Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Roo Stewart

Where does Roo work? Or does she just collect cans and cash them in for money?

Nowtolove.com.au article (1st part of the article):

Home and Away: Roo goes to desperate lengths to help Martha as her health declines
    ''Roo thought she would lose her all over again.''

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...o-martha-71868

With the possibility her mother Martha may never get the surgery she needs to save her life, Roo does all she can to ensure it happens. But is she setting herself up for heartbreak?

During a visit to the transplant clinic in Home And Away this week, Martha (Belinda Giblin) is told she's not well enough to undergo surgery.

Dr Logan (Harley Bonner) explains that, with her condition worsening, her blood pressure is high and her medication will need to be increased.

A teary Martha blames herself, but accepts her fate. Alf (Ray Meagher) is overcome with emotion and tries to hide it from his wife.

Their daughter Roo (Georgie Parker), however, refuses to accept the doctor's decision and does some research into heart conditions and how to reduce stress.

"Roo has known her mother for only a few years," Georgie, 57, tells TV WEEK.

"Martha came back in her life, and then Roo could have saved her life, but her mother wouldn't let her, and she thought she would lose her all over again."

The following morning, Roo presents her findings to Logan, who implements a course of action that aligns with Roo's health kick. Alf isn't convinced it has any merit, but Martha is willing to try anything.

"Alf is so stubborn that it's hard to have a conversation with him about it," Georgie explains.

When Alf gets home, he's stunned to find Martha, Roo and Marilyn (Emily Symons) meditating on the couch. And he can smell something, which turns out to be vegetable soup and Buddha bowls.

Despite his scepticism, he admits he hasn't seen Martha having this much fun in a long time. Perhaps Roo is right?

The next day, the trio head off on a walk, but it proves too much for Martha, who struggles to breathe.

Alf snaps at his daughter for pushing her mum too hard. Suddenly, Roo is reminded of how fragile her mother is and her father's deep concerns.

EDIT: The DS article:

Home and Away reveals new setback in Martha storyline
    Roo hatches a new plan to help her mum with her health issues.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...ewart-setback/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 25-04-2022 at 22:02.

Nowtolove.com.au article:

"Roo and Martha ready for surgery

After many obstacles and a long wait, the time has finally arrived for Roo (Georgie Parker) and Martha (Belinda Giblin) to undergo surgery.

Nerves are high in the Stewart household as Roo keeps herself busy, refusing to discuss what happens if the kidney transplant her mother needs may not go to plan.

At the hospital, Alf (Ray Meagher) bids a teary goodbye to the most important women of his life as they're wheeled off to the operating theatres. Will they be OK?

Home and Away airs Monday to Thursday, 7pm, Channel Seven."

DS article:

Home and Away star Georgie Parker confirms short break from soap
    The actress will be hitting the stage for a short while.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...er-soap-break/

Home and Away star Georgie Parker has revealed she will be temporarily stepping away from the soap to star on stage.

The Australian star has played the role of Roo Stewart since 2010, though confirmed in a new interview that she will be starring in play Rhinestone Rex and Miss Monica over the next seven weeks, meaning she will be taking a break.

?I?m lucky that with Home and Away or any other TV productions I?ve been involved with, I?ve been very fortunate that I kind of put it out there ? if it?s going to be long term, that I need time out for plays,? she told Yahoo! Lifestyle.

?Channel Seven has always been very generous with letting me do that, and ask for [time off]. I just get it written into my contract.?

The actress went on to note that the soap tends to ?revolve around the younger cast members?, meaning writing her out is easier, adding: ?It doesn?t break any storylines in half if I take time out to go, so I?m lucky in that way."

With her exiting now, it would likely mean that Roo will be absent from around August, as the soap films five months in advance.

Speaking further about returning to the stage, Parker admitted: ?It?s the most natural medium for an actor because you start at the beginning of the story and you end, at the end. It suits my energy levels [and] I love the connection with the audience.

?It?s the immediacy of [theatre] that I love, and always have, I started in theatre."

Elsewhere in the new interview, Parker admitted that she had talked to Home and Away co-star James Stewart (Justin Morgan) about working on stage together at some point.

?I would definitely [collaborate] with Jimmy, [if] Jimmy wanted to do something. Wouldn?t that be fun?? she said. ?Jimmy and I talk about it a bit.?

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

lizann (08-03-2023), Perdita (08-03-2023), Ruffed_lemur (08-03-2023)

is summer bay high gone, leah and roo worked there

Georgie Parker reveals when she will leave Home and Away
    It's not for a while yet...

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...and-away-77130

Home and Away actress Georgie Parker has shocked fans after revealing how and when she plans to exit the long running drama.

The 58-year-old actress replaced Justine Clarke as Alf Stewart's onscreen daughter Ruth 'Roo' Stewart back in 2010 and has been a fan favourite ever since.

But despite an increasingly busy schedule as she pursues her passion for live theatre, Georgie says that she will stick around Summer Bay until Ray Meagher decides it's time to say goodbye to his character of Alf, which he has played from the very first episode in 1988.

''I'm very fortunate that [producers] are very flexible, and they let me go to do other things which is very important for me. I'm very, very grateful for it,'' she told Yahoo Lifestyle.

''Honestly, while Ray's there I wouldn't leave because my character is his daughter, and my storyline revolves around him.''

The comments are a sure sign of relief from fans who have already been devastated by the departure of additional fan favourites this year, including Kawakawa Fox-Reo (Nikau Parata), Sophie Dillman (Ziggy Aston) and Patrick O'Connor (Dean Thompson).

"Please don't leave, you are a great actor. Everyone loves you at Summer Bay so don't leave," one fan pleaded on social media.

"I love Georgie Parker, it [wouldn't] be the same without you," another added.

"I think I will stop watching Home and Away. Too many regulars leaving. Nikau, Dean and Ziggy. And Jasmine. I know they can't stay forever but I don't think it will ever be the same," a third chimed in.

"Love Georgie. She is a wonderful actress and it is her character, along with Alf, Irene, John and Marilyn that are the absolute mainstay of Home and Away," another pointed out.

Considering Ray Meagher renewed his contract with Channel Seven in January this year for a further five years on the show, Georgie won't be going anywhere anytime soon!

Georgie isn't the only cast member who has teased at her eventual departure from Home and Away, with Lynne McGranger revealing to Stuff that when she does leave the show, it will be ''dramatic.''

''I wanted to go out with the biggest bang, the most dramatic exit. I want to get lost at sea, or I want to die a really sad, lengthy death with everyone weeping and wailing around me.''

''Or Irene could get lost at sea and they never find the body, have the memorial service and everything, and then she walks back into town,'' Lynne says.

Whoever leaves next, we are sure it will be with a bang (but perhaps not as big of a bang that Lynne has suggested).

And:

Home and Away star Georgie Parker reveals whether she'd leave the soap
    No need to fret.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...whether-leave/

DS article:

Home and Away's Roo Stewart leaves close friend devastated in return plot
    She's back!

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...t-return-plot/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian-pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away aired Roo Stewart's return scenes in Australia on Thursday (August 31), but her comeback led to heartbreak for Marilyn Chambers.

Roo has been absent from the soap for several weeks after she was transferred to another hospital in the wake of the explosion disaster. However, the latest triple bill of episodes on Channel 7 saw her brought back to Northern Districts Hospital.

Alf Stewart set the ball rolling for Roo's return by requesting for her to be granted a day pass, which would allow her to spend some time with her loved ones out of the hospital.

This prompted the hospital to speed up Roo's transfer back to Northern Districts instead, allowing her to be closer to her loved ones again.

Roo is still recovering after getting caught up in the recent explosion drama, which saw corrupt skincare company Stunning Organics send a bomb to Marilyn.

Marilyn was wary about seeing Roo again, still blaming herself for the feud with Stunning Organics spiralling so badly out of control.

When Roo's loved ones paid her a visit at the hospital, she behaved warmly towards her dad Alf and friend Leah Patterson.

Marilyn was dismayed to see Roo show signs of frostiness with her in comparison.

When Marilyn confided in Alf later, he suggested that Roo was annoyed with her for not visiting in recent months. Marilyn had deliberately kept her distance from Roo, unable to face her as she was struggling with her guilt over the explosion.

An apologetic Marilyn headed back to the hospital to clear the air with Roo, but was left distraught when her worst fears were realised about being blamed for her friend's ordeal.

In an uncharacteristic outburst, Roo told Marilyn not to worry about her lack of visits: "I'm glad you didn't come. Why do you think? Marilyn, this is all your fault."

Will Roo regret her harsh words?

Georgie Parker, who plays Roo, disappeared from screens on Home and Away as she took a break to star in the stage play Rhinestone Rex and Miss Monica.

Her return scenes will air in the UK on Channel 5 on October 24.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (01-09-2023)

Home and Away spoilers: Roo and Marilyn?s feud spills over
    ?Get out of my house!'

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...-trouble-78806

Since she was caught up in the van explosion in June that almost claimed her life, Roo has been angry with Marilyn. This week in Home And Away, it threatens to tear apart their long friendship.

On crutches at home in Summer Bay after being treated for her injuries in a special hospital unit in the city, Roo (Georgie Parker) is slowly on the road to recovery.

But she can't forgive Marilyn (Emily Symons) for lying to everyone about Stunning Organics' dodgy dealings and putting her friends' lives at risk.When John (Shane Withington) was driving a van of unwanted Stunning Organics products to the tip to help Marilyn, a bomb that had been planted in the vehicle detonated, hurling Roo to the side of the road with severe injuries.

"Roo was trying to help Maz in her involvement with Stunning Organics," Georgie, 58, tells TV WEEK.

"But because she kept lying about it, she found it hard to know what was happening ? or how resolved Maz was to finish with the pyramid scheme."

In the wake of the bomb blast, Marilyn was so ashamed of herself, she couldn't bring herself to visit Roo when she was in hospital for three months. Now, Roo feels more neglected than ever.

"Maz didn't go to see Roo, so she felt abandoned and resentful," Georgie says.

An angry Roo wants Marilyn out of her house, but she stands her ground. Roo's dad Alf (Ray Meagher) ? who Roo has been lying to about her fight ? is still away in Merimbula, and Marilyn knows her friend needs around-the-clock care.

When Theo (Matt Evans) turns up at Roo's, he's stunned to find the pair embroiled in a fiery exchange. The whole caravan park can hear them shouting at each other!

Fed up with their feuding, Marilyn gives Roo an ultimatum: "Let me stay and help or I tell Alf the truth."

Roo relents ? but has Marilyn's forceful meddling made thing worse?

And:

Home and Away's Roo and Marilyn to have massive row as feud escalates
    Their friendship is at a turning point.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...eud-escalates/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 18-09-2023 at 23:03.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (18-09-2023)

DS article:

Home and Away's Marilyn Chambers left shocked by demand from Roo Stewart
    Will she agree?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...tewart-demand/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Wednesday's Australian episode (October 4), which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has aired another bitter clash for Marilyn Chambers and her estranged friend Roo Stewart.

The pair have fallen out on Australian screens recently, with Roo bitterly blaming Marilyn for the injuries she sustained in the explosion incident.

A bomb was sent to Summer Bay earlier this year as corrupt cosmetics company Stunning Organics were targeting Marilyn, but Roo found herself caught in the crossfire.

Ever since, Roo has blamed Marilyn for what happened ? firstly for getting involved with Stunning Organics to start with, and secondly for antagonising them with a social media campaign.

In Wednesday's episode on Channel 7, Roo worried when she learned that her father Alf was due to return home following a trip to see his wife Martha.

This was unwelcome news for Roo, who'd kicked Marilyn out of the Stewart family home in Alf's absence.

Alf only left for his holiday as he believed that Marilyn would be overseeing Roo's care, but Roo had other ideas and hired newcomer Dana Matheson to oversee things instead.

Desperate to avoid being caught out for lying to Alf, Roo urged Marilyn to go along with a cover story.

Roo suggested: "We just tell him that it was your idea to move into Leah's."

As Marilyn scoffed at the idea, Roo snapped: "Well, hey Marilyn, you keep telling me what a good friend you are to me. Now is your chance to prove it."

Will Marilyn comply with her former friend's ultimatum?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes in January on Channel 5 following the show's Christmas break.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (05-10-2023)

Thread Information