Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Georgia May Foote - Katy Armstrong Interview

That would upset chesney if she moved. They would have to show him going abroad to see him but corrie script writers will be unrealistic again.
    Maybe it will open up a new beginning for chesney and his partner. maybe they will have a baby after she gains the use of her legs and recovers.

Coronation Street star Georgia May Foote has revealed that show newcomer Linda Armstrong will ultimately win the support of her daughters over the next few weeks.

Linda, who is the mother of Foote's character Katy Armstrong, shocked her estranged family by making an unexpected appearance in Weatherfield in Monday night's double bill.

While Linda didn't get a warm welcome from the Armstrongs and Windasses, future episodes will see Katy become curious to find out exactly why her mum walked out when she was a baby.

Once it becomes clear that Owen has been lying to his daughters about the reasons for Linda's departure, the situation changes drastically as he finds himself in the firing line.

Appearing on ITV's This Morning with on-screen mum Jacqueline Leonard today (February 11), Foote commented: "Katy really wants to hear Linda's side of it. Obviously she's never met her, she's never had the opportunity. She's not got memories of her.

"We do have a chat. Izzy then finds out the truth and it just literally flips."

The storyline paves the way for Katy's departure from the cobbles as she decides to join Linda out in Portugal.

Discussing the storyline and her own future, Foote added: "She goes off to Portugal - she waves off goodbye. I'm very excited. I'm a bit sad - obviously I'm going to miss loads of people, the crew, the production team, my cast mates and all that, but I'm ready. It's been nearly five years now so it's a long stint to do there and I'm excited."

Jacqueline Leonard and Georgia May Foote on This Morning
    © Rex Features / Ken McKay/ITV
    Jacqueline Leonard and Georgia May Foote

Foote is celebrating her 24th birthday today and was presented with a cake and a bunch of flowers towards the end of her interview.

She said: "It's got my name on it and everything! Thank you, that's made my day. I'm so lucky!"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (11-02-2015), tammyy2j (11-02-2015)

Seems more realistic than some people who leave corrie... she knows its hard out there

Speculation in Daily Star Sunday that she might return as Chesney got stabbed and asked Daniel to get Katie's number so he could speak to Joseph..........

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (11-10-2017)

Coronation Street kills off Georgia May Foote’s character Katy Armstrong
    Coronation Street is to kill off Georgia May Foote’s character Katy Armstrong in an off screen death, leading to Chesney Brown heading out to Portugal in order to bring home his son Joseph.
    Previous spoilers had revealed that Izzy would get a call from her dad Owen with bad news that would lead to Chesney heading abroad – a move which sees Sinead Tinker view him in a new light and decide that he is the man for her.
    Owen is calling to inform Izzy that her sister has been killed in a terrible accident and this leads to Chesney bringing Joseph home. Pictures had already been released showing Chesney’s unease at seeing Daniel Osbourne spending time with Sinead and Joseph in scenes that will air in coming weeks.
    Georgia played Katy for five years before leaving in 2015. Her storylines included giving birth at Christmas to baby Joseph and an affair with Ryan Connor which divided her from Chesney.
    Coronation Street will air these scenes next week.

What a shame ... don't like characters being killed off off-screen

Those that leave with a child by a current character are always at greatest risk too Can't they be more imaginitive.

This is just heaping misery on Anna and Izzy also.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

parkerman (13-10-2017), Perdita (13-10-2017)

I think they think there is a shortage of brats on the street. I wish Chesney left the street and Sinaed. No point to these characters at all. By introducing his kid they are dragging it on.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Leo1977 (20-10-2017), parkerman (16-10-2017)

Thread Information