Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dale Cregan is a Legend

Last edited by Glen1; 26-03-2013 at 16:02.

In connection with the original post re the murder of the two young police officers , a "fancy dress " hire shop in Manchester City centre displayed in its front window, presumably for hire ,two female police officer uniforms both with bloodstained blouses.
    After outrage by members of the public and other interested parties they were removed. Tango_Victor please do not think these incidents reflect the majority attitude to the police service ,imo they don't. far from it. I wish you every success for the future. I had thirty good years in the police and like any other career ,good and bad days .Would do the same again given a choice, good luck
    Last edited by Glen1; 26-03-2013 at 16:01.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (27-03-2013)

Glen1,
    That sounds appalling that the shop would put those on sale. It is sad to see that even murders now can often be used for money making. I am glad that they were removed as obviously it was in very bad taste.
    I understand and agree, not all the public have a bad attitude, it's just highlighted by the few that do. I think things like social network sites have just increased the ability for people to show their admiration.
    Thank you kindly I originally started training as a pilot and got my private pilots license but unfortunately due to the economic situation jobs are hard to come by and therefore it's harder to pay for more hours and ratings that I required and next year I turn 30 and so really need to follow a different career path, hence why I'm going for the job of a PC. Hopefully I'll be successful. It sounds like you had a lovely career and I'm sure there are good, bad, happy and sad times to look back on, but the job is definitely worthwhile.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tango_victor For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (26-03-2013), Siobhan (27-03-2013)

When I was younger, I was taught to respect the police. They were there if I need help and also to keep the criminals off the streets. It seems more and more nowadays that it is the criminals that are getting the respect and the police the abuse. I teach my kids to respect police, they sometimes have a very thankless job.
    Super Mod

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

alan45 (27-03-2013), Perdita (27-03-2013), tango_victor (30-03-2013)

At least there are some good people like you, Siobhan. A lot of people tend to be rather reluctant to show support for the police. Nowadays when my friends complain about the police I just say 'Well if you think you can do better sign up and become a special constable, it's a volunteer officer and I'm sure you'll be very valuable' Naturally they tend to shy away from the subject then.

Thread Information