Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bernice Blackstock

Emmerdale spoilers: Bernice Blackstock cheats with Andy Sugden on the eve of her wedding

Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
    Sunday 15 Nov 2015 12:01 am

(Picture: ITV)

Bernice Blackstock is about to put her big wedding day in jeopardy when she ends up cheating on husband to be Lawrence wife with her ex Andy Sugden.

Bernice has been struggling with the lack of physical contact between her and her fiance, who has struggled due to ordeals he suffered while in prison.

Poor Bernice’s hormones are at fever bitch – she is certainly a lady with a libido! And the arrival of Andy as a butler in the buff certainly doesn’t help to cool her down.

Andy has been roped in to the awkward role and the pair eventually end up sharing a heart to heart at the end of the hen night.

With Bernice due to marry the next day, she confides her fears over whether entering into a sexless marriage is the right thing to do. Meanwhile, Andy opens up about his own recent ordeals and before long they end up kissing.

As one thing leads to another, Bernice indulges in some sins of the flesh with the rugged Andy – and wakes up the next morning full of regret.

But with Andy seemingly fallen for her again and intent on having Bernice for his own, is Bernice’s big day doomed?

And how will Lawrence react to her betrayal?

Read more at:
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/15/emmerd...dding-5497779/

-------------------------------------------------------

I've realised now that the Emmerdale storyline for Bernice, Lawrence and Andy could be like that in Lady Chatterley's Lover, written by D.H. Lawrence and first published in 1928.

The story concerns a young married woman, Connie (Lady Constance Chatterley), whose upper class husband, Clifford Chatterley, described as a handsome, well-built man, has been paralysed from the waist down due to a Great War injury. Clifford becomes a successful writer, intellectual and businessman, and a nurse is hired to take care of him and to allow Connie to have time of her own.

Connie meets new gamekeeper Oliver Mellors, a rough working class type who previously ran away from his wife, joined the army and rose above his background to become a lieutenant based on his own merits and deeds as a soldier during World War I. However, his health failed after he caught pneumonia and so he left the army to live quietly on the Chatterley's estate after a string of previously failed love relationships.

Although Connie and Mellors meet on a number of occasions, nothing much happens between them as he reminds her of the class difference between them, which in the 1920's would cause a scandal if the two of them were publically found to be in a relationship. However, they meet again by chance and this time have sex in a forest hut and again on several other occasions until, finally, they have sex on the open ground in the forest where they both climax together. From then on, Connie is in love with Mellors.

Connie takes a holiday to Venice and, when she comes back, finds that Mellors' wife has returned, caused trouble over the Connie-Mellors relationship and got him sacked from his job as gamekeeper. He is waiting for the divorce to come through and Connie finds that she is pregnant with his baby. Her husband won't divorce her though. Mellors eventually gets a job as a farm labourer and he and Connie hope eventually to be able to marry once their divorces have come through.

Of course, Bernice and Lawrence in Emmerdale could have a very long and loving marriage, but then again this is Emmerdale and the home of Andy the farm labourer...

Read more at:
    Lady Chatterley's Lover - Storyline summary, sparknotes.com
    http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/ladych...y/summary.html
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 15-11-2015 at 05:29.

Bernice Marie Blackstock, character summary

Other names: Bernice Binns (1st married name), Bernice Thomas (2nd married name), Bernice Willis (3rd married name)
    Born: 29th December 1968 (46yo)
    Residence: Home Farm
    Father: Rodney Blackstock
    Mother: Diane Sugden (formerly Blackstock)
    Siblings: Paul Lambert (half-brother), Nicola King (half-sister)
    Spouses: Anthony Binns (divorced), Ashley Thomas (2000), Charlie Willis (until 2012)
    Children: Gabby Thomas (2001), Diane Willis (2004)
    First appearance: 25th November 1998
    Occupations: Barmaid (1999-2002, 2012-2014), Pub Landlady (1999-2002), Businesswoman (1999-2002, 2014-), Beautician (2014-)
    Acted by: Samantha Elizabeth Giles (1998-2002, 2004, 2012-, 44yo, DOB 02/07/71)

Bernice Marie Blackstock (previously Binns, Thomas, and Willis) is a fictional character from the British soap opera Emmerdale, played by Samantha Giles. She made her first on screen appearance on 25 November 1998. In September 2012, it was announced Giles had reprised her role and Bernice returned on 20 November 2012, after nearly nine years away from Emmerdale.

For her portrayal of Bernice, Giles was nominated for "Most Popular Newcomer" at the 1999 National Television Awards. In 2000, she earned a nomination for "Best Actress". At the TV Quick Awards, Giles won "Best Soap Actress". She garnered nominations for "Best Actress", "Sexiest Female" and "Best On-screen Partnership" with John Middleton [Ashley] at the 2002 British Soap Awards.

Read storylines and more at:
    http://emmerdale.wikia.com/wiki/Bernice_Blackstock
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernice_Thomas

Emmerdale lines up 'open marriage' twist as Lawrence fights for Bernice

Will Bernice marry Lawrence and sleep with other men?

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    17 November 2015

Emmerdale's Bernice Blackstock will be left shellshocked next week when her fiance Lawrence White offers her an open marriage.

Bernice receives the unexpected proposal on the day of their wedding, just when it looks like the lavish ceremony is about to be called off.

Next week's Emmerdale episodes see Bernice sleep with her old flame Andy Sugden (Kelvin Fletcher) after they cross paths on her hen night.

Lawrence's daughter Chrissie spots the pair together and reports back to her father, who still isn't prepared to give up on the idea of a happy life with Bernice.

Samantha Giles, who plays Bernice, explained: "Bernice is definitely still in love with Andy and she has to deal with those feelings.

"When she sees Andy on her hen night, she thinks he's offering her a way out of the situation and he's her knight in shining armour. Bernice thinks there's a chance of a future with Andy and she doesn't have to be trapped in a sexless marriage with Lawrence.

"The morning after they've slept together, it's with trepidation that Bernice asks Andy whether it means anything else can happen between them. He says no - it was great but he can't give her anything else.

"Bernice's heart is broken as she would have called the wedding off if she thought that Andy wanted to be with her. She thinks she's got to go and tell Lawrence and face the music, but she realises as soon as she gets to Home Farm that Chrissie has already beaten her to it."

While Bernice is expecting Lawrence to dump her, he actually gives her a free pass to sleep with other men if they go ahead with the wedding. He does so as he accepts that he can't give her the physical side of a relationship that she craves.

Giles continued: "Bernice is really shocked by what Lawrence says to her. If she was my friend, I'd say don't do it! In my opinion, an open marriage is not a marriage. What's the point in getting married? You might as well split up and see other people.

"But it's more common than we think and maybe it does work for some people. Lawrence and Bernice would be a good match if it wasn't for the physical situation. I think they're a really interesting partnership and it's interesting that there isn't a physical side, because it's something that hasn't really been done before and it's a great thing to explore."

The wedding episode will have two big hooks for fans, as Bernice has to make a final decision on whether she wants to marry Lawrence. Even if she does, there's another twist when Andy has a last-minute change of heart and braces himself to steal Bernice away again.

Pondering the possibilities, Giles concluded: "I hope Bernice doesn't get her happy ever after, because I think that's the point of a character like her. As soon as she's happy, all of the tension and the drama goes. I think it's more interesting that she can't quite grab what she's reaching for."

Emmerdale airs Bernice and Lawrence's wedding on Tuesday, November 24 at 7pm on ITV.

Source:
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...s-for-bernice/

Emmerdale spoilers: Stars reveal Bernice Blackstock and Lawrence White wedding twists

Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
    Tuesday 17 Nov 2015 12:01 am

It’s a massive day for Lawrence White and Bernice Blackstock – but things aren’t set to go to plan. When does a soap wedding ever?

Waking up on the morning of her big day next to Andy – who she has had a passionate bunk up in the salon with – Bernice is crushed by what she has done and determines to break the news to Lawrence.

However, she is unaware that Chrissie has spotted them together and beaten her to it, leaving Lawrence crushed.

As the wedding teeters on the brink of collapsing, Lawrence offers Bernice a proposal as she admits that she can’t live in a sexless marriage – he suggests that they have an open marriage.

Meanwhile, Andy is contemplating heading to the wedding to win Bernice from Lawrence, determining to finally leave Katie behind.

With so many factors at play, drama is inevitable. Metro.co.uk caught up with John Bowe [Lawrence] and Samantha Giles [Bernice] recently to chat about what the big day holds for their characters.

So is Bernice genuinely really keen on Lawrence?

Sam: She is keen on him, she surprises herself because initially she wasn’t that interested in going out with him. He just makes her feel very looked after so she’s perhaps more into him that she would’ve been had she not have such a run of bad luck with men. They get on very well and she’s fallen in love with him, but obviously there’s nothing physical.

What’s going on there, because he had a wife and has two daughters?

John: the aversion therapy has left him traumatised. He finds physical intimacy really difficult because of what they did to him in prison. And so he finds physical intimacy very difficult. Obviously with his first wife they overcame this to a certain extent, and we’ve already heard that Bernice reminds him of his first wife.

He absolutely adores Bernice, she makes him happy – her idiosyncrasies, her faux pas amuse him and he loves her for them. At his age it’s his last chance and he sees someone that he wants to spend the rest of his life with. I think to varying degrees they both imagine that they can overcome this difficulty. After all, he has two daughters.

Does Bernice really fancy him?

Sam: I think because she loves him, she is physically attracted to him, yeah. She definitely wants them to have a physical relationship and I think she can’t understand why its not happening and she’s in denial about it.

John: What’s great about what the writers have done for Lawrence is that he is a romantic man. He demonstrates his romance and his love for Bernice but at the eleventh hour he finds it’s difficult to make the final commitment for physical intimacy because of his past. But that doesn’t mean that he isn’t romantic and he isn’t desirous of Bernice.

How does Bernice cope with that?

Sam: Well not very well really. She quite likes sex, doesn’t she?

John: So do I! This is a real stretch for me you know! It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do as an actor!

Does it knock her self-esteem?

Sam: I think it does in the end. As we’re leading up to the wedding she keeps having little moments wondering if he’s going to kiss her, and she sees other people having physical contact and displays of affection and all she gets really from Lawrence is a hug or whatever. He might speak romantic words but she wants a little bit of action.

And she turns to Andy for that?

Sam: They end up having a chat, and he says to her are you really doing the right thing here? And of course, as you do, you end up having a snog and then they go off to the salon. And they wake up together the next day, but Chrissie sees them…

John: It’s harrowing stuff actually. The whole lead up to the wedding is a very taut wire that we walk on. I think it will be agonising for viewers who want us to get together to see how we deal with it. And Lawrence goes through all kinds of tortures to keep the wedding on, so much so that it’s heart-breaking.

Sam: She is actually going to tell him, as she’s sure he won’t want to marry her after finding out, but Chrissie has already told him.

But he is quite sympathetic isn’t he?

Sam: Yeah.

John: First of all he says he’ll take the rap. She says, I’ll go and tell the guests its off and he says ‘no, no I’ll tell them its something I’ve done’ because he doesn’t want her to be hurt by the whole thing. But then, he offers her an open marriage.

What do you both think personally of open marriages?

Sam: I think it’s not really a marriage. I mean, each to their own. Obviously some people it works for.

John: I haven’t seen a successful one yet.

How do Bernice and Chrissie get on?

Sam: Ooh God there is going to be tension. It’s okay at the moment and Chrissie has been quite supportive of the wedding but after the Andy business Chrissie is absolutely disgusted. It causes a lot of tension because Chrissie is definitely the lady of the house.

How does Bernice feel about having a step grandson who is Lachlan?

I think she’s quite wary of Lachlan, especially with Gabby. But Gabby’s going a bit dark as well! The pair of them together could be… God knows what’s going to happen. I think we’ll probably see more of that at some point.

What do you think about the character of Lawrence? If it weren’t for the laws of the 1960s and the aversion therapy, could he be leading a very different life to the one he’s got now? Is he quite a tragic character?

John: [In the 60s] Lawrence was blamed for the whole relationship and forcing himself on Harold which wasn’t true. The whole injustice of the whole thing is just appalling… the laws at the time the aversion therapy – it was a terrible thing to happen, and lets not forget that this did happen to young men.

But he’s a man who overcomes all of that and comes out of prison, decides to make something of his life and meets a woman with whom he has a successful marriage, and there’s his hugely successful business. He throws himself into that and has two beautiful daughters with his wife, but yes that’s always in the background. He’s had to make, and his first wife has had to make sacrifices to make the relationship successful. Is that going to be repeated now? We shall see.

Have you spoken to anyone who has been through that aversion therapy?

John: I saw things in the 60s and that’s all I’ll say. I don’t want to involve anyone who would know who I’m talking about but I saw things that were very sad. Electric shock treatment.

Has Lawrence had a gay relationship since the 60s?

John: No. Gay Desires? Maybe. There’s the suspicion that Robert’s rise in his business may have been through longing.

How does he feel about Robert?

John: Not very happy, betrayed and he wants to get him out of the business! At the moment he’s sticking like glue, he can’t get him out of the business.

Would you have liked Lawrence to be the one who shot Robert?

John: No because I want to stay in the show! I can understand why he would have wanted to. The thing about Lawrence is that because everything has happened in his life he’s very thin-skinned and he wears his heart on his sleeve, so it’s very easy to get him into a state where he could perhaps do something like that. I would like to think in the end that he would pull back.

Source:
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/17/emmerd...wists-5498954/

Emmerdale star Samantha Giles has said that she found her husband by casting a love spell, and thinks her character Bernice Thomas should follow her lead.

The actress's alter-ego has had a dramatic time on screen this week, sleeping with her former lover Andy Sugden on her wedding night, before entering into an open marriage agreement with new husband Lawrence White.

Viewers know that Bernice has been plagued with doubts about her sexless relationship with Lawrence for a while, as well as fighting her unresolved feelings for Andy.

However, Giles's own love life is a far cry from Bernice's, and she believes that casting a 'love spell' is to thank for that.

Giles said to The Mirror: "I cast a love spell three months before I met my husband Sean and it was absolutely spot on.

"I think Bernice could do with one of my love spells. Some people are just not sexual people, which is fine, but if it's important to one person it's got to be important within the marriage.

"However, I really like the idea Bernice and Lawrence could have a sexless marriage because I think it's more common than we think. It's a good soap relationship."

Speaking about how her spells work, Giles added: "You have to write down what you're looking for and be very specific. And one thing I forgot to put down was for him to be older than me.

"I put taller, as well as details about his personality and morality. Then when I met Sean and we started seeing each other, he was two-and-a-half years younger than me. I thought, 'This feels a bit weird', but it didn't take me long to get over it. If I had remembered to put older than me in my spell, I wouldn't have met him.

"There's nothing dark or negative about what I do, it's giving people the tools to change things about their life. I've had some great success stories."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (26-11-2015)

What spell did she use could I borrow

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (26-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    What spell did she use could I borrow
    You could write to her and ask!! Then let us all know
    Last edited by Perdita; 26-11-2015 at 13:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    You could write to her and ask!! Then let us all know
    C/O Home Farm Emmerdale

Emmerdale's Bernice Blackstock will be under secret surveillance next week, as Chrissie Sugden becomes determined to prove that she's a cheat.

Bernice (Samantha Giles) reignites some uncertainty over her loyalty when she openly flirts with 'Hot Tony' in the salon, leaving Chrissie fuming as she watches on.

When Tony invites Bernice out for a drink, she's on her best behaviour as she turns him down for Chrissie's benefit - telling him that she's happily married.

Once Chrissie (Louise Marwood) has gone, though, Bernice's marriage to Lawrence appears to be the last thing on her mind as she secretly slips Tony's business card into her handbag.

© ITV
    Bernice flirts with Tony

Nosy Chrissie is quick to spot the card when she looks in Bernice's bag, so she can't help fearing that her dad is being played for a fool by his hot-blooded wife.

Deciding that it's time to find out where Bernice's loyalties really lie, Chrissie forms a cunning plan when she hears that Lawrence is looking for a new groundskeeper.

Chrissie decides to offer Andy Sugden the job, before planting hidden webcams all over Home Farm as she's convinced that Bernice will be tempted by her old flame.

© ITV
    Chrissie offers Andy a job

Chrissie's son Lachlan helps out with the technological side of the twisted scheme, but it appears that Bernice smells a rat when she offers Andy a shocking tip-off about why he's really been hired.

Later, Chrissie gets a huge shock when she watches some of the secret webcam footage - but will it condemn or clear Bernice?

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...-cunning-trap/

Samantha Giles doesn't think she'll stay on Emmerdale and may quit the ITV soap again.

The 44-year-old actress - who is known for playing feisty redhead Bernice White (also Blackstock and Thomas) - has admitted it probably won't be long before she turns her back on the long-running soap because she likes to spread her wings regularly.

Speaking to Inside Soap magazine, she said: "I'm really enjoying it at the moment. I don't think I'm the sort of person who can stay in the one role for donkey's years - not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just that I get very itchy feet, so I would like to do other work at some point in the future."

Giles added: "But I have a young family, and I don't like to be away from them for long periods of time, so it's a nice balance. I realise I'm very lucky.

"Emmerdale is a lovely place to be."

However, Samantha is no stranger to trying new things as she also left the show in 2002 - making a brief appearance again in 2004 - before returning permanently in 2012.

She explained: "When I left, I was never cheeky enough to presume they'd ask me back. I didn't leave with the view of returning one day, because I wanted to do other things.

"I had a whole other career by the time they did ask me to come back. To me, my two stints playing Bernice feel like two separate jobs."

Mirror.co.uk

Hope not , I love her character but if she splits from Lawrence .. could that be the writing on the wall?

Thread Information