Thread: Xavier Austin

Xavier Austin

He is suppose to be leaving anyone know more?

Home and Away star David Jones-Roberts has thanked fans for their support following the departure of his character Xavier Austin.

Xavier said goodbye to Summer Bay in the latest episode to air on Network Seven in Australia. He bowed out after deciding that he wanted to separate work and his personal life by moving to Goulburn permanently.

Writing on Twitter after the episode aired, Jones-Roberts commented:" Just wanted to say thanks to all my fans out there for your continued support throughout the years. Truly wouldn't be where I am without you guys."

The 22-year-old then changed his Twitter profile to read: "I'm an Australian actor. Worked on Home and Away, played Xavier Austin. Just waiting on my next gig…"

Jones-Roberts also joked about former co-star Charles Cottier's character, commenting: "Dex has no friends now."

Xavier joined Home and Away in 2008. His exit episode will air on Channel 5 in the UK on Tuesday, July 24.
    Last edited by Perdita; 03-07-2012 at 14:50.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (03-07-2012)

David Jones-Roberts has opened up about his reasons for leaving Home and Away.

The fledgling actor, who played Xavier Austin, recently made his on-screen Summer Bay exit in an episode airing in Australia.

Explaining his departure, Roberts told TV Week: "It's a long stint on the show and it feels like I've done my apprenticeship."

The star, who is relocating to Los Angeles, also revealed that he hopes to launch a successful movie career.

"I want to go forward with my career and it felt like the right time to do that.

"Over here, it's completely different because you're starting from scratch again because no-one knows who you are.

"Film is definitely the goal. I want to be up there with the best and working with the best."

Last week, the 22-year-old thanked fans on Twitter for their support during his time on Home and Away.

David Jones-Roberts has opened up about his reasons for leaving Home and Away.

The fledgling actor, who played Xavier Austin, recently made his on-screen Summer Bay exit in an episode airing in Australia.

Explaining his departure, Roberts told TV Week: "It's a long stint on the show and it feels like I've done my apprenticeship."

The star, who is relocating to Los Angeles, also revealed that he hopes to launch a successful movie career.

"I want to go forward with my career and it felt like the right time to do that.

"Over here, it's completely different because you're starting from scratch again because no-one knows who you are.

"Film is definitely the goal. I want to be up there with the best and working with the best."

Last week, the 22-year-old thanked fans on Twitter for their support during his time on Home and Away.

He looks younger than 22

I cant believe hes finally left, I never really liked his character anyway

I cant see him doing well in America

I cant believe hes finally left, I never really liked his character anyway

I cant see him doing well in America

Thread Information