EMI Classics have announced plans for an official soundtrack to Fifty Shades of Grey.

The classical pieces on the album have been collected as an accompaniment to EL James's erotic novel series.

Fifty Shades of Grey - The Classical Album will be released digitally on August 21, followed by a physical release on September 18.

The label credits the books for the recent rise in classical music sales, with Thomas Tallis's 16th century 'Spem in Alium' having topped the UK classical charts after it was referenced in Fifty Shades of Grey.

EL James said: "I am thrilled that the classical pieces that inspired me while I wrote the Fifty Shades trilogy are being brought together in one collection for all lovers of the books to enjoy."

Pieces by Chopin, Bach, Debussy and Vaughan Williams are also among the album's tracklisting.

Fifty Shades of Grey has become the best-selling novel of all time in the UK.

Fifty Shades of Grey - The Classical Album's tracklist is as follows:

1. Lakmé (Act I): Flower Duet (Mady Mesplé, Danielle Millet)
2. Bach: Adagio from Concerto #3 BWV 974 (Alexandre Tharaud)
3. Villa-Lobos: Bachianas Brasilerias #5 - Cantilena (Barbara Hendricks)
4. Verdi: La Traviata Prelude (Riccardo Muti / Philharmonia Orchestra)
5. Pachelbel: Canon in D (Sir Neville Marriner/ Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields)
6. Tallis: Spem in Alium (The Tallis Scholars)
7. Chopin: Prelude #4 in E minor, Largo (Samson François)
8. Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto #2 - Adagio Sostenuto (Cecile Ousset, Sir Simon Rattle / CBSO)
9. Vaughan Williams: Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis (Sir Adrian Boult / LPO)
10. Canteloube: Chants d'auvergne, Bailero (Arleen Auger)
11. Chopin: Nocturne #1 in B-flat minor (Samson François)
12. Faure: Requiem - In Paradisum (Choir of King's College, Cambridge / Stephen Cleobury)
13. Bach: Goldberg Variation - Aria (Maria Tipo)
14. Debussy: La Fille Aux Cheveux de Lin (Moura Lympany)
15. Bach: Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring (Alexis Weissenberg)