Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jac Naylor (Rosie Marcel)

oooo Really interesting, I never watched Holby Blue, I'll have to at some point

Whats the spoiler? I can't be bothered to watch the interview.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Spoiler:
    Jac's been raped before :S
    I don't know when it's going to come out though..
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Rosie Marcel (Jac) video interview *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/holbycity/video/

Rosie Marcel, who plays Holby's irrepressible redhead Jac Naylor, gives us an exclusive interview on the Jac-Joseph-Faye love triangle. She tells us all about the fake pregnancy, why Jac would make a good mum and what's in store for Joseph and Jac.

She also says there's a lockdown situation in Holby where some people die and get seriously ill and Joseph and Jac get trapped in a room together and have a heart to heart.

Please let the condemned include Daisha and Faye.
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 13-03-2009 at 14:05.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Jac Naylor

Holby City star Rosie Marcel has revealed that her character Jac Naylor will be involved in the show's next foreign episode.

Consultant series producer Justin Young recently told Digital Spy that the programme's team are making plans for another one-off edition which will take Holby away from the UK.

Marcel has now expressed excitement over the upcoming special, which comes following the success of last year's Christmas episode in Ukraine.

Asked what is coming up for Jac, the actress told Inside Soap: "An amazing standalone episode set in a foreign country - but that's all I can say!"

Marcel spoke to the magazine to campaign for votes ahead of next month's Inside Soap Awards. Holby City has been nominated for 'Best Drama' alongside Casualty and Waterloo Road.

Discussing the show's chances, she added: "We've never won, and we get five million viewers every week. It's boring when awards go to the same shows every year - so I'll flash the crowd if we win!"

The Inside Soap Awards take place in London on September 25.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Katrina ok (23-09-2015)

An exciting new Holby City trailer has previewed Jac Naylor's upcoming return to the hospital.

Rosie Marcel has been on maternity leave since giving birth to her first child earlier this year but will reappear on screen over the autumn.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...porI7k2nlB3JvA

Appearing at the end of the trailer, Jac appears to save the day when she arrives just as an anxious Elliot is saying that he can't take a risk amid an operation.

The five-minute preview of upcoming action at Holby this autumn also sees Ollie and Zosia's budding relationship going from strength to strength, and big storylines for Mo Effanga and Arthur Digby.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (16-09-2015), Katrina ok (23-09-2015), maidmarian (16-09-2015), Rear window (17-09-2015)

Holby City star Rosie Marcel has praised the decision to take her character Jac Naylor back to her bitchy best.

Jac returns to the show on a permanent basis in next week's episode and wastes little time before causing fireworks on Darwin as she clashes with Ollie Valentine.

In real life, Marcel gave birth to her first child - baby girl Beau - in January and took a few months away from the BBC drama for maternity leave.

Revealing what's ahead, the actress told Inside Soap: "Nobody knows that Jac's back till she barges in on one of Oliver's cases. She's in full-on Jac mode now and demands to know exactly what's going on.

"I'm not on Twitter or Facebook, but often Chizzy [Akudolu, who plays Mo] has told me what the fans have said. I think they were mildly disappointed by how soft Jac had become, so my focus is to give them more of the old Jac - who would gladly sell her soul to the devil in exchange for a better job!

"If Jac stopped being nasty, I wouldn't be here. I don't think I'd have stuck with Holby City for this long had Jac not behaved like such an absolute cow!"

With Jac now back in the thick of the action, Marcel also promised a juicy Christmas storyline for fans to look forward to.

She said: "Jac gets a blast from the past. The story involves Jac's child and someone who either has an accident or is purposely pushed. That's just about as much as I can tell you, but trust me when I say it's going to be very good!"

Holby City airs Jac's return to work on Tuesday, November 24 at 8pm on BBC One.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Katrina ok (02-12-2015), Rear window (24-11-2015)

Jac Naylor's return to Holby City was never going to be without fireworks, but the show's latest trailer sees her ongoing feud with Fran Reynolds taking a dramatic turn.

Viewers saw Jac return to screens at her bitchy best last night (November 24) as she immediately clashed with Ollie Valentine. In real life, Rosie Marcel, who plays her, has been on maternity leave after giving birth to her first child in January.

Upcoming episodes will see Fran accuse Jac of neglecting a patient, before a formal complaint is made against her.

However, Jac refuses to take the matter lying down and a huge row between her and Fran soon unfolds, resulting in Fran delivering her an almighty bitch slap.

Marcel recently praised the decision to resurrect Jac's nasty side, admitting that her character had become too soft previously.

"If Jac stopped being nasty, I wouldn't be here," she said. "I don't think I'd have stuck with Holby City for this long had Jac not behaved like such an absolute cow!"

The show's winter trailer also shows Zosia and Ollie grow even closer, whilst Dom continues to fall for a patient.

Holby City airs Tuesday nights at 8pm on BBC One.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/holb...fran-reynolds/

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Katrina ok (02-12-2015), Rear window (27-11-2015)

After shocking scenes on Holby City, star Rosie Marcel has spoken out about THAT big cliffhanger.

Prompting cries of "If Jac dies, I die," the surly surgeon was left with her life hanging in the balance after the first half of the show's two-part special on Tuesday night (December 5).

Seeming to wave goodbye to the hallowed halls of Holby for good, Jac made peace with her colleagues and decided to hand in her notice.

However, as the stairwell was plunged into darkness, the medical drama pulled its own "Who shot J.R.?" when an unseen gunman shot Jac and left her to bleed out.

Taking to Twitter, former Holby actress Chizzy Akudolu shared a special video message from Marcel to her fans, thanking them for their support.

Chizzy

@chizzyakudolu
    So, I told Rosie Marcel about all your lovely messages regarding last nights Ep. She’d like me to pass this on #HolbyCity #holby #JacNaylor 💋💋

6:37 PM - Dec 6, 2017
    232 232 Replies 482 482 Retweets 3,120 3,120 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Akudolu has played Holby's Mo Effanga since 2012, but left the show in June to appear on this year's series of Strictly Come Dancing.

As for what's next for Jac, Marcel also promised that Thursday's (December 7) episode will be "revelatory".

Although Marcel hasn't announced that she is leaving the show, some fans are getting the festive fear that we are in for a dramatic Christmas departure for the stoic surgeon.

Elsewhere, with the shooter's identity still leaving us in the dark, Jac might not be the only casualty.

More like an episode of Grey's Anatomy, there could be a dangerous assailant out for blood and armed with a gun in Holby.

Digital Spy

Holby City star Rosie Marcel has opened up about her nervous breakdown on set, sharing that she had to take a break from work afterwards.

The actress, who plays Jac Naylor on the series, said on Lorraine that she sought therapy.

"I became very depressed and suffered from depersonalisation," she said. "[My bosses] were understanding, but it was difficult as it literally happened on set. I said I had to see my doctor and left set.

"He signed me off instantly, and I did intensive therapy for a month before I came back to work."

Rosie talked about the importance of therapy and encouraged people to seek help if they need it.

"It's a super important thing and I'm a super stubborn person," she said. "I didn't want to go to therapy, but I didn't know who I was. And when you start to think about leaving your family – and I did, I actually walked out of my house in my pyjamas and no shoes and walked to a friend's house three miles away, and just knocked on her door in the middle of the night.

"I think when you get to that point, you go, 'I need help'. I felt like my family would be better off without me. I know a lot of people feel that way. And they're not going to be better without me, and you've got to get help.

"It's super important, and I have no shame talking about it at all."

Digital Spy

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

jj9961 (13-06-2018), Rear window (13-06-2018)

Thread Information