Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Connor

From filming this week

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rossfan For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (22-07-2019)

daily star has article and photos of gary beating ryan

Coronation Street reveals whether Ryan Connor lives or dies in Gary Windass plot

It's Saturday, which means that Coronation Street has posted four new pictures from the last week of filming – and we have gone through them to see what the cast have been up to, and what we can learn about upcoming plots.

This week, the soap has teased the outcome of Gary Windass' (Mikey North) brutal attack on Ryan Connor (Ryan Prescott) after the pair were spotted filming the violent scenes earlier this month.

And if you were worried that Ryan was about to become one of Gary's latest victims after maybe getting too close to the truth about what Gary's been covering up, then these pictures will come as a relief as Ryan is looking battered and bruised, but still alive.

According to onlookers during the filming of the violent scenes, actor Ryan Prescott wore body armour to avoid getting injured for real.

But while Gary leaves Ryan for dead after the attack for reasons that we don't completely understand yet, it looks like Ryan will quickly find his way back to the cobbles – does this mean he'll be exposing Gary's true colours?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...ttack-outcome/

Ryan did steal Gary's money

hope the talk of a daisy affair is not true

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

parkerman (28-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    hope the talk of a daisy affair is not true
    I have a feeling that there is going to be a fake sexual assault allegation storyline. Daisy propositions Ryan for sex on Friday 9th June but I think that he will stay loyal to Alya and, in an act of jealous, Daisy will say that he assaulted her or something.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...ery-milestone/

Coronation Street star Ryan Prescott has revealed a new milestone for his character Ryan's recovery.

ITV has unveiled behind-the-scenes photos for Wednesday's episode (April 19), in which Ryan Connor finally takes the brave step to look at his scars from the acid attack.

Ryan has thus far been reluctant to face what he now looks like, but with support from Carla Connor, he decides it's time to face up to his future.

Unfortunately, Ryan's surgeon interrupts with news that he will need to undergo another skin graft because his burns aren't healing as quickly as they'd hoped.

Later, Carla and Daisy are alarmed when Ryan goes missing from his hospital room ? though they later find him at a nearby tram station, where he's struggling over what to do next.

Throughout the rest of the week, Daisy will share her own reluctance with Daniel over telling Ryan that Ibiza DJ Crystal no longer wants anything to do with him.

Ryan soon starts to feel self-conscious in the hospital canteen as he assumes a group of giggling nurses are mocking his appearance. After an uncomfortable encounter with a little girl staring at his face, Ryan will insist he wants to be left alone.

Ryan Prescott has now spoken about the gravity of the moment when Ryan looks at himself in the mirror for the first time.

"For Ryan, I don't think he expects it to be as bad as it is," the actor said. "He has never seen major burns before so he doesn?t know what to expect, and because he has been in bandages for so long, he gets into a little comfortable zone with just wearing the bandages."

He continued: "Once his facial injuries are revealed to him, it knocks it right out of him again. The initial glances are heartbreaking.

"The first time he sees his face, he is thinking: 'I am never going to have love in my life again. I am going to be the one that people look at in the street.'

"In that moment, all those feelings he was trying to ignore come rushing to the surface and he realises that there is no way this is going to heal and he is going to look like his burns haven?t been there.

"It confirms to him that this is going to affect every aspect of the rest of his life, no matter what."

The actor and Coronation Street's visual effects team have also spoken about designing the prosthetics Ryan Prescott will now be wearing.

The Corrie team are working with acclaimed Emmy- and BAFTA-winning SFX artist Davy Jones as well as makeup and prosthetics supervisor Beks Scott to reflect the reality many face in the real world.

"It was so impressive to have the opportunity to work with someone like that," Prescott said. "I went to Davy's workshop in the Wirral to have a cast made that covered my whole head.

"Davy?s workshop was wicked; he has done some big films and he had a lot of pieces of prosthetics around from the Blade trilogy and the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. He works magic in that studio."

Prescott also spoke about the emotional experience of seeing his face with the prosthetics for the very first time, knowing what they'd mean for his character Ryan's future.

"It was a process so there was no one defining moment or real shock for me. I knew what to expect and Gillian and I had experimented with a few layers of prosthetics before anything was even set in stone about the stages of Ryan's recovery," he said.

"I already had lots of ideas of what it was going to look like. Through my research for the storyline, I had spoken to numerous people who have survived acid attacks [and] who have real facial injuries."

He continued: "I had always thought of the prosthetics as an edge of that reality and now wearing the prosthetics make[s] me reflect on the reasons why I am doing this storyline. The prosthetics remind me that I want to further the dialogue of what people are actually going through in real life."

Coronation Street's head of hair and makeup, Gillian Walsh, praised the acid attack storyline for its relevance.

"When the storyline was first pitched to me, the bosses felt that it was the right time to do this storyline," Walsh said.

"I have worked on ITV's The Bay, BBC's Death in Paradise and ITV's The Good Karma Hospital, so with my previous expertise and experience away from Coronation Street, they felt that I could bring what I?ve learnt working with prosthetics on drama shows to this storyline."

She went on to share: "It's the most ambitious task that we, the Coronation Street makeup team, have taken on due to the longevity and the fact that the character will be on the show for a long time, but I feel like we have really risen to the occasion and I am really proud of what we have created. The team has all been challenged but everyone has risen to the challenge."

Walsh also addressed Princess Anne's recent visit to the Coronation Street set to see the work the team were doing on the acid attack story.

"She was amazing. I think she might even be a fan of the show," Walsh said.

"She was really engaged and I was able to show her pictures of some of the work that we created with the prosthetics that hadn?t been on screen yet ? she seemed really impressed. It was a real honour and a privilege to meet her."

ITV has also shared comments from acclaimed SFX artist Davy Jones about the ways working on a continuing drama differ from his feature film work Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End or even Doctor Who.

"It's not just because it's a long-running show ? we had to take a lot of things into consideration, like the watershed and what time the show is going out," the SFX expert said. "Sometimes with a horror film, not seeing things is more scary, so sometimes it's just trying to get a level of where 'it's enough'.

"This also includes taking into consideration the paint job. For example, if the team paints the prosthetics more intensely, the injuries are going to look worse. We have only been involved in the manufacturing and the sculpting of the prosthetics, and Beks did the makeup tests with the team to show them what colour they should be aiming for."

Coronation Street has collaborated with advocacy groups like The Katie Piper Foundation and ASTI on this storyline, in addition to having guidance from Pinderfields Hospital charge nurse Paul Blakemore.

Paul has worked with real acid attack victims and used that expertise to help the Coronation Street team accurately reflect the experiences of patients like the ones he cares for.

"Any kind of medical conditions that are highlighted on television are a good thing because it brings the general public more information about them, especially when it is shown as accurately as this storyline is," the nurse explained.

"An acid attack is a horrible thing and we hear about them infrequently. But it's not like someone breaks an arm and once it heals, you can't tell. Once you've been a survivor of an acid attack and an assault like this, it's with you for life, and the psychological impact is massive. For Coronation Street to highlight this is really very good."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...ryan-betrayal/

Coronation Street airs Justin Rutherford's trial for Ryan Connor's acid attack early next month, but a surprising betrayal could sway the case in the villain's favour.

Upcoming episodes see Justin's sister Karen make a return trip to the Rovers Return, where she once again expresses sympathy for Daisy Midgeley's recent ordeal.

When Ryan sees Daisy talking to Karen, he questions her loyalties and sparks a row. Raking over the past, Ryan bitterly reminds Daisy of how she sabotaged his relationship with Alya Nazir in 2021.

Later, Ryan is horrified when Karen admits that she has passed all of this information onto Justin's defence lawyer, hoping that it will benefit him in court. Ryan is left with doubts over whether to give evidence at the trial at all.

Here, Ryan Prescott ? who plays Ryan ? shares details of the drama in store.

How is Ryan feeling ahead of Justin's court case?

"Ryan had assumed that Justin would plead guilty to being the person behind the acid attack, particularly because he pleaded guilty to all his other abusive behaviour against Daisy.

"Ryan thought that Justin would accept what he has done and face justice, but Justin recently did the opposite and pleaded not guilty, so that came as a real shock to Ryan and he took it very personally because he took the major blows of the acid and it has changed his life forever."

Ryan is still coming to terms with his injuries and going back into public places. As the trial gets closer, does this add an extra element of pain for Ryan?

"Yes, Ryan even says to Daisy that he doesn't know how he is going to hold it together. He seems to have gone through so much, so fast, so it's a series of blows that has pushed him to the edge.

"Ryan is really nervous because he hasn't really been in front of anyone else, apart from his auntie Carla and Daisy. He has still been very solitary, so even coming out of the house is a big deal to him.

"Standing in front of a court full of people, and seeing Justin again, feels like he is digging it all up and re-facing the whole thing all over again.

"He feels completely unprepared for this and he would rather bury his head in the sand and look away, but he knows that Daisy is relying on him. And there is a strange kind of connection between the two of them at the moment."

Can you tell us about the scenes where Ryan sees Daisy talking to Justin's sister Karen?

"Ryan sees Karen in the pub and when it seems to him that Daisy is alright with her, he's confused. He feels betrayed that Daisy would have any kind of rapport with someone that is so directly attached to Justin.

"At the end of the day, Justin has done terrible things to Daisy, but he's not done anything to the scale of what he has done to Ryan, so he feels deceived and blind aggression towards Daisy.

"He doesn't blame Daisy for the acid attack but it has happened because of her and so, because she is attached to his trauma in that way, he ends up lashing out at her."

Karen overhears Ryan talking about how Daisy destroyed his relationship with Alya, and she passes this information onto Justin's defence team. When Ryan finds out, why does he decide to skip the trial altogether?

"After everything that has happened, the court case is the final straw that breaks the camel's back. But Ryan is willing to push himself through it, until he finds out that Karen has used what he has said about Daisy against them both.

"He said what he said in spite and due to having a little bit of animosity towards Daisy. Obviously Karen is there to witness this and so now, not only is Ryan feeling scared and out of control, he now feels like a fool."

Does Ryan feel guilty that this might affect the trial?

"I don't think guilty is the right word ? he feels foolish. He doesn't feel like he has much to prove at this point, because he has been through so much and he is very aware that people understand that.

"But at the same time, he doesn't want to trudge through the past and he doesn't want to relive the experience again, especially in front of people. However, he is willing to because, despite the little tiff that he's had with Daisy, he appreciates all that she has done for him and they do have a relationship.

"Although it isn't a romantic relationship, Daisy is one of the only people that Ryan feels close to, so he is willing to go the distance for her and go to court, but what happens with Karen pushes him over the edge."

Is this Ryan's breaking point?

"Yes, Ryan feels overwhelmed and it has just become too much for him. But it's not just one thing, it's the layering of the events that have taken place before this.

"Before this, he has been back in hospital with sepsis and he has confessed his undying love for Crystal and she is not getting back to him, so there are so many areas of his life that are just not working."

Is Ryan aware of the repercussions if he does not attend court? What ultimately changes his mind?

"Yes, he knows there is a chance Justin might walk and actually, he feels like there might be a chance of that anyway now that this new information has come to light for Justin, because it gives Justin's barrister something to run with.

"Ryan is afraid to be there for that because he just can't take another hit. He is ready to bury his head in the sand and everyone is telling him that he has to go to court, but he's at the point where he's happy to shut himself off. Ultimately it's Ryan's relationship with Daisy that changes his mind."

What were the court scenes like to film?

"It was roasting hot! But it was good because it's Ryan's first spout of courage and bravery. Ryan's always had this happy-go-lucky outlook on life and lately we've seen that drowned by the things that have happened to him.

"But when he goes to court, it's like a little bit of that has come back. He probably doesn't realise how much of a big step he has taken yet, but it may be something that he realises in the aftermath of the trial."

How does Ryan feel coming face to face with Justin again?

"It's a shock to the system but he faces him immediately. He doesn't look away and he stares him down, because he is not afraid of Justin but he is afraid of his own situation. He holds so much anger and resentment towards Justin that he has been waiting for this moment to look him in the face."

When you read the scripts where Ryan takes the stand, what were your thoughts?

"I really loved the scripts because you see and feel Ryan struggling from the get-go. We had such a short time to learn those scripts, but I knew I really wanted to put a bit of time into Ryan's deposition because the language was just right for a northern lad who is just trying to stumble through what he could remember from an acid attack."

The barrister accuses Ryan of being in love with Daisy and plotting the attack himself. How does Ryan react?

"Ryan feels like he has ruined things. He loses his temper but he's passionate about what has happened to him because it's his life ? everything about his life has changed because of this.

"When the barrister insinuates that he is in love with Daisy, there is an element of truth to that and Ryan knows that he does have feelings for Daisy but he's not even sure what those feelings are.

"He knows that she is marrying Daniel and he knows that he doesn't have a chance. He doesn't think that she would ever be interested in someone like him because of his facial scars, but he has feelings there for her.

"He feels like he has a connection with her, and not only does he feel like he has made a fool out of himself in front of the whole court, he feels like he has let Daisy down."

Do you think a relationship between Daisy and Ryan would be a good idea?

"In a weird way, I think any relationship for Ryan would be a good idea because he is so isolated right now. After his traumatic experience, Ryan's natural instinct has been to reach out and grab the relationships around him to try and ground himself.

"He's done that with Alya and taken on the heartbreak of that, he's tried to do the same with Crystal and now she's not replying, so he just feels so alone.

"He definitely has a thing for Daisy but his confidence is so low and the reality is that he respects Daniel and he thinks that he is a great guy so he just wouldn't want to get entwined into that in the wrong way. He doesn't want to be anyone's enemy, he's just looking for someone to care about him."

How would Ryan react if he knew Daisy was pretending to be Crystal?

"The thing is, Ryan has had such an intimate back and forth over the past month or so with 'Crystal' that he is genuinely starting to believe that in a different world, in a different time, or somewhere down the line, that there might be something there with her because they have developed an actual relationship.

"There has been a lot of natural chemistry between them and Ryan is finding joy in investing in their relationship. So to find out that it's been Daisy the whole time would make him feel humiliated because he has been very raw and 'himself' with this person.

"He would feel so deceived because it's such a huge lie to play for such a long time, so he would feel like he was a toy and that he's a game to Daisy. He would feel an explosion of contempt for Daisy because he feels like he has lost Crystal and Daisy in one fell swoop."

What can you tease about how the outcome of the trial will affect Ryan going forward?

"Ryan believes that Justin getting sent down would be the next step in his closure, definitely. It has to happen for him to move forward and if it doesn't happen then I am not sure where that leaves him. It's going to set him back a long way because he would be left in turmoil over the situation and the injustice of it all.

"Ryan needs Justin to face justice before he can even face the reality of the aftermath. For Ryan, everything is riding on this trial."

surely justin cannot get off

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (22-05-2023)

addicted to steroids

Thread Information