Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Connor

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coming back according to Sharon Marshall on This Morning
    Who is playing him this time around?

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...lle-Connor-ITV

Last paragraph says Anna Windass back for a final appearance but not clear if she goes back to prison ......

So they can bring in yet more new faces to play a character but they can't do it with Todd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mysangry View Post
    So they can bring in yet more new faces to play a character but they can't do it with Todd!!!
    It's too soon to do it with Todd. Give it a year or so.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

lizann (12-02-2018), Perdita (11-02-2018)

I was hoping they were actually going to explore Michelle and Alex's relationship without Ryan on the scene. That and Ryan's last stint still haunts me

Coronation Street's new-look Ryan Connor is definitely a face that ITV soap fans will remember.

Ryan Prescott, who played Aaron's love interest Flynn Buchanan in Emmerdale, has become the latest actor to play Ryan Connor on the cobbles, as the soap looks to revisit Michelle's historic baby swap storyline.

Coronation Street filming - Robert Preston and Daniel Osbourne visit Ryan Connor
    © ZENPIX PAUL COUSANS

Coronation Street films Ryan Connor's return
    © ZENPIX PAUL COUSANS
    (Robert Preston and Daniel Osbourne visit Ryan Connor)

Michelle raised Ryan from birth as her own, but found out ten years ago that he was not actually her biological son. Her actual son, Alex Neeson, has also been reintroduced into Corrie, so expect a rivalry for their mum's affections.

On Monday (March 26), Ryan Prescott was on set at Coronation Street filming a dramatic showdown with Michelle's soon-to-be husband Robert Preston (Tristan Gemmill).

Robert could be seen angrily shouting Ryan's name as he came round to his house with Daniel Osbourne (Rob Mallard), clearly not wanting the latest drama with Ryan to mess up his wedding.

Coronation Street films Ryan Connor's return
    © ZENPIX PAUL COUSANS

Prescott is the third actor to have landed the role of Ryan Connor on Coronation Street. The role was originated by Ben Thompson in 2006, with Ben staying on the show for the next four years.

Following a disappearance from the cobbles, Sol Heras took on the character for a year-long stay in 2012 and 2013, before Ryan went off to be a DJ in Ibiza. During that stint, Ryan was involved in a dark storyline in which he got Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent) hooked on drugs.

The troubled character was most recently name-checked on-air when Michelle received a message from him, assuring her that Ryan wouldn't miss her wedding for the world.

Sol Heras as Ryan Connor in Coronation Street

Digital Spy
    © ITV
    (Sol Heras as Ryan Connor)

Coronation Street welcomes back Ryan Connor tonight (May 23) as a new face steps into the role.

Ryan returns to Weatherfield ahead of Michelle's wedding, but while his mum might be pleased to see him, there's tension ahead as his reunion with Ali Neeson is frosty and Robert Preston doesn't exactly warm to him either.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Ryan Prescott, who's taking over as Ryan, for his first big interview about joining Corrie and what's to come.

How did your casting come about?

"I auditioned quite a few times for several different Corrie characters over a couple of years. So after putting work in and them bringing me in as this character now, it's just a blessing. It's been a tough few years, so it really is a godsend at the moment – and I'm still thanking my lucky stars."

How are you settling in?

"It's one of those places where it's quite intimidating when you first arrive, because of the scale of things. You also see so many people – every corner you turn, there's a new famous face! You're also straight into four different filming blocks at a time.

"But literally within a few weeks, I felt like I was settling in. That's simply because everyone who works here – cast and crew – are the kind of people who you can just pull aside and have a chat with anywhere.

"They really are very welcoming, very comforting, very honest and very open. People are professional, but they're also not afraid to have a laugh and get close to each other and develop real relationships. That's what it's all about for me – it's about community."

Looking back, are you glad you got this character rather than ones you've been up for in the past?

"Definitely. Although I've got to say, I'd be grateful for any character, because you've got to, these days. You can't be too picky! (Laughs.) But most definitely, I really like the character. Ryan has got such a 'cheeky chappie' nature and he's a bit of a lad around town, but I'm starting to really find those layers as the scripts keep coming in.

"For me, all this bravado and confidence that Ryan has really comes from this quite delicate and insecure place of not really feeing like he belongs. Obviously, he's not blood-related to his family. So there's lots of juice in there for me to play. Ryan is a bit of a larger-than-life character. So that gives me an artistic licence to really play it up and really have some fun."

How do you feel about playing a recast character?

"Well, I've always thought the third time's the charm! (Laughs.) Obviously I had to go back and look at the old episodes, in particular the ones back when Sol Heras played Ryan, because it was a little bit more recent. I wanted to know Ryan's story and his memories. I wanted to have all those relationships and all those dynamics in play already coming in.

"On one hand, it can feel like you're trying to fill shoes, which is quite difficult because the cast already have relationships with the character of Ryan. But at the same time, it's a really good thing because my character is already established into the Connor family and has those various different relationships within the show.

"I've immediately got stuck into four or five different storylines, which was the best thing about it. It meant I could really connect with everyone here quite immediately."

What can we expect from the dynamic between Ryan and Ali?

"Ali is the trigger point for Ryan's inner anxieties. The only grounding Ryan has in his life is through Michelle, so Ali is an immediate threat to that. Obviously there's the fact that Ali is a blood relative and Ryan actually isn't. It's a feeling where you suddenly don't belong where you've always belonged.

"Ali is this huge competition to Ryan, as far as his most important relationship goes and his connection to the rest of the family and the place that he grew up. Ryan feels like he's being pushed out. So there's a lot of rivalry."

Do things get aggressive?

"Well, Ryan and Ali start to slowly develop a brotherly dynamic, which is fun because they're actually not siblings in any way. They start to develop this back and forth, which is quite passive-aggressive for the most part.

"But when it comes to family, I think it's always better to have than not to have. They both don't have any brothers, so there's room for it to go either way. But for now, they don't really like each other at all."

Do you get along better in real life?

"James Burrows, who plays Ali, is an absolute legend. We actually get on really well, but it adds to the dynamic because we're both not afraid to go there with each other and play a little bit more. So it's nice to have that relationship to fall back on trust-wise."

Does Ryan like Michelle's husband-to-be Robert?

"I think Ryan just wants his mum to be happy more than anything. Especially at first, as he wants to throw Robert a stag do, and successfully does so. Ryan is trying to figure out whether Robert really is right for his mum, so setting up that stag party is his way of trying to see what's going on.

"As time goes on, Ryan finds it quite hard to click with Robert, whereas Ali and Robert seem to have more of a relationship. The more Ryan starts noticing that and having that realisation, it pulls him further away from Robert. I think he becomes aware as time goes on that Robert might not be his biggest fan either."

What is Kym Marsh like to work with?

"Kym is fabulous to work with and really professional. She's on point every time. She comes in and she knows the scenes back to front. When I joined the show, Kym really opened her arms out to me, which was really nice. She was my first port of call when I got in and she just made it very easy. I call her Mama Bear just for fun.

"Kym really looks after me, but I think she does that with everyone, to be fair. She's one of those people. She actually cares. She gives you the time, even if she's busy."

How do you feel about being up for a British Soap Award for your role as Liam Slade in Doctors?

"That came really out of the blue, to be honest. I'd done Doctors for a few months about three or four years ago. Then they brought me back for four episodes over December, which was really, really nice. I was really quite honoured for them to put me up for the award.

"If I'm honest, it gives me an excuse to go down to the awards with everyone and party for the night, which is nice. Because otherwise, I'm too new – I wouldn't have been able to go with these guys at Corrie.

"I'm really chuffed. Obviously 'Best Villain' is cool. (Laughs.) Honestly, I just didn't expect it, so I was really made up when I got it."

How do you look back on your time on Emmerdale as Aaron's love interest Flynn? People still mention it on social media quite a bit!

"I really liked filming with Danny Miller. Me and Danny really got on whilst we were working together. But if I'm honest, it feels so long ago. People put throwbacks up online and I'm like: 'Oh my God, I look 13!' (Laughs.) I was really young then.

"But it's nice to do something for a short amount of time a long time ago, and still get a little bit of recognition from it. Or even people just saying: 'We've seen his face before'."

"Working on Emmerdale also really set me up for the next thing, and I learned a lot of lessons of how to move at the pace a soap moves. Doing things like that in the past has let me come into Corrie and find my feet a bit quicker."

Digital Spy

So far I am not impressed with this actor

I totally agree he is horrendous, surely there are better actors who could portray Ryan better?
    He seems as if he is trying to hard to be a "character" he's awful

He is playing a teenager of some sort!

Thread Information