Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia May Foote - Katy Armstrong Interview

I suppose the person playing maria connor is on 100k too. Paula lane should get a lot more than these characters.

Coronation Street actress Georgia May Foote has denied reports that she has signed a new one-year contract with the ITV soap.

It was claimed that the 22-year-old would continue her role as Katy Armstrong until at least early 2015 with a big salary increase.

However, Foote has taken to Twitter to deny signing a year-long contract, said to be worth £100,000.

"Ive signed a new year have i? Oooh well i dont remember that? Its not due for another 3 months? X," the actress wrote.

Co-star Paula Lane, who stars as Kylie Platt, was allegedly offered the same pay rise after she agreed to stay on Coronation Street for another 12 months.

Lane took to Twitter last month to confirm that she had signed a new contract.

Georgia May Foote has stated that she will stay on Coronation Street until she is no longer needed.

The actress, who first appeared as Katy Armstrong in the ITV soap in July 2010, told the Daily Star Sunday that she is happy to continue after her current contract runs out, but added that at some point she would like to take on new projects.

"I'm happy to stay for as long as they will have me," Foote said. "I saw our boss Stuart Blackburn the other day, and we've been talking about storylines that are going on after my contract expires. So it looks like I'll be around for a bit longer.

"I've been working since I was 9, and I know what it's like out there, but I do still have the urge to go off and try different things in the future.

"I can't believe how quickly the past four years have gone now and how much stuff Katy has been through."

Foote also discussed her new romance storyline, in which Katy will be involved with newcomer Dean Fagan's character Luke.

"I've been told Katy will start seeing Luke, and we've just filmed some scenes where she goes for a job as a receptionist at the new gym," she explained.

"I haven't yet filmed anything with [Fagan]. But I've been joking that I might have to stand on something for our kissing scenes as he's so tall."

Fagan previously told Digital Spy about the storyline in his first exclusive interview since joining Coronation Street.

"Hopefully that can develop into something serious," he said. "I haven't filmed too much with Georgia yet, but we've had chats in the green room and she's a really lovely girl.

"I'm really looking forward to working more with her."

Coronation Street star Georgia May Foote is to exit the ITV soap.

The actress - who has appeared as Katy Armstrong since 2010 - will leave Weatherfield at the end of the year.

Producer Stuart Blackburn confirmed that the character will not be killed off, suggesting that Foote could return to the soap in the future.

He said: "Georgia is a talented actress who has been a great asset to the show. The decision to write out the character of Katy Armstrong is based on storyline discussions and will be one of the consequences of the current drama involving the Windass/Armstrong clan.

"Katy will not be killed off and the door will be left open for a possible return. We wish Georgia every success with her future career."

Foote added: "I have had an amazing four years on Coronation Street. I have had some fantastic storylines and worked with some wonderful actors."

Looking to the future, the 23-year-old said that she is looking forward to filming her exit scenes and is keen to try out new roles.

She said: "I am very excited about what the future holds. Whilst I will be sorry to say goodbye to Weatherfield, I am looking forward to the challenge of new roles.

"Having worked on other dramas such as Grange Hill and This Is England before I joined the cast, I always knew that I would want to try other roles again in the future.

"I am hugely grateful for the opportunities Coronation Street has given me and I am very excited about my exit storyline."

Last month, Foote said that she would stay on the long-running soap "for as long as they will have [her]" and seemed optimistic about her future on Coronation Street.

She said: "I saw our boss Stuart Blackburn the other day, and we've been talking about storylines that are going on after my contract expires. So it looks like I'll be around for a bit longer."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (28-04-2014)

she kills phelan and goes on the run

Is that a guess or have you heard something from somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    I like that storyline, if it is one ....

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    I like that storyline, if it is one ....

what happens to joseph then? must get left behind with chesney.

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Is that a guess or have you heard something from somewhere?
    just guessing

Thread Information