Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Corrie Spoilers 1st - 5th October

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    yes she does and yes a ronnie is another name for a tache
    No she doesn't have a tache or whatever you want to call it.

No she doesn't have a tache or whatever you want to call it.

Coronation Street star Samia Ghadie has confirmed that Maria is in love with gay best friend Marcus.

Maria Connor shares a passionate kiss with Marcus Dent in tonight's (October 5) Corrie double bill following her breast cancer scare.

Speaking to TV Choice, the actress reflected: "I can understand it from Maria's point of view. She's fallen in love with her friend, Marcus.

"If he was straight it would be perfect, but she's kind of always pushed it to the back of her mind. It's not a lust thing. It's not like she really fancies him, she genuinely loves him. It goes beyond friendship."

Hairdresser Maria is currently in a relationship with old flame Jason Grimshaw, while Marcus recently embarked on a romance with work colleague Aiden.

Coronation Street's Charlie Condou has expressed relief that writers have broken up his on-screen relationship with Antony Cotton.

The Weatherfield actor told Digital Spy of his belief that his character Marcus Dent has become more prominent since splitting with barman Sean Tully.

When asked whether he is glad the much-loved couple have gone their separate ways, Condou told DS: "Yeah, I think I am.

"It's always difficult when you come into a show and you end up being with someone who is so well-established. I think in a lot of ways I suffered from that - I never felt like I was able to spread my wings.

"I always felt like I was part of Sean's storyline, which was great for a while, but was starting to become less interesting for me."

The star added: "When [producer] Phil [Collinson] asked me to extend my contract a year or so ago, we talked about where Marcus would go and they said they had lots of ideas.

"Those ideas are coming into play now, so I think it was good for Marcus and Sean to split up. I feel like a character in my own right now, which is great."

Marcus, following his split from Sean in the summer, became involved with Aiden before developing a close bond with Maria Connor (Samia Ghadie).

Marcus and Maria share a surprise kiss during tonight's Corrie double bill.

She appears to have one in some shots but not all the time

In Ireland, a ronnie is slang for moustache, named after the film star Ronald Coleman.

And I agree with lizann, she certainly does look like she's got one.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (07-10-2012), sarah c (08-10-2012)

In Ireland, a ronnie is slang for moustache, named after the film star Ronald Coleman.

And I agree with lizann, she certainly does look like she's got one.

(I just said that!)
    Last edited by parkerman; 07-10-2012 at 11:47.

Thread Information