Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is switching off???

I stopped watching it years ago. What for me used to be unmissable TV became unwatchable TV. They dumbed it down toaster for the tweenies and started employing people for their supposed good looks rather than any perceived acting ability. Then of course the dopey names the tweenies invented such as Shannis and Kalfie didn't help. Ridiculous storylines like the resurrection of Den Watts really superstar lengths the luvvies were prepared to go to. Bringing in Barbara Windsor as the panto dame just killed it. She thought Albert Square revolved round her and her huge mammarys.

Rant over
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (16-06-2012), parkerman (16-06-2012), Siobhan (16-06-2012)

Totally agree,,prime time viewing it ain't, for all your reasons . But heaven help me I still continue to watch it ,even record it if we're away on hols. I too worked shifts, earlies ,lates,nights still recorded it. Must need some de-tox treatment. I think for me is the false hope it can only improve of course it doesn't. Some of it akin to a ponced up version of The Jeremy Kyle Show . For me too many of these bullying storylines which are getting too much for family viewing .Needs more humour but as Parkerman once said you need really good actors to do humour , there are a few in EE that are capable imo. Maybe the Beeb need to consider pulling the plug,and introduce a new prog and get it back to realistic characters ,storylines and please some humour.
    Last edited by Glen1; 16-06-2012 at 17:18.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

alan45 (16-06-2012), Dazzle (17-06-2012), parkerman (16-06-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by owenlee4me View Post
    did Janine know he was going to die?
    Yes.

Just to give my take on this... Like, Glen I still watch Eastenders mostly so I can take part in these discussions! But I don't look forward to it any more like I used to many years ago. Although Coronation Street has its daft moments and its poor characters and actors, as a whole I find it much better written than Eastenders with more (well done) humour and some believable storylines. If I've been out and recorded the programmes I always go to Coronation Street first and then Eastenders, because I can then happily fall asleep if I've had a long day. I think another of the problems in Eastenders is they bring in some good characters and then completely ruin them. I think the Masood family fall into that category. They were good honest decent people when they came in with some humorous material, but they then made them bigots, wrecked Mas and Zainab's marriage and turned Tam into a quite unpleasant character. They need a complete rethink about the way they write their scripts and the stories they produce. So, I haven't quite turned off altogether yet, but it might not be long...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (16-06-2012), Dazzle (17-06-2012), Glen1 (17-06-2012)

Thread Information