Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia Toadie's cousin (Saskia Hampele)

Exclamation Georgia Brooks

Georgia Brooks will be embroiled in a drugs scandal in a forthcoming storyline.

Georgia, played by Saskia Hampele, finds herself under suspicion when pills go missing from a medical cabinet at the Erinsborough Hospital.

Although the bubbly blonde isn't responsible, she becomes the top suspect in the mystery as she has gone off the rails following an emotional split from fiancé Scotty Boland (Rhys Uhlich), Australian magazine Soap World reports.

Prior to the drugs going missing, Georgia makes an appointment with Karl Kennedy (Alan Fletcher) and begs him to give her a stronger dose of sleeping pills as she is struggling to rest at night.

Concerned over Georgia's erratic behaviour, Karl instead instructs her to take some time off from work until she pulls herself together.

Unfortunately, Georgia then starts heading down an even darker path, as new love interest Pete Clark tempts her with party drugs when they hit the town together.

Toadie Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney) and Sonya Mitchell (Eve Morey) are later shocked when they find drugs in Georgia's handbag.

When the couple urge Georgia to get her life back on track, she tries her best to take their advice. However, the discovery that drugs are missing at the hospital soon makes matters much worse.

As Georgia is responsible for the drugs cabinet and has been behaving so strangely recently, it doesn't take long for people to suspect that she may be responsible.

Georgia eventually realises that Pete could be the true thief as she left him alone with the keys to the cabinet when she treated him a few weeks earlier.

However, with no proof to back up her claims and her other recent bad habits coming under scrutiny, it's clear that Georgia will face a tough battle to clear her name.

Neighbours airs these scenes later this month on Eleven in Australia and late May on Channel 5 in the UK.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

annemarie54 (14-04-2013), yeschef77 (08-04-2013)

Neighbours nurse Georgia Brooks receives a huge shock on UK screens later this week as she finally discovers the truth about her fiancé Scotty Boland.

The bubbly blonde is currently in the dark over Scotty's attempts to make a move on Chris Pappas. However, when Georgia and Scotty (Rhys Uhlich) make plans to elope, Kyle Canning steps in to reveal the truth about what's been going on.

Reeling over Scotty's sexuality, Georgia is sent on a downward spiral which affects her personal life and her future at the Erinsborough Hospital.

What was the Georgia and Scotty storyline like to film?
    "It was really fun and also interesting because of the situation. While there was a humorous element when Chris was trying to convince Kyle about Scotty, it's also very serious for both of them. The outcome is going to change their relationship forever, obviously. I also really enjoyed working with Rhys Uhlich - he was great to work with."

How does Georgia feel when she finds out the truth about Scotty?
    "Shattered. This was her first serious relationship and she had her future planned out - courtship, engagement, marriage, babies, the whole shebang!"

Scotty admits the truth to Georgia in a letter before doing a disappearing act. Is it frustrating for her that she doesn't get a proper chance to confront him?
    "Definitely, because the letter doesn't provide a lot of the information which she needs to be able to digest this unexpected situation. She's left feeling she wasn't good enough or 'woman' enough for him.

"Afterwards, Georgia does a lot of stuff which is so out of character for her because she is heartbroken as well as incredibly angry."

How did you feel about exploring a different side to Georgia, which we'll see when she starts experimenting with party drugs?
    "I loved it. Even the most positive people - and Georgia is certainly one of those - have their down times. It was great to explore another layer to her character."

Georgia is also left fighting to save her career when she's wrongly accused of stealing drugs from the hospital. Would you like her to get her job back, or do you want to explore a new avenue for her?
    "It's going to be extremely difficult for her to get her job back, because it appears initially that she has broken every rule in the book.

"However, I think she has only touched the surface as a nurse and hospital settings provide some of the most interesting storylines, so I would definitely like to see her remain as a nurse."

Is there a danger we could lose Georgia's bubbly nature for good with this storyline?
    "Well, there are certainly more tears and angst, but underneath all the drama, you still see glimpses of the old Georgia. I would hate her to change completely."

The online fans are aware that Scotty returns for a little bit at a later date. What kind of a dynamic can we expect when that happens?
    "Finally closure!"

Do you think Kyle is going to be Georgia's best match moving forward?
    "Well, I think there are definitely similarities in their outlook on life and in their own way, they are both a little kooky. I like that about them."

How well have you settled into Neighbours, and how do you feel about the recent changes at the show?
    "I've been here for a while now so I feel really at home - I'm loving it. There will always be changes on a long running soap, it's a normal aspect of this genre of drama. I'm loving the storylines and the entire cast is great to work with, plus we have the new sets to work in now, so it's very exciting times on Ramsay Street."

Can you give us any final hints on what you're filming at the moment?
    "Well, not all goes well in Georgia's love life - again! And she has to make a big decision which will mean leaving someone behind."

Also ahead on Neighbours, Georgia Brooks can finally focus on her relationship with Kyle Canning after her career crisis comes to an end.

With a little help from Kyle, Georgia (Saskia Hampele) figures out who was responsible for stealing drugs from the hospital and manages to clear her own name.

Relieved to be given her nursing job back, Georgia turns her attentions to Kyle (Christopher Milligan) and they sleep together for the first time.

© Channel 5
    Georgia and Kyle admit their feelings.

© Channel 5
    Georgia and Kyle kiss.

Unfortunately, Georgia remains insecure in the relationship due to her past heartbreak over Scotty. Given a chance to apply for a medical course which would take her overseas, will Georgia seize this opportunity to run away from her problems?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Friday, June 7 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-05-2013), lyndapym (25-05-2013), tammyy2j (27-05-2013)

I like her with Kyle

Neighbours star Saskia Hampele has said that she thinks Kate Ramsay and Kyle Canning's behaviour has been unforgivable.

Hampele's character Georgia Brooks is currently unaware of her boyfriend Kyle's one-night stand with her best friend Kate.

However, the actress believes it is their actions since the shocking betrayal that will be the hardest for Georgia to forgive.

Speaking in a Q&A session with fellow co-star Alan Fletcher (Karl Kennedy), Hampele said: "I think she's going to be devastated.

"I haven't read the scripts so I don't know if or when it will be revealed. But I think it is going to be a huge knock for Georgia.

"I get asked about this a lot and I think it has become more about the deception now. Them being together was bad enough, but then dragging out the deception is just unforgivable

'Neighbours' Saskia Hampele: 'Georgia is devastated over Kate, Kyle'

Friendships and relationships look set to be destroyed forever on Neighbours when Georgia Brooks finally learns of her boyfriend Kyle Canning's secret one-night stand with her best friend Kate Ramsay.

In must-see scenes due to air in Australia this week and in the UK next month, Georgia discovers the truth after her scheming cousin Gemma Reeves gets wind of the secret and decides to expose it at her engagement party.

Digital Spy this week caught up with Saskia Hampele, who plays Georgia, to hear how her character will cope with the shocking revelation.

With the big reveal coming up, did you enjoy filming such a big moment in the story?
    "I did! It was probably the most challenging storyline that I'd done up until that point, so it was really exciting to tackle something with such heavy emotion invested in it. It's been such a big storyline for all of those characters."

Will the big moment be worth the wait?
    "Absolutely! I've been itching for this storyline to be screened because we all worked really hard to make it as dramatic as we could. It's been such a well-kept secret for many, many months, so we've all been really excited for it all to come out and for everyone to see what happens when everyone learns the truth."

How does Georgia react when the truth comes out?
    "She's so devastated. It comes at a point where she's ready to tie the knot with Kyle, so everything comes crashing down when the truth is revealed. Kate and Kyle are two people who Georgia is so close to. She's trusted them with everything, so it's shocking to learn that they've been lying to her.

"Georgia doesn't know the full story or give them a chance to explain. She doesn't know if they're still together, whether they're still in love with each other or what the full story is. She's so hurt that they would keep it from her and it really rocks the foundations of everything she believed."

Who is she more angry with - Kyle or Kate?
    "She's pretty equally angry at them both, for slightly different reasons. They both assume equal responsibility in the situation, and Georgia cuts them both out after she finds out. She decides that she doesn't want anything to do with either of them."

Would you like there to be some hope left for Georgia and Kyle's future?
    "Well, in that sense I wasn't so excited about the truth coming out, because I knew that it would end a lot of the fun on-screen friendships that I had. I knew that we wouldn't be doing any more fun, beautiful scenes where Georgia, Kyle and Kate were all happy and enjoying life! I was personally a bit upset about that!

"But I think I've changed teams, in a way. I always thought that Kyle and Georgia should stay together forever, but I felt a bit differently once it came out and I saw what happens in the aftermath.

"I honestly don't know what will happen to Kyle and Georgia or what I want for them. I do think that Georgia deserves a partner who she can really trust and who gives her the same respect that she gives to other people, so who knows?"

Georgia and Kyle weren't together when he slept with Kate, so will Kyle use that in his defence?
    "To be honest, Georgia doesn't really give Kyle a chance to defend himself that much. Kyle does explain that they were 'on a break', but Georgia's anger isn't so much to do with him and Kate being together - it's more to do with the deception that came afterwards. If they'd just been honest with her from the beginning, there would have been a very different outcome, but it's really the deception that breaks Georgia's heart."

Ashleigh Brewer, who plays Kate, announced last week that she'll be leaving Neighbours. Will you be sad to see her go?
    "I'll be really sad to see Ash leave. We get along so well and she's my number one buddy in the green room! We've worked together so much, so it's going to be very different without having her there."

Georgia's cousin Gem is causing a lot of trouble at the moment…
    "Isn't she great? I loved exploring that, because I felt that the introduction of Gem really gave me a different dynamic to play with. Gem is such a unique character and Kathryn Beck, who plays her, was such a talented actress to work with. We really invested a lot in creating that relationship and making sure that there were some really strong ties between the two characters. It was really fun working on that.

"Georgia really isn't aware of the manipulation and nasty stuff that Gem is up to. When I first found out about that storyline arc, I was a bit nervous about Georgia being so oblivious to it, because obviously if someone's causing that amount of trouble, you would instinctively know that something's not right.

"But Kathryn's portrayal really helped with that, because in all of our scenes together, all Georgia saw was a really authentic and genuine person who really cared about her."

We've also recently seen Georgia's music storyline. Is singing something that you'd like to pursue yourself?
    "The whole singing storyline was something that I found quite challenging. It wasn't something that I initiated or pushed, but the producers got such positive feedback that they really wanted to continue showing Georgia's singing.

"It was definitely fun to have the experience of recording the single 'Letting You Know', which is Georgia's song to Kyle. I've had such amazing feedback - every day I get tweets from people who have bought the single and have it on repeat! I feel really grateful that people have connected to the song in that way.

"But obviously that storyline does die down with all of the drama that's about to start! I do love writing and making music, but there's definitely no concrete plans to go off and do anything at this stage."

Are you hoping to stick around on Neighbours for the foreseeable future?
    "Definitely. I'll definitely be around for a bit longer, but you never know what happens in the world of Neighbours! At this stage, I'm really happy to stick around. It'll be really different next year with Ash not around, so it'll be interesting to see what they have in store for Georgia and the age group that we're in."

Do you know what's coming up in the long-term?
    "We've only been briefed on storylines until the end of the year, so I actually have no idea what's happening next year! It's as much of a mystery to me as it is to you guys. We often catch up for cast dinners where they'll give us a forecast of what's in store for the next few months. That happened a few months ago and now we're coming to the end of what they told us as we're winding down for the end of the year. It'll be interesting to find out what the writers have in store next!"

'Neighbours': Saskia Hampele on Scott McGregor, Rebecchi scenes, more

Yesterday we brought you all the gossip on Neighbours' upcoming Kyle and Kate reveal from Saskia Hampele, who plays the soon-to-be-heartbroken Georgia Brooks.

If you missed the main chat yesterday, you can find our main interview piece with Saskia here to find out how Georgia reacts to the truth about her boyfriend and best friend.

Below, we present some new and extra bonus snippets from Saskia, including her answers to reader questions which were submitted to us on our @soapscoop Twitter account.

Have you had any scenes with Scott McGregor (Mark Brennan) since he came back to set?
    "No, I haven't! I feel like I'm missing out here! (Laughs.) We do have a couple of scenes in the next filming block that we're doing, but unfortunately our characters don't have too much to do with each other, especially because Georgia is not really friends with Kate anymore!"

We know Neighbours has another production break coming up soon for Christmas. Do you have any plans for the holidays?
    "I'm from Perth in western Australia, so I'm going to go home for Christmas, which I'm really excited about. I haven't been home for Christmas in five years, so I'm really looking forward to hanging out with my family. Then after the New Year, I'm going to go to Fiji for a couple of weeks and lie on a beach! I'm really excited."

We asked for questions on Twitter and a fan called Rachael wanted to know what is the best thing about working with Chris Milligan (Kyle), and also what is the best thing about working on Neighbours?
    "The best thing about working with Chris Milligan is making fun of his bogan accent! We always have a lot of fun in the green room reading Kyle's lines in a really thick accent!

"The best thing about working on Neighbours is getting to be part of such an iconic show that has such a wide following. I feel very grateful to work on a show that has such a wide variety of fans in so many different countries. It's also great to work on a show where everyone's so friendly. The cast and crew are like a big family, so going into work every day is very enjoyable."

A couple of people also wanted to know whether you were a fan of Neighbours before you joined…
    "I think pretty much every teenager in Australia watches Neighbours at some stage. My main memories are of watching it when the Scullys first came in. I remember thinking that Steph, Flick and Michelle were really cool and beautiful. I really enjoyed watching that family and their time on the show."

We've also been asked to find out whether Georgia will have more scenes with her cousin Toadie and with Sonya in the next few months!
    "Yes, she will! I actually requested that a while back, because there was a point where I had no scenes with them and Ryan Moloney who plays Toadie thought that I'd actually moved out of their house! I went to the producers and asked for more scenes with my family, so there'll be heaps more with Toadie, Sonya and Georgia coming up soon…"

Neighbours nurse Georgia Brooks will find herself in a life-or-death situation as her current storyline with unstable Gemma Reeves comes to a head.

Georgia will be left in jeopardy after Gem (Kathryn Beck) finally reveals her true colours in Australia's season finale episode at the end of the year. UK fans will see the drama unfold in early January.

Once Georgia knows the truth about Kate Ramsay and Kyle Canning's one-night stand, she struggles to cope with the betrayal and agrees to leave Erinsborough with Gem for a while.

Holed up in a secluded cottage with Gem, a heartbroken Georgia hopes for some peace and quiet with her relative. However, she soon has another crisis to deal with as it becomes apparent that all is not right with Gem.

Saskia Hampele, who plays Georgia, told Digital Spy: "Once the truth is out, Gem tells Georgia that they should both escape and get out of Erinsborough, because why should Georgia be around negative people?

"At first, Georgia really tries to be strong and just get on with her life. Even though she's incredibly hurt, she tries to focus on what she does have and leave Kate and Kyle behind.

"But later, there's a moment where Georgia starts to suspect that Kate and Kyle are together and are rubbing their relationship in her face. She makes a really impulsive decision to get away for a while from all of the people who hurt her."

Kathryn Beck plays Gemma Reeves.
    © Channel 5
    Kathryn Beck plays Gemma Reeves.

Viewers will later see a scuffle go badly wrong as Gem tries to stop Georgia from leaving the cottage.

Hampele added: "Georgia and Gem go off to the country to get away for a while. That's when the cracks in Gem's character really start to appear. It becomes clear that there's something not quite right about her and we see that her mental health is deteriorating, as there's some concerning behaviour showing up.

"There's some really full-on stuff that happens when they're away, and it will leave Georgia fighting for her life."

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

ana4eva (29-11-2013), scuzziemoo (26-11-2013), TaintedLove (25-11-2013), tammyy2j (24-11-2013)

Neighbours nurse Georgia Brooks will discover that she is pregnant with Kyle Canning's baby in an upcoming storyline.

The pregnancy will come as a huge shock to Georgia (Saskia Hampele) who is still reeling following her discovery that Kyle (Chris Milligan) had a one-night stand with her best friend Kate Ramsay earlier in the year.

However, the latest twist in the storyline will leave viewers wondering how Georgia will break the news to Kyle and what the future holds for them.

Georgia's discovery comes after a turbulent few weeks which also saw her life left in serious danger after escaping Ramsay Street with cousin Gem.

Neighbours fans will see Georgia discover she is pregnant next month.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2npFiX2u8

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

georgew (21-12-2013), lizann (20-12-2013), tammyy2j (18-12-2013)

I do like her with Kyle

Thread Information