Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Braxton and another new arrival

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Tamara suits neither imo she is an awful character
    That's you're opinion but others would disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Tamara suits neither imo she is an awful character

Last edited by tammyy2j; 14-07-2013 at 23:00.

Quote Originally Posted by me12345 View Post
    True

I don't like Tamara she has annoyed me from the start and even more so now with her amnesia

Home and Away star Nic Westaway has said that being on the soap hasn't changed him.

Westaway has played Summer Bay's Kyle Braxton since joining the Australian show last year.

Speaking to The West Australian, the actor said: "I guess I treat people a little bit differently sometimes if I know they recognise me from the show.

"I kind of have, not my guard up, but some level of awareness of what that does. I don't think it will ever change me as a person.

"The way I look at it, the hype isn't really about me - it's about the show being such a popular and powerful entity."

Westaway also admits that after a year on the show, he now feels he is a fully-fledged member of the cast and can offer advice to newcomers.

"So many people come and go through the show with guest roles and all of that," he says.

"Now that I have been on the show for a year, I feel confident enough to advise new people coming through and tell them how the show operates and runs."

Australian viewers will soon see Westaway's character Kyle at the centre of drama once again when he takes his brothers to his hometown of Melbourne for a wild bucks' night to celebrate Heath's (Dan Ewing) upcoming wedding to Bianca.

Home and Away's Kyle Braxton will be left with a tough decision to make when he is given an opportunity to leave Summer Bay.

Kyle is left stunned when his former girlfriend Phoebe arrives unexpectedly and asks him to move back to Melbourne with him.

Phoebe believes that the other Braxton brothers are a bad influence on Kyle and wants him to make a new life with her away from them.

Nic Westaway, who plays Kyle, said to TV Week: "Kyle really cares about Phoebe. She thinks the Braxtons are the reason Kyle has more of a dark side.

"Phoebe thinks if she gets Kyle away from his family, then she will get the 'old' Kyle back.

"He would love nothing more than to go with her. But he hasn't quite found what he's looking for with the boys yet."

Home and Away: Nic Westaway on Kyle, Phoebe and Braxton revelations

Home and Away's Kyle Braxton has another interesting year ahead as he reconnects with his ex-girlfriend Phoebe Nicholson and deals with more dramas involving his brothers.

Nic Westaway, who plays Kyle, recently chatted to Digital Spy about future plans for his character and the rest of the Braxton family.

Home and Away has promised that 2014 will be another big year for the Braxtons. What can we expect?
    "The storylines coming up are a lot to do with the Braxtons' backstory. A lot of information is going to come out about their connection with the Barretts, Brax's history and all that sort of stuff. Those characters are still lurking around the Bay, so you'll find out much more about the connection between the two families and how far that history goes back.

"Because Kyle is solidified in the family now, he might have to try to help out when these things are thrown their way."

What about Kyle himself?
    "Kyle will have complications of his own, especially with his old girlfriend Phoebe now that she's arrived in the Bay. He has to negotiate that situation, and if Phoebe wants to stick around, how will she feel about the other brothers?

"These are the family that Kyle left Phoebe behind in Melbourne for, so that'll be causing some friction as well. Just when you thought that Kyle was comfortable in this family environment, his old flame may not be so comfortable with it."

Will we see a different side to Kyle now that Phoebe is on the scene?
    "Yes, I think Phoebe coming to the Bay is very exciting for Kyle because they do share such a strong connection. At the same time, it does scare him because he has to really look at himself and how he's changed since he knew Phoebe. Kyle has been through a lot since he was in Melbourne, and Phoebe starts to point out a lot of things about him that have changed.

"Kyle really has to question who he has become and who he wants to be, so he's going to get a bit introspective for a while and figure out what he wants to do."

Phoebe arrives in the Bay.
    © Channel 5
    Phoebe recently returned to Kyle's life

The Braxtons will be heading to London this year, but Kyle stays behind in the Bay! Were you sad not to be involved in the UK storyline?
    "Yes! I was just as upset outside the show as I'm going to be in it! (Laughs.) Kyle is quite upset that he doesn't get to go with his brothers, but it's okay as I did get to go to Adelaide when I first joined the show. I've also done filming in Melbourne and Nelson Bay in Port Stephens.

"You can't get them all, and I completely understand why the story went that way. From the footage I've seen, the London episodes are looking amazing and I think I'm going to be really proud of what the cast accomplished."

Is there a particular reason for why Kyle doesn't go?
    "Kyle isn't directly involved in the reason that the other brothers go to London. Also, the Braxton empire needs to keep running, so Kyle basically stays behind to make sure that Angelo's isn't in trouble and to look after the house and everything else. Kyle is a little bit upset, but at the same time, I think there is a small part of him that feels proud that Brax trusts him enough to leave him in charge."

You've been on our screens for well over a year now. Are you still enjoying Home and Away as much as when you first started?
    "Absolutely. I've enjoyed every storyline that Kyle has been involved in so far. I'm loving the rollercoaster ride of playing him and I'm hoping that I'll be staying around for a while yet!"

We saw Kyle start off as a bad boy but he's developed over time. Would you say the viewer reaction to him has also changed?
    "I think it was lucky that Kyle was involved with a family like the Braxtons, because the audience had learned to love those characters even though they were bad boys themselves. When Kyle came in and was quite evil, he didn't get a lot of respect to start with, but I think there was a small part of the audience that could see he was a Braxton and that was one of those traits.

"That actually helped when Kyle started to redeem himself. The audience could get on board and say, 'Oh yeah, Braxtons are quite tough and quite bad, but they are capable of changing. Deep down they are good blokes'."

What was it like to be the final Braxton to join the show? Was it easy to fit in with the others?
    "The boys have been great. From day one, I just felt a part of the family, which was amazing. I have two brothers myself and I had to move across the country for the role of Kyle, so I knew that I was going to miss them. To have three on-screen brothers that can carry that same energy was invaluable to me. Steve, Dan and Lincoln are so much fun to work with."

Sometimes Kyle seems to have been welcomed into the family, but at other points he's more of an outsider. Do you think he'll ever feel 100% comfortable with the Braxtons?
    "I think there will come a point where Kyle feels 100% comfortable with where he fits, which is not directly in the family. He is only a half-sibling and he knows that, so I think he'd be kidding himself if he thought that he could be a completely solid brother in there.

"But Kyle will become more comfortable with what he is, which is the lone wolf. He's part of the pack, but he also likes to do his own thing and he won't be scared to go off on his own sometimes."

Is acting what you've always wanted to do?
    "I discovered acting early in high school. I'd been put on stage a lot because I played music when I was young. When I discovered acting, I really fell in love with it and the idea of telling stories.

"I grew up glued to TVs and watching a lot of movies. I think that was what drew me to acting in the first place. I was affected by watching other people acting in movies and TV shows, so I wanted to affect people in the same way and teach people in the same way that I'd been taught."

Kyle is stunned.
    © Channel 5

Would you say Home and Away is your big break?
    "It's definitely a step in the right direction. I don't think I'll ever take anything for granted in this industry, because somebody could have what they call 'a big break' but then have nothing come out of it. Others might go in with baby steps and end up accomplishing far more.

"I think for me it's going to be a 'Take it when you can get it' type scenario, and I don't think I'll ever be picky about the work that I do. It's amazing to get a role like this which will give me endless experience, confidence and a real platform to build a career from. I'm really proud that this is my first professional job out of drama school."

Do you have a time limit for how long you'd like to stay on the show for?
    "I'm hopefully going to be sticking around for a little while, as long as they don't get sick of me! There will eventually be a point where I'll have to make a decision on whether I can stick around for longer or not. It will depend on whether they offer me additional time on the show, depending on how my character is going and whether they'd like me to stay.

"When that time comes, it'll just depend on how ready I feel, I guess. I do think there will come a point where I want to play different roles, go overseas and see how my career goes there. As I said, this is my first professional role and I'm hoping to have a lot more work in a lot more areas. I'd like to have a diverse career if possible."

We know that Heath is leaving later this year. Do you think Kyle would still have a place in the Bay if the other brothers left?
    "It's a tricky one, but with Kyle still being that outsider in the family, if the writers want to keep me around, they can find a way. I'm not sure what the plans are for the boys at this stage. Since I did enter the show later than the other brothers, I'm sure there'll be a point where they have to make the decision of whether or not to stick around.

"The Braxtons are immensely popular characters and I was hugely proud to be joining a family as amazing as these boys. If they do decide to venture out, who knows, maybe they will write me out - but maybe they'll find a reason for me to stick around!"

Phoebe Nicholson's father goes to extreme lengths to break up his daughter's relationship in Home and Away.

Unhappy that his Phoebe is back together with her ex-boyfriend Kyle Braxton, Mark Nicholson attempts to bribe him away.

Kyle wonders what is wrong with Phoebe
    © Channel 5
    Kyle and Phoebe

Mark offers Kyle $50,000 so that he will walk away from Phoebe.

"It's insulting," Nic Westaway, who plays Kyle, told TV Week.

"Kyle refuses because Phoebe is worth more than the money."

However, while Kyle initially turns him down, Mark soon doubles his offer to $100,000 to truly test his resolve.

Kyle and Phoebe have already had a rocky relationship after Kyle confessed to kidnapping Casey and trying to kill him and Tamara.

Home and Away's Kyle Braxton will be left shocked when he discovers the identity of his attacker.

UK viewers will see Kyle's life left in serious danger when he is knocked out and left for dead during an attack on the Braxton house in an upcoming storyline.

With everyone determined to uncover the identity of the tormentors, Kyle (Nic Westaway) is shocked when he sees Mark Nicholson - the father of his girlfriend Phoebe - with a mystery man.

TV Week reports that, on closer examination, Kyle realises he recognises the man as his attacker and it dawns on him that Mark ordered the attempt on his life.

Home and Away airs these scenes next week for Australian viewers and later in the summer for the UK.

Home and Away fans will see Kyle Braxton's relationship with Phoebe Nicholson come under threat when they clash over the future direction of her music career.

Kyle is disappointed when Phoebe starts to change her image and musical style following advice from ambitious producer Nieve Devlin, played by Jolene Anderson.

When Phoebe (Isabella Giovinazzo) returns to the Bay following a trip away recording with Nieve, Kyle is shocked to see that she has undergone a pop princess-style makeover.

Phoebe's music demo also has a pop style, leaving Kyle concerned that she is straying from her roots.

Nic Westaway, who plays Kyle, told TV Week: "Kyle has always been supportive of Phoebe's career and he thinks she's very talented. But the avenue she has available to her, he's very wary of.

"Kyle thinks Nieve is extremely manipulative. I think Kyle realises this from the get-go. But Phoebe is blinded by the notion that her dreams might come true.

"His major concern is he thinks she might be selling out and not remaining true to herself."

Kyle and Phoebe wait to meet her Dad
    © Channel 5
    Kyle and Phoebe

When Phoebe urges Kyle to support her new direction otherwise their relationship could be in trouble, it's crunch time for him as he has to decide whether he can accept her drastic change.

Home and Away airs these scenes next week on Seven in Australia and early next year on Channel 5 in the UK.

Thread Information