Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerry Wyatt

Emmerdale's Kerry Wyatt fears that her wedding dream is over as Dan Spencer leaves her waiting at the church in tonight's hour-long episode (July 22).

Kerry is desperate to marry Dan, but he is unsure whether to go ahead with the ceremony after spotting his brother Daz kissing his bride-to-be.

As her big day dawns, Kerry visits Dan (Liam Fox) and protests her innocence over the kiss, urging him to believe how much she loves him.

After getting ready for the ceremony, Kerry heads to the church but ends up fearing the worst when Dan is nowhere to be seen. Has she been jilted or will the wedding go ahead?

Kerry waits at the altar, with no sign of the groom
    © ITV
    Kerry waits at the altar

Laura Norton, who plays Kerry, told Digital Spy this week: "She is quite confident that Dan is going to turn up. She psyches herself up, but then she ends up waiting for Dan just a little bit too long and she starts to worry that the wedding isn't going to happen.

"I can't really give away much more, but there's going to be a whole other dimension to the story that happens next…"

Emmerdale airs tonight at 7pm on ITV.

Emmerdale spoilers: Shock accident in store as Kerry Wyatt loses her sight

Kerry's poor lifestyle comes back to haunt her next week.

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    10 November 2015

Emmerdale's Kerry Wyatt will get a huge wake-up call next week as she suddenly loses sight in one of her eyes.

The fun-loving character is left terrified as she finds herself struggling to see while riding a tandem bike through the village.

Kerry heads off for a ride with Bernice Blackstock (Samantha Giles) in a desperate bid to prove her partner Dan Spencer wrong after they argue bitterly over her lifestyle.

Viewers have recently seen Kerry vow to be much healthier for the sake of her diabetes, but there's trouble in store next week when Dan (Liam Fox) discovers that she has secretly slipped back into her old habits.

Laura Norton, who plays Kerry, revealed: "She gets a bee in her bonnet and she wants to prove everybody wrong. Kerry gets in a bit of a huff and she decides that she needs to start exercising. She ropes Bernice into it, as she always does.

"Kerry and Bernice are both on the tandem going down Main Street, but half-way down Kerry's vision in her right eye completely goes. Since they're on a tandem, it's not a good outcome!"

Kerry and Bernice go careering into the side of the local church, but it takes a while for shocked onlookers to realise just how serious the situation is.

© ITV
    When Bernice suggests they do some exercise, Kerry wants to use the tandem bike

© ITV
    Bernice and Kerry go careering into the side of the church

Norton continued: "Kerry is like the boy who tried wolf, so everyone is more concerned about Bernice. Nobody is really listening to Kerry, until she screams at them and asks them to ring an ambulance because she's lost her sight.

"It'd be a terrifying experience if you think about it - just to completely have darkness in one eye when there's been no warning signs, so she's very scared."

At the hospital, Kerry is told that she has diabetic retinopathy and the blindness is down to her poor diet and lifestyle. She's shocked to learn that she needs an operation, which could be the push she needs to look after herself more.

© ITV
    Amelia tests Kerry's blood pressure and tells her she is in the danger zone for a diabetic

"Kerry is really scared because she doesn't understand what it means," Norton explained. "When she pushes the doctor, he warns that she will lose her sight if she doesn't change her lifestyle dramatically, and it could happen to the other eye as well. It's a terrifying prospect and the best wake-up call she could have had, really.

"Hopefully Kerry will realise that she's not going to be able to drink, smoke or eat rubbish. That's all she's been used to for a number of years, so that's going to have a big impact on her.

"It's such a shame that it's taken this to make Kerry realise what's important to her. She's just lived so hard and always wanted to party, being that young girl for such a long time. This makes her realise that she's actually got a lot in her life that she needs to be careful for."

Certain aspects of the storyline are close to home for many of the team on Emmerdale, as their late co-star Kitty McGeever - who played the role of Lizzie Lakely - also had diabetic retinopathy for many years.

The popular star, who was the first blind actress to have a main role on a UK soap, passed away in August. She had been awaiting a kidney transplant when she died.

Norton said: "Obviously there's the sad story of Kitty, so I know a lot from members of the cast. I've spoken to them about it and I've done a bit of research on people with diabetes too.

"I've got a cousin with diabetes so I know what impact it can have on your lifestyle. You can't be the same as other people, as you can't indulge in things that are bad for you."

Emmerdale airs Kerry's dramatic tandem crash on Thursday, November 19 at 7pm and 8pm on ITV.

Source:
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...ses-her-sight/

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

lizann (10-11-2015), tammyy2j (10-11-2015)

I hope Kerry will be ok but I am glad there are doing this storyline for her diabetes because she drinks an awful lot of pints not good for it
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 01-12-2015 at 14:48.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (10-11-2015), Perdita (10-11-2015)

Kerry in Emmerdale was recently diagnosed with diabetic retinopathy. Even with treatment and adoption of a more healthy lifestyle, the illness can still lead to blindness.

A recent BBC news article talked about the real life experiences of living with this illness by sufferer Leonie Watson.

'I went blind and feel partly to blame'
    bbc.co.uk
    26 November 2015

Leonie Watson said:
    "
    One morning in October 1999 I woke up with a hangover. As I looked in the mirror I realised I could see a ribbon of blood in my line of sight. As I looked left then right, the ribbon moved sluggishly as though floating in dense liquid. Assuming it was a temporary result of the previous night's antics, I left it a couple of days before visiting an optician to get it checked. When I did the optician took one look at the backs of my eyes and referred me to the nearest eye hospital for further investigation.

When diabetes is uncontrolled for a time it causes a lot of unseen damage. When you eat something your blood sugar levels rise and your body produces insulin to convert that glucose into usable energy. If there isn't enough available insulin then the cells in your body are starved of energy, they begin to die and the excess glucose remains trapped in your bloodstream.

As if that wasn't enough, the glucose will then smother your red blood cells and prevent them from transporting oxygen efficiently around your body.

One of the ways this damage eventually manifests itself is diabetic retinopathy. In an attempt to get enough oxygen to the retina at the back of your eye, your body creates new blood vessels to try and compensate. The new blood vessels are created as an emergency measure and so they're weak. This means they're prone to bursting and haemorrhaging blood into the eye - creating visible ribbons of blood like the one I could see.

This all has the inevitable effect of damaging your sight.

The people at the eye hospital told me laser treatment might halt the breakdown of the blood vessels at the back of my eye and enable the remaining vessels to strengthen enough to get the oxygen to where it should go.

It wasn't pleasant. It requires an anaesthetic injection into the eye before a laser is repeatedly fired at the back. I remember one round of treatment skewing the sight in one eye by about 90 degrees - trust me when I tell you it's impossible to remain upright in that state.

Looking back, I realise that laser treatment was a futile gesture. No-one ever came straight out and told me the consequences of having advanced diabetic retinopathy, it was always spoken of in terms of a progressive deterioration.

Only 3% of blind people are completely blind. Most have some degree of light perception or a little usable vision, but I'm one of the few who can see nothing at all, and nothing is the best way to describe it. People assume it must be like closing your eyes or being in a dark room, but it's not like that at all. It's a complete absence of light, it isn't black or any other colour I can describe.
    "
    Source:
    'I went blind and feel partly to blame'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-34847776

NHS choices says:

What is diabetes?
    - Diabetes causes a person's blood sugar level to become too high.
    - There are two main types - type 1 and type 2.
    - In type 1 diabetes the body's immune system attacks and destroys the cells that produce insulin. This causes glucose levels to increase, which can seriously damage the body's organs.
    -Type 2 diabetes is where the body doesn't produce enough insulin, or the body's cells don't react to insulin. It may be controlled by eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and monitoring your blood glucose levels.

To reduce your risk of developing retinopathy, it's important to control your blood sugar level, blood pressure and cholesterol level. Good control will prevent diabetic complications in almost everyone, according to the NHS. Other advice includes:
    - Attend annual screening appointments.
    - Inform your GP immediately if you notice any changes to your vision.
    - Take medication as prescribed.
    - Lose weight (if you're overweight) and eating a healthy, balanced diet.
    - Exercise regularly.
    - Give up smoking.

Source:
    NHS choices - Diabetes
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Diabete.../Diabetes.aspx
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 01-12-2015 at 10:35.

Kerry Wyatt and Dan Spencer are left red-faced in next week’s Emmerdale when their kinky bedroom antics are made public.
    The loved up couple enjoy an evening of x-rated role play which they film for their pleasure later on, neither expecting the video to see the light of day.
    But that’s exactly what happens when Gabby discovers the video. A horrified Bernice discovers the sex video and tells Gabby to delete it, however, the school girl shares it instead!
    It’s not long before Dan and Kerry are bombarded with funny comments and looks until Moira Dingle finally tells Kerry there's a video of them both online.
    Kerry's shocked to discover it was Gabby who put the video online and she's angry with her meaningless apology.
    Despite Dan’s reluctance Kerry convinces him to watch the sex tape and is impressed with herself and soon decides she doesn't want it taking down after all!
    Meanwhile, it seems Gabby is turning into a little madam when she gets annoyed after Bernice refuses to do her eyebrows.
    She later tells Lachlan of her plan to draw on a “Scouse brow” with marker pen and he tries to keep a straight face as she starts.
    Bernice is furious as she sees Gabby’s eyebrows and tells her she’s not going on the ski trip and despairs as Gabby storms out.
    Ashley offers to take Gabby off Bernice’s hands for a few days in order to relieve some of the tension between the pair, but is this only the start of Gabby’s bad behaviour?

Emmerdale star Laura Norton has warned that there's big trouble coming up for Kerry Wyatt and Dan Spencer's relationship.

The popular couple are known for their comedy scenes, but it seems that we can expect a major shift in tone when a new storyline begins in a few weeks' time.

"There's some stuff coming up for Kerry that I can't talk about yet, but it's going to be very interesting for the viewers," Norton told Inside Soap.

"There have been a lot of light-hearted plots for Kerry and Dan, but things are going to be a bit darker and we'll be exploring a different side to Kerry."

Gabby, Bernice and Kerry
    © ITV
    She continued: "I do believe that Kerry and Dan are made for each other, but I'm not sure what's on the cards for them.

"There's going to be a bit of a bomb going off in their relationship. I don't quite know where they'll end up after that happens, so watch this space!"

There could still be some laughs on the way, though, as Norton also told fans to watch out for her outfit in an upcoming Emmerdale wedding episode.

Dan is proud to reveal the tandem bike he has bought for him and Kerry to exercise together on

She laughed: "There's a wedding coming up and I look horrendous! I walked out on set and everyone looked at me and went, 'Oh my God, what are you wearing?'

"Just you wait - it's very special! I don't mind, though. I get to dress up and to be someone completely different from me in both personality and looks. The more ridiculous for me, the better - I wouldn't change my character for the world."

Digital Spy

She still drinks so much alcohol and she is diabetic

Post deleted.
    Last edited by JessicaMad; 08-09-2016 at 16:33.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/24/emmerd...linic-6149035/
    http://metro.co.uk/author/duncan-lindsay/
    Emmerdale spoilers: Truth revealed? Dan Spencer confronts Kerry Wyatt at the clinic

Has Dan Spencer discovered the shocking truth about Kerry Wyatt’s pregnancy and infidelity in Emmerdale? As he follows her to the clinic where she is heading to have a termination, she has some questions to answer as Dan demands the truth.
    Kerry’s secretive behaviour has been troubling Dan and he is miffed when she takes little interest in planning the wedding, little knowing what is playing on her mind.

When Kerry’s camper van won’t start, Kerry calls Dan and Kerry is forced to borrow a car from the garage to head to the clinic when Dan cuts the call.

Outside the clinic, Kerry parks on double yellow lines outside the clinic and dashes in just as a parking attendant appears on the scene.
    As Kerry parks on double yellow lines and dashes to the clinic, Ross discovers that the missing car from the garage has been spotted, little knowing that it was Kerry who took it.
    As Dan and Ross arrive on the scene to find the car being towed, Kerry is inside taking the pill. As she comes out, a confused Dan confronts her and Kerry is unsure what to say.

Telling her it’s time to come clean, will Dan discover that Kerry slept with Ross and is now pregnant with his baby?
    And, if so, can he ever forgive her?
    Last edited by JessicaMad; 25-09-2016 at 00:15.

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaMad View Post
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/24/emmerd...linic-6149035/
    http://metro.co.uk/author/duncan-lindsay/
    Emmerdale spoilers: Truth revealed? Dan Spencer confronts Kerry Wyatt at the clinic

Has Dan Spencer discovered the shocking truth about Kerry Wyatt’s pregnancy and infidelity in Emmerdale? As he follows her to the clinic where she is heading to have a termination, she has some questions to answer as Dan demands the truth.
    Kerry’s secretive behaviour has been troubling Dan and he is miffed when she takes little interest in planning the wedding, little knowing what is playing on her mind.

When Kerry’s camper van won’t start, Kerry calls Dan and Kerry is forced to borrow a car from the garage to head to the clinic when Dan cuts the call.

Outside the clinic, Kerry parks on double yellow lines outside the clinic and dashes in just as a parking attendant appears on the scene.
    As Kerry parks on double yellow lines and dashes to the clinic, Ross discovers that the missing car from the garage has been spotted, little knowing that it was Kerry who took it.
    As Dan and Ross arrive on the scene to find the car being towed, Kerry is inside taking the pill. As she comes out, a confused Dan confronts her and Kerry is unsure what to say.

Telling her it’s time to come clean, will Dan discover that Kerry slept with Ross and is now pregnant with his baby?
    And, if so, can he ever forgive her?
    So does this confirm that the baby is Ross'?

Thread Information