Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lauren Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    Not sure they were. It developed more when Paige arrived, but that said Lauren and Matt's marriage was on the rocks after Matt's behaviour.
    Exactly - yes she still had feelings for Brad which were dormant, but were obviously awoken when they started looking for Paige... I never saw her flirting with him like some think though..... People have history,,, and this is a big piece of history to have.. I think they did their best with the information they had.... Their partners weren't to blame for their history but they also didn't help any either... Terese with her stuff and Matt with his cheating and plot losing in the end.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    The problems in both the Willis and Turner marriages after they came to Ramsay Street all stem from the attraction between Lauren and Brad.

If Lauren didn't love Matt enough to properly mourn the man who'd been a perfect husband for twenty years (and a problematic husband for only the last few months), consideration for her children's feelings should have stopped her moving on so quickly. Amber said herself that the relationship helped drive her and Matilda away.

This is not the behaviour of a loyal wife or good mother no matter how the writers try to spin it. They've given plenty enough reason for viewers to dislike Lauren and want her gone.
    You see not everyone agrees with you..... It had nothing to do with the attraction between her and Brad... Maybe it was the fact that Lauren new and was haunted with the fact about the child she never told him about.... seeing him brought all of it back,,the dreams etc.... I think if she never had Paige nothing would of happened..I don't believe that's where the problems started at all.... I think the true reason the problems started was because there was a child out there and a secret not because of any feelings..... Lauren did love Matt it was so obvious.... yes her attraction to Brad was growing because of Paige and Matts behaviour but shes only human....its not like it is just a random guy that she felt attracted to.... Ambers main reason for moving away was for the perfect job opportunity not Brad for heavens sake.... Loyal wife you say?????? she didn't cheat with a stranger and run off with him.... Major history and kid with Brad and got caught up in old feelings which is what spurred on that kiss...... and she did dump Brad mainly for Amber and Matilda,,, Id say that's a good mother......

Quote Originally Posted by Summer8 View Post
    That's certainly the truth!!!! She has never been a bad mother, she hasn't put Brad before any of her kids at all,,, In fact she dumped him because of Amber and Matilda.....
    And took responsibility for the hurt she caused Terese's family by ending her relationship with Brad.

Exactly!!!! Lauren was devastated when Matt died.... but I suppose everyone thinks that its Laurens fault that Matt cheated also LOL
    His debt and subsequent death were all Lauren's fault too, apparently.

I don't see Terese being justified in trying to get rid of Paige or attempting to ruin Lauren's business just to get even with her, both actions could have hurt a lot of people not just Lauren. Terese was hurting but that doesn't make destroying the lives of people who really had no part in her anger at Lauren and Brad right.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LollyCarpenter For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (27-01-2016), Summer8 (27-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    I disagree. Bailey hated his Dad's behaviour towards the end too. I seem to recall Lauren trying to persuade him to remember the good things his Dad did.
    Yes I recall that too, but most people tend to see the bad things Lauren has done..... no good at all.... I say go hard Lauren,,, you've lived some pretty bad heartache in your time... stand up and take the happiness
    Last edited by Summer8; 27-01-2016 at 00:25.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer8 For This Useful Post:

LollyCarpenter (27-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by LollyCarpenter View Post
    It's a little simplistic to say that because Lauren had feelings for Brad she never loved Matt and didn't grieve for him.
    I didn't say that though. I said "If Lauren didn't love Matt enough to properly mourn" him. That's completely different to saying she never loved Matt. I think he was her consolation prize (and he knew it). His death might have been painful for her but it didn't exactly shatter her, did it?

I didn't say that though. I said "If Lauren didn't love Matt enough to properly mourn" him. That's completely different to saying she never loved Matt. I think he was her consolation prize (and he knew it). His death might have been painful for her but it didn't exactly shatter her, did it?
    I disagree, Lauren was shattered when Matt died. Yes Matt always knew she had strong feelings for Brad but she did love him very much too.
    Last edited by LollyCarpenter; 27-01-2016 at 00:26.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LollyCarpenter For This Useful Post:

Summer8 (27-01-2016)

double post
    Last edited by LollyCarpenter; 27-01-2016 at 00:25.

Quote Originally Posted by LollyCarpenter View Post
    And took responsibility for the hurt she caused Terese's family by ending her relationship with Brad.

I don't see Terese being justified in trying to get rid of Paige or attempting to ruin Lauren's business just to get even with her, both actions could have hurt a lot of people not just Lauren. Terese was hurting but that doesn't make destroying the lives of people who really had no part in her anger at Lauren and Brad right.
    The whole thing I see here is,,, two people years ago having a connection, conceiving a child (unbeknown to one) and losing it... Moving on with their lives with other people creating families then coming back into the same vicinity of one another..... One of them remembering the child and yearning for that child, grief, heartache, after being around the father etc.... Then finding out that the child is alive brought back all of those feelings plus previous feelings of what if??? Then finally finding the child and reconnecting etc.... While still in love with their partners but through their own circumstances and brought up feelings and actions of their partners,,, their current families split... heartache all around..... But are they really bad people because of it, terrible mother, wife ???? Really?? I would say that Lauren had been to hell and back and did her damn best considering.......

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer8 For This Useful Post:

LollyCarpenter (27-01-2016)

Well what is PROPERLY mourn him?? she probably still is in her own way....Just because she hasn't been wearing black and wearing a chastity belt up until now doesn't mean she hasn't/isn't mourning. You don't be with someone for that long and have a family with someone to just forget about them straight away.... Maybe the fact of Matts behaviour and cheating and her feelings for Brad have helped her move on..... but that's understandable... it doesn't take away the love she had for him...... I think it did shatter her to begin with.... I just think after some revelations it made it easier for her to move on...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer8 For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (27-01-2016)

You see not everyone agrees with you.....
    Obviously lol, but plenty do!

Quote Originally Posted by LollyCarpenter
    Now who's being a little simplistic?

Quote Originally Posted by LollyCarpenter
    I disagree, Lauren was shattered when Matt died.
    OK, I agree with you there. Lauren was shattered for all of a week or so...

---------

There were subtle hints between Brad and Lauren right from the beginning. They weren't flirting or pining after each other, but there was something between them that both Terese and Matt (and some of us viewers) picked up on (and it wasn't just their shared child, who Brad didn't even know had ever existed until much later).

They've hurt a lot of people unnecessarily, which Lauren has at least acknowledged to give her her due. I'm happy for them to leave Erinsborough and live happily ever after together.

--------

I think I've said all I'm going to on the subject of Brad and Lauren for now. They're definitely not worth the pain in my finger from typing all this on my phone!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (27-01-2016), Summer8 (27-01-2016), tammyy2j (27-01-2016)

Thread Information