Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Broadchurch

I'm enjoying the series so far but it does feel different. I quite like the fact that the first murder isn't done and dusted yet as most TV murder investigations usually finish when the murderer is caught.

BIG disappointment so far. The courtroom scenes seem to have been written by a 12 year old with no idea of legal process, and the rest of it seems like a lot of people you couldn't give a toss about running around aimlessly and shouting at each other. Watched the 3rd episode of this, followed by Silent Witness, and Silent Witness wiped the floor with Broadchurch. The writers seem to have lost the plot - we can only hope they find it again while there are still people watching.

Last edited by Perdita; 21-01-2015 at 15:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Brucie View Post
    BIG disappointment so far. The courtroom scenes seem to have been written by a 12 year old with no idea of legal process, and the rest of it seems like a lot of people you couldn't give a toss about running around aimlessly and shouting at each other. Watched the 3rd episode of this, followed by Silent Witness, and Silent Witness wiped the floor with Broadchurch. The writers seem to have lost the plot - we can only hope they find it again while there are still people watching.
    I thought I must have been the only one thinking that ... very disappointed with Broadchurch this time

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I thought I must have been the only one thinking that ... very disappointed with Broadchurch this time
    I felt the first series was overhyped anyway. It was good, but I didn't get the adulation for it. I'm still enjoying this series although I do agree it's far fetched. Would any senior detective keep a witness/suspect to a murder unofficially secreted away for months on end? How can he afford to keep her for starters?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (21-01-2015), sarah c (27-01-2015)

David Tennant and Olivia Colman are to return for a third series of hit drama Broadchurch, ITV has confirmed.

The show's second season, which revolves around two separate murder cases linked by Tennant's character Detective Inspector Alec Hardy, reached its finale last night.

An average audience of 7.8 million watched the broadcast on ITV.

Writer and Chris Chibnall said he was "overwhelmed" that so many people had stuck with the many "twists and turns".

"This third chapter has been a glint in my eye for a long time and I'm thrilled to be writing these characters once again," said Chibnall.

ITV has not yet confirmed when Tennant and Colman, who plays DS Ellie Miller, will start filming the third series.

"Chris Chibnall knows exactly how to keep viewers guessing and I'm delighted that he is going to take the story on to the next stage," said ITV's director of drama Steve November.

Around nine million people have watched both series of the drama, however ratings did suffer a slight drop between the two.

Good news! Broadchurch is filming soon!
    “We are filming it in May,” star Olivia Colman tells Graham Norton in tonight’s show.

So when will we be seeing it?
    “I don’t know when it goes out – ages after.”
    Oh.
    Still at least we’ll be seeing Colman soon in BBC's The Night Manager (“I was so big there was no hiding it. I was waddling too and at one point the director said, ‘Could you walk less pregnant?’”) and we can keep rewatching David Tennant in Marvel’s Jessica Jones.

Radio Times
    Last edited by Perdita; 22-01-2016 at 13:28.

Lenny Henry is joining the cast of Broadchurch, it has been announced.

The actor will appear in the third and final series of the award-winning ITV crime drama, which started shooting today.

Details of the 57-year-old’s role have not been revealed.

David Tennant and Olivia Colman will reprise their roles as DI Alec Hardy and DS Ellie Miller, with Jodie Whittaker and Andrew Buchan returning to play Beth and Mark Latimer.

Arthur Darvill returns as local vicar Paul Coates while Carolyn Pickles will be back as newspaper editor Maggie Radcliffe.

Roy Hudd, Julie Hesmondhalgh, Georgina Campbell, Sarah Parish, Charlie Higson and Mark Bazeley will also join the cast for the eight-part series.

The new series will herald a brand new case for Miller and Hardy, with the detectives reuniting to investigate a serious sexual assault.

Creator Chris Chibnall said: “This is the final chapter of Broadchurch. We have one last story to tell, featuring both familiar faces and new characters.

“I hope it’s a compelling and emotional farewell to a world and show that means so much to me.”

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-05-2016)

Lenny Henry is joining the cast of Broadchurch, it has been announced.

The actor will appear in the third and final series of the award-winning ITV crime drama, which started shooting today.

Details of the 57-year-old’s role have not been revealed.

David Tennant and Olivia Colman will reprise their roles as DI Alec Hardy and DS Ellie Miller, with Jodie Whittaker and Andrew Buchan returning to play Beth and Mark Latimer.

Arthur Darvill returns as local vicar Paul Coates while Carolyn Pickles will be back as newspaper editor Maggie Radcliffe.

Roy Hudd, Julie Hesmondhalgh, Georgina Campbell, Sarah Parish, Charlie Higson and Mark Bazeley will also join the cast for the eight-part series.

The new series will herald a brand new case for Miller and Hardy, with the detectives reuniting to investigate a serious sexual assault.

Creator Chris Chibnall said: “This is the final chapter of Broadchurch. We have one last story to tell, featuring both familiar faces and new characters.

“I hope it’s a compelling and emotional farewell to a world and show that means so much to me.”

Casualty and Strictly Come Dancing star Sunetra Sarker has signed up for the third and final series

Thread Information