Thread: Fiz Brown

Exclamation Fiz Brown

Coronation Street's Fiz Brown will reportedly end up in a coma after breathing in carbon monoxide fumes from a faulty gas boiler.

Viewers will see the factory worker, played by Jenny McAlpine, collapse at home after her boiler isn't fixed properly by Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall).

Producers have been taking advice on the Christmas storyline from the Gas Safe Register, the Sunday Mirror reports.

"It is one of our biggest and most important storylines in a very long time and we need to make sure that it is portrayed properly as we know that scenes like this, if done properly, can save lives," a source said.

"That's why we decided to work with the Gas Safe Register. We want to make sure that we get everything accurate and right. It will have fans on the edge of their seats.

"Carbon monoxide is the silent killer and the show hopes to bring the issue to everyone."

Tyrone could face prosecution for unlawfully attempting to fix Fiz's boiler. Her daughter Hope will be staying with Chesney when the incident occurs.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (24-09-2012), tammyy2j (26-09-2012)

When does Fiz live I thought it was with Chesney and Katy in Les Battersby's house?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    When does Fiz live I thought it was with Chesney and Katy in Les Battersby's house?
    I was sure Fiz lived with Chesney and Katy

If Fiz becomes Kirsty's new enemy maybe she is responsible somehow as didnt Tyrone fix the boiler some time ago

As far as I know Fiz does still live in the old Battersby house with Ches and Katy, but I imagine there will be some random reason the babies are out of the house when it happens. If it's bad enough to put Fiz in a coma it would kill a baby.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Jenny McAlpine is expecting her second baby ..... wonder if they write the pregnancy into a storyline or will it be big coats and cushions to hide her bump?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Jenny McAlpine is expecting her second baby ..... wonder if they write the pregnancy into a storyline or will it be big coats and cushions to hide her bump?
    I suspect Cilla may be becoming unwell again in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I suspect Cilla may be becoming unwell again in the near future!
    Must be very unwell for Fiz to be leaving for at least 6 months if not more... but I guess it will be something like that ...

I reckon she will have a massive bust up with Ty and leave with Hope. Then 6 months later she will come back very, very sorry and ask to come back to him.
    Last edited by LouiseP; 19-04-2018 at 07:12.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LouiseP For This Useful Post:

Perdita (19-04-2018)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...-dobbs-return/

Back filming so will see her return in a few weeks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (13-01-2024)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...-dobbs-return/

Coronation Street couple Fiz and Tyrone Dobbs return to Weatherfield together next week.

The pair are finally reunited on screen as Fiz makes a full-time comeback to the ITV soap.

In upcoming scenes, Evelyn and Cassie Plummer anxiously make preparations for Fiz and Tyrone's return.

The pair clean the house to create a good impression, but tension brews between mother and daughter as they realise how crowded it'll be at Number 9 once Fiz and Tyrone are back.

Evelyn and Cassie fall back into old habits as they start bickering, with each believing that the other should move out to make room.

Fiz and Tyrone return to find Evelyn and Cassie in the middle of a row. Fiz agrees that there isn't enough room for all of them at Number 9, so she asks Tyrone to choose between his nan and his mum.

Battle lines are drawn between Evelyn and Cassie as they try to prove that they're the best houseguest. The pair aim to win over Fiz and Tyrone with their culinary skills.

Tyrone eventually tells Evelyn and Cassie that he doesn't want either of them to leave, so he believes they should carry on as they are for now. Fiz is sceptical, branding it a recipe for disaster.

Meanwhile, Fiz also returns to work at Underworld and tries to impress Carla Barlow with some ideas that she picked up during her secondment. Will Carla decide to take these on board?

Coronation Street aired exit scenes for Fiz in May 2023, as she bowed out for a new temporary supervisor role at a factory in Norwich. Stephen Reid, who was in charge of Underworld at the time, recommended her for the position.

In real life, Jennie McAlpine took maternity leave and welcomed her third child, Doris, in April.

Meanwhile, Tyrone's recent break from our screens came as Alan Halsall needed recovery time after surgery to repair a ligament in his knee.

Thread Information