Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Roo Stewart

DailyMail article with pictures of Georgie Parker (Roo) filming at Palm Beach yesterday"

SPOILER ALERT: Has she finally found her Summer Bay love? Georgie Parker gets cosy on-set with newcomer Tim Ross while filming Home And Away

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...Home-Away.html

She has been unlucky in love since debuting on Home And Away in 2010.

But now it seems Georgie Parker's on-screen character, Roo Stewart, may have finally found love.

While filming upcoming scenes for the TV soap on Wednesday, the 51-year-old actress was spotted holding hands with newcomer Tim Ross.

As they held each other's hands, Georgie smiled as she strolled by the beach with her rumoured on-screen love interest.

She dressed for the season in one of her signature loose-fitting dresses, which she teamed with sandals and a sun hat.

Tim's character also opted for a summery look with beige shorts, a white T-shirt and a pastel pink shirt.

This is the first time the Wonderland star has been pictured on the set of Home And Away and details about his character are yet to surface.

In the past, Georgie's character Roo has had several failed relationships.

Following her return to the Bay in 2010, she began dating Harvey Ryan - played by Marcus Graham.

After months of an on-again, off-again relationship, the pair finally married - before he left for a round-the-world sailing trip.

After some time, Marcus' on-screen pal returned to Summer Bay to tell Georgie's character he had lost Harvey, resulting to her holding a memorial ceremony in his honour.

But in a shock twist, he later returned to the Bay to divorce his wife before leaving the beachside suburb for good.

Later down the track, Georgie's long-time character attempts to marry her new boyfriend James Edmunds, played by Myles Pollard.

She later discovers he is already married with children, and has been lying to her all along. She then decided to break up with him.

The character Roo is the daughter of Home And Away legend Alf Stewart, played by Ray Meagher.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-10-2016)

That stuff with Harvey going missing for months was weird. As far as I can recall we never did find out why he returned so changed (or have I just forgotten it?).

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (13-10-2016), Splashy (13-10-2016)

I think it was to do with him being lost at sea, and not being able to settle back into life with roo.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-10-2016), Pantherboy (13-10-2016), Splashy (13-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    I think it was to do with him being lost at sea, and not being able to settle back into life with roo.
    He came back a completely different man, but I guess that kind of experience can do that to a person.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (13-10-2016)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Harvey started out being evil, then nice then strange. But then the show is well known to me at never completing some story lines.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-10-2016), Pantherboy (14-10-2016)

Didn't he end up being washed up on a deserted island for weeks before a fishing boat found him? (or something like that). And then like kaz21 says, he had difficulty adjusting back to life in SB, & sleeping inside etc & was reluctant to talk about it all. I also seem to recall that when Roo eventually sort of insisted that he talk to her about what had happened, he told her that he blamed her for convincing him to go on the boat, after what had happened to his young son (Ben?), who had drowned while on a fishing trip?
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 14-10-2016 at 07:11.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-10-2016), kaz21 (14-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    Harvey started out being evil, then nice then strange. But then the show is well known to me at never completing some story lines.
    A very good description! I really hated him when he first turned up in Summer Bay but later grew to like the character.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (14-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherboy View Post
    Didn't he end up being washed up on a deserted island for weeks before a fishing boat found him? (or something like that). And then like kaz21 says, he had difficulty adjusting back to life in SB, & sleeping inside etc & was reluctant to talk about it all. I also seem to recall that when Roo eventually sort of insisted that he talk to her about what had happened, he told her that he blamed her for convincing him to go on the boat, after what had happened to his young son (Ben?), who had drowned while on a fishing trip?
    I think you're right.

I found the storyline when Harvey returned from the dead very strange - perhaps because him refusing to talk about it seemed to go on forever, and the eventual explanation for his change of personality didn't quite ring true to me at the time.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (14-10-2016), Pantherboy (14-10-2016)

Home and Away is lining up a devastating ordeal for pregnant Roo Stewart when she collapses after being cruelly dumped by her partner James.

Aussie viewers know that Roo was stunned to discover she was expecting a baby in a recent story twist, but the shocks kept coming when James did a runner afterwards.

Unable to cope with the prospect of bringing up a child, James immediately took off – leaving a heartbroken Roo to pick up the pieces in the aftermath.

Roo will be dealt another hurtful blow in scenes to be aired in Australia next week when James gets back in touch with a bribe to keep her out of his life for good.

Alf and Roo enjoy some father and daughter time
    © CHANNEL 5

Roo and Alf are alarmed to get a visit from James's father David offering a cheque for $250,000 if she agrees never to contact David again.

Although Roo's first instinct is to send David on his way, her thoughts soon turn to the life she could give her unborn child if she accepts the money – and she later arranges to meet up with David again.

Just when it looks like Roo is going to accept the money after all, TV Week reports that she will have another change of heart and proudly rejects it.

But tragedy strikes on her way back to the Bay when she experiences severe abdominal pain and collapses in agony before she has a chance to call for help. Will Roo and her baby survive?

Digital Spy

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (08-05-2017), TaintedLove (09-05-2017)

Home and Away's Roo Stewart suffers a shock collapse later this month – but it's only the beginning of a life-changing week for her.

When Roo (Georgie Parker) prepares to move back into Summer Bay House, she's still enjoying the company of her toyboy lover James as he helps her to pack her things.

The day of hard graft only brings the pair even closer, but once Roo is on her own for a while, events take a worrying turn as she suddenly becomes overwhelmed with dizziness.

Unable to keep her balance, Roo frantically reaches for a chair, but doesn't make it and falls to the floor unconscious.

Roo Stewart is helped by James after collapsing in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

It's James (Tim Ross) who finds Roo in a worrying state and he helps her to wake up, while the newly-returned Morag also quickly has her say by suggesting that she could be going through menopause.

Morag's insinuations play on Roo's mind as she wonders about the future of her relationship with James, but she's relieved when he assures her that he never saw himself having kids anyway.

Roo Stewart is helped by James after collapsing in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

While James is saying all the right things, he may well regret his comment as test results from the doctor later reveal an entirely different reason for Roo's symptoms – she's pregnant! How will Roo and James react to their big news?

Home and Away airs these scenes on Wednesday, May 31 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (20-05-2017)

Thread Information