Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Georgia May Foote - Katy Armstrong Interview

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Is that a guess or have you heard something from somewhere?
    just guessing

Her leaving has to do with phelan's story that's for sure

I agree, and I like your guess about her being his killer

I agree, and I like your guess about her being his killer

Coronation Street star Georgia May Foote has discussed her impending exit from the show, adding that she will be filming her final scenes next February.

It was announced earlier this year that the actress will be leaving the soap, having played Katy Armstrong since 2010.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Foote said: "I have just found out that I am filming my final scenes in February.

"I'm not sure how I will be written out yet, but I have been told Katy won't be killed off. Mind you, the writers keep changing their mind, so who knows? I could end up being Rob's next victim.

"I think there is going to be a lot of family drama in the lead-up to my departure, so I am preparing myself for a busy few months."

Coronation Street's executive producer recently discussed Katy's exit with Digital Spy, adding that the decision to write her out of the show was storyline-led.

I think corrie wasted an opportunity with Katy, she could have been a good character. Now I just find her ever so dull

Georgia May Foote has joined modelling agency Select Model Management.

The 23-year-old star is best known for playing Katy Armstrong in the long-running soap opera Coronation Street, but will be leaving the show in the coming months.

Foote posted a photo of a Select Model Management studio on Saturday (October 4) on her Instagram account, along with the caption: "So happy to announce i have been signed by @selectmodelmgmt ! Amazing opportunities to come. I cant wait to work with everyone at Select!!"

Select Model Management represents many of the top models in the industry, including Agyness Deyn, Brooklyn Decker, Devon Aoki and Amanda Hendrick.

Foote's previous work outside of Coronation Street has included playing Alison Simmons in Grange Hill, and having guest roles in Emmerdale and Doctors.

Coronation Street star Georgia May Foote has teased that her character Katy Armstrong could be heading for heartbreak as she embarks on a fling with Callum Logan.

Katy will start to fall for Callum (Sean Ward) after they clash next week when she spots him chatting to his young son Max.

Despite warnings from David and other street residents, Katy continues to be taken in by Callum's charms, unaware that he is using her for his own personal gain.

Speaking about whether Katy is heading for trouble, Foote said: "Yes, definitely. Especially as her family will learn of Callum's reputation and won't want her going near him. Her dad really doesn't agree with her seeing him.

"It's always going to end in tears because Callum's main motive isn't because he likes Katy and wants to be with her, but because she's a hook for him to bring him back to the Street to be near to Max and to wind David up.

"I think she knows deep down that he's not the type to settle down with."

Foote also revealed that Katy will continue to ignore warnings from her loved ones as she grows closer to Callum, admitting that her alter ego is drawn to his dark side.

She said: "Katy's attitude is very much careless - she just thinks, 'I don't care what you're all saying because I'm going to do it anyway'.

"Katy just doesn't rise to it and she tries to ignore it all. She tells herself that as long as she thinks he's okay, then that's all that matters.

"I think Katy likes a bad boy anyway so she's definitely drawn to him and his edgy ways. That's why she was attracted to Ryan! Deep down though I think she must know that Callum's only hanging around to get at David."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (27-01-2015)

You would think after Ryan, she would stay far away from anyone involved with drugs

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    You would think after Ryan, she would stay far away from anyone involved with drugs
    maybe she will OD? thats her exit

Thread Information