Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil and Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Was it ever explained what happened to Sharon, her injury to make her addicted to painkillers to start with?
    Looking at her, I think it must have been when she managed to swallow a barrel!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brucie For This Useful Post:

inkyskin (01-08-2014), JustJodi (27-04-2013), Siobhan (26-04-2013)

EastEnders: Letitia Dean talks Sharon Rickman, Phil Mitchell reunion

Former EastEnders couple Sharon Rickman and Phil Mitchell will rekindle their romance next week, following the breakdown of their relationship earlier this year.

As the sale of The Vic finally goes through, Sharon is a huge support to Phil (Steve McFadden), telling him to move on from the past - and the pair even decide to move in together.

Here, Letitia Dean - who plays Sharon - chats about her character's romance with Phil and what the future holds next for the couple.

Why has Sharon got back together with Phil?
    "There's always been a very deep connection between Sharon and Phil, they know each other inside out. She likes to think there are no surprises with him but he's also got that edge to him that she's always liked as well. There's a familiarity there and he will help her to feel more settled in life. And they've got a great companionship and a whole lot of history."

So do you think she's always loved him in some way?
    "Yes. There's always been a deep affection. I think she did love him greatly but when they first got together, when she was married to his brother Grant, that love was never allowed to blossom really. There's always been underlying feelings for him. This is the first time they can really be together properly and honestly and she wants him warts and all. She wants him to always be straight, honest and truthful with her, so let's see what happens with that!" (Laughs.)

How does Sharon feel about Shirley?
    "She's her nemesis really. Sharon is very astute and she knows that deep down for Phil, Shirley meant something to him. I doubt she knows too much about it, I don't think she wants to know too much about it, but I definitely think she's wary about it."

And she believes Phil is dedicated to her and is over Shirley?
    "She believes so, yes. She thinks that Shirley is just quite bitter and jealous of her relationship with Phil and that Shirley needs to move on. Sharon has always been the love of Phil's life so Shirley needs to get over it. That's the undertone."

How does she feel about moving in with Phil? Do you think things might be happening too fast or do you think it just feels natural?
    "I think with Sharon all things always happen too fast (Laughs). In the past she's always gone straight in there, dived straight in. But now her theory is better the devil you know. She think she knows him really well, knows everything about him. She's got a child and she wants that security for them. I think she always wants to get out of the B&B! (Laughs).

"She feels safe with Phil, she feels protected and she always has with him, even when they were just friends she always knew he'd be there for her. When Sharon first came back to the Square, after dumping her fiancé at the altar, he rescued her. So she feels safe with him, he's her safety net. She loves him."

Sharon tries to kiss Phil.
    © BBC
    Sharon and Phil

How do you think moving in with Phil will be for Denny? Do you think he'll be a father figure for Denny?
    "I'm hoping so. Sharon's hoping so. Denny got quite attached to Jack and obviously that was over in a spit of a coffee in terms of a child's life and it made things difficult for her son and she realised that. I think she knows Phil so well and that he loves children. After all that stuff with Lexi, his granddaughter, she knows that he's a family man and she feels that that is probably a very wise thing for her son as well as herself."

Do you think them rekindling things had anything to do with the fact that they've been talking and thinking about The Vic a lot with it being for sale, and that's brought back memories and been nostalgic for them?
    "Absolutely, because their first kiss was at The Vic. They've got so much history with that pub and Sharon's been a support to Phil in terms of being behind him about letting it go, letting go of all the ghosts and all the memories. She tells him it's time to move on from it and I think he feels very supported by her."

Do you think it's going to last?
    "I hope so. I really hope Sharon and Phil have a good old go at it. I'm sure there will be bumps along the way and everything but I do think there is a great familiarity with it. When you've known somebody so long it's a lot easier, isn't it. But he still has that element of danger she's always loved, although I don't think she really wants that danger in her life anymore. Whether she gets it again will be another story..."

Do you have any favourite memories of Sharon and Phil over the years?
    "It's got to be Sharongate! When her husband Grant found the tape about Phil, his brother, and Sharon, I mean that was great stuff for us to do. It was real lust between them back in the day. I don't think she's ever lost that feeling for him and vice versa."

What's your New Year's resolution?
    "To try and spend more time with my friends."

Read our spoilers for EastEnders' Christmas and New Year episodes

EastEnders airs every night next week on BBC One, including an hour-long episode on Christmas Day at 8.30pm.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...#ixzz2o5CmV08Q

is she trying to fleece phil?

EastEnders' Phil Mitchell will cheat on his fiancée Sharon Rickman when he embarks on an affair with ex-partner Shirley Carter.

Viewers will remember that Shirley (Linda Henry) previously confessed her love for Phil (Steve McFadden) shortly before he proposed to Sharon (Letitia Dean).

However, Phil will soon give into temptation with Shirley and embark on a full-on affair behind Sharon's back, the Daily Star reports.

Desperate to keep their fling under wraps, Phil and Shirley will pull out all the stops as they plot several secret trysts.

The pair are also harbouring each other's closest secrets, as Phil is aware that Shirley is Mick Carter's real mum, while Shirley knows that Phil ordered the Albert attack on Sharon last month.

Unbeknown to Phil, Sharon has discovered that he was responsible for her attack and is plotting revenge on him in the lead-up to their wedding day.

EastEnders airs tonight (July 31) at 7.30pm on BBC Two.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (31-07-2014), lizann (01-08-2014), monalisa62003 (31-07-2014), tammyy2j (31-07-2014)

Phil was horrid to Shirley threatening her when she was going to expose him to Sharon so why would she go there again now?

She must really love him

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-08-2014), lizann (01-08-2014)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 31-07-2014 at 21:56.

Phil was horrid to Shirley threatening her when she was going to expose him to Sharon so why would she go there again now?

She must really love him
    Think he's just been horrible to her to block her out. I'm hoping all the rowing turns into passion haha

She must really love him
    Think he's just been horrible to her to block her out. I'm hoping all the rowing turns into passion haha

She's got no self-esteem or she wouldn't go running back to a man who'd abused her like that, no matter how much she "loves" him. To me, it's more like she's addicted to Phil and can't imagine being able to live without him. I find it quite depressing that soaps often portray women as so weak around men.

As for Sharon, I'm sure she'd be quite happy for Shirley to take over her bedroom duties, going by her face when she went up to bed with Phil in the last episode.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (01-08-2014), moonstorm (01-08-2014), tammyy2j (02-08-2014)

anything with Phil getting amorous should not be screened before the watershed!!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-08-2014), inkyskin (01-08-2014), lizann (01-08-2014), tammyy2j (02-08-2014)

Thread Information