Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bernice Blackstock

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Think she is doing a panto so probably not leaving permanently
    It has been confirmed that Samantha Giles will star in a Christmas panto of Cinderella at the Alhambra Theatre in Bradford later this year, something that Coronation Street and Emmerdale actors are not usually allowed to do under contract.

Quote Originally Posted by johntrevor View Post
    It has been confirmed that Samantha Giles will star in a Christmas panto of Cinderella at the Alhambra Theatre in Bradford later this year, something that Coronation Street and Emmerdale actors are not usually allowed to do under contract.
    Sharon Marshall said on This Morning that she is leving and no plans to return in the near future...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

DenelTaylor (19-07-2023), johntrevor (19-07-2023)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...confirms-exit/

Emmerdale star Samantha Giles has confirmed she will be exiting the soap very soon.

Back in July, it was reported that the star could be set for another exit as Bernice Blackstock, having last departed the Dales in 2019.

Appearing on today's (October 20) This Morning, Samantha revealed that she will indeed be departing the soap, with her final episode set for next month.

"I haven't been able to kind of confirm it, really, until now. But yes, I am going," she told hosts Alison Hammond and Dermot O'Leary. "I think my last on screen is 14th November, the final episode."

The exit comes ahead of Samantha appearing in panto this Christmas in a production of Cinderella at Bradford's Alhambra Theatre.

Earlier this year, the actress expressed a desire to explore other roles during an appearance on Loose Women.

"I've never lost that thing of wanting to go and do other things," she admitted. "You know, like the stage, I really miss theatre, because it's like this. You've got your audience there, you're having a relationship with your audience."

Speaking back in 2020 after her previous exit from the show, Samantha admitted that she wouldn't have minded if the show's writers killed Bernice off, and that she was "starting to feel a bit stifled" by the role.

"Emmerdale very kindly left the door open for me," she told OK!. "I wouldn't have minded if they'd killed me off, but they were lovely.

"They didn't want me to leave but I got the urge. This departure is my second from the show ? the first was after three years, then this stint was from 2012 to 2019. But I'm ready to move on."

off to dee dee or diane leaving her new business and daughter and grand son behind

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (21-10-2023)

Thread Information