving them back ... yuck ........ the original fling back 20 years ago was just that .... a quick sex session .... Brad was already involved with another females ... and more than one .... Then nothing else with Lauren. Lauren may have gone away pregnant from the fling but she kept it quite and never sought Brad out to let him know. If anything fate brought them back to face the consequences .... or should I say give the programme writers some sick way of keep reinventing the story line - the happy families bit just sucks and totally unrealistic. Really fed up dragging the story line out - partly because it the programme writers are fobbing the story line off as some long lost love reunited .... With all her kids moved out (from Matt) Lauren is lacking a story line and it seems this is the only way to keep Brad and Paige in the loop. Loopy is more what I would call it. Personally any woman should kick him in the n*ts and visit an STD clinic if he had been anywhere near them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to indigodance For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (08-02-2016)

I LOVED Terese's snarky comment about Brad cheating, I was like "YAAAAS!"
    Even the fans of Brad and Lauren can't deny his track record of cheating is not something to be proud of. I'd struggle to trust him...
    "If they cheat with you, they'll cheat on you" as the saying goes!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LauBuch For This Useful Post:

CuriousCase (09-02-2016), Dazzle (09-02-2016), lizann (11-02-2016), Summer8 (09-02-2016), TaintedLove (10-02-2016), tammyy2j (08-02-2016)

Was also sort of annoyed Lauren took the drawing of Matt down...
    I know she's moving on (no matter how much I may dislike this whole storyline) it's not like having a picture of your dead husband who you were with for most of your adult life means you doubt things with Brad...
    Last edited by LauBuch; 08-02-2016 at 20:45.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LauBuch For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-02-2016), lellygurl (09-02-2016), lizann (11-02-2016), Summer8 (09-02-2016), tammyy2j (08-02-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklydee View Post
    I only have one thing to say, then I'm done with commenting on Brad/Lauren. I thought his "getting back together" speech the other day was cringeworthy-Fate has not been conspiring to bring them together "all their adult lives"! They met on a beach when they were 20, had a brief fling/relationship, then didn't clap eyes on each other for another 20 years when they were both back in Ramsay St. Then he said they'd both met "wonderful and interesting" people along the way but were now back where they belonged, or something to that effect-as if both of them being married for 20 years and having families was some kind of irrelevant deviation from the path to true love. Grrrr! 😁 anyway good luck to them all, Brad, Lauren and Terese, hope they can all move on with their lives and we can move onto more interesting storylines 😀
    I hope Lauren, Brad and Paige move on with their lives far away from the street

I also didn't like Lauren taking down Matt's picture, I would think if ever any of her kids with Matt visit they would like to see their dad's picture in what was their family home at one time

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I hope Lauren, Brad and Paige move on with their lives far away from the street

I also didn't like Lauren taking down Matt's picture, I would think if ever any of her kids with Matt visit they would like to see their dad's picture in what was their family home at one time
    I honestly don't see the problem with Lauren taking down Matt's picture, it doesn't mean she's just going to completely forget about him their life together and the 20 years they were married. It would seem more unusual if she kept up a picture of her late husband in a prominent place while wanting to start a fresh new chapter in her life with Brad. And the picture is still there not thrown away completely just moved to another room. Though I notice both are still wearing their wedding bands from their respective marriages.
    Last edited by LollyCarpenter; 09-02-2016 at 00:09.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LollyCarpenter For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (09-02-2016), Summer8 (09-02-2016)

double
    Last edited by LollyCarpenter; 08-02-2016 at 23:47.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Good point about the kids.

I think it was a bad move by the writers to have Lauren take Matt's picture down. It seems out of character to me. She loved Matt and he was a huge part of her life, so I think she'd leave the drawing up out of fondness for him and respect for his memory. I don't think Brad would feel hurt by that. Many widowed people who remarry keep pictures of their departed loved ones in prominent places around the house.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Summer8 (09-02-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by LollyCarpenter View Post
    I honestly don't see the problem with Lauren taking down Matt's picture, it doesn't mean she's just going to completely forget about him their life together and the 20 years they were married. It would seem more unusual if she kept up a picture of her late husband in a prominent place while wanting to start a fresh new chapter in her life with Brad. And the picture is still there not thrown away completely just moved to another room. Though I notice both are still wearing their wedding bands from their respective marriages.
    Yes I agree about the picture. Lauren's starting a new chapter, and it's only been moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    Yes I agree about the picture. Lauren's starting a new chapter, and it's only been moved.
    To the one room no one will really go into.
    Personally, if that was me and my dad had been dead less than a year, I go home to find a new man and my dads picture removed from plain sight, I'd be really annoyed. But that's just my opinion!
    Last edited by LauBuch; 09-02-2016 at 19:32.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LauBuch For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-02-2016), lizann (09-02-2016), Perdita (09-02-2016), tammyy2j (10-02-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by LauBuch View Post
    To the one room no one will really go into.
    Personally, if that was me and my dad had been dead less than a year, I go home to find a new man and my dads picture removed from plain sight, I'd be really annoyed. But that's just my opinion!
    Josh mentioned Amber would not be happy, reason to explain why Lauren and Matt's kids don't visit her then

Thread Information