Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerry Wyatt

Kerry Wyatt

Emmerdale bosses have announced that Amy Wyatt's "reckless" mother will be joining the soap later this year.

Laura Norton has been cast as wayward Kerry Wyatt, who was heartbroken when Amy (Chelsea Halfpenny) was first taken into foster care.

© ITV

Pictured: Emmerdale newcomer Laura Norton.

Show bosses have confirmed that Amy will bump into her mother while out celebrating her 18th birthday in an upcoming episode.

As Amy flirts with a handsome man in a nightclub on her big day, she has no idea that he is her mum's boyfriend - but all becomes clear as she suddenly comes face-to-face with Kerry.

Kerry makes the most of her reunion with Amy and arrives in the village the next day to look for her, hoping to build bridges once and for all. Viewers will then see Kerry fight to get back into Amy's life.

Norton commented: "I am delighted to have been given this role. Emmerdale has always been my favourite soap and it's a joy and privilege to be joining the team. Kerry is an amazing and unpredictable, appealing character and I will have a lot of fun getting to grips with her.

"I have met up with Chelsea who plays Amy and I can't wait to play her reckless mum."

Emmerdale's series producer Stuart Blackburn added: "Laura is a fantastic actor and it's a delight to welcome her to the show. Her character Kerry is sure to liven things up for Amy, Val, Eric and everyone who crosses her path."

Norton's previous screen credits include roles in Vera, Steel River Blues and Angel Cake.

The actress begins filming in June and her first Emmerdale episode airs in mid-July.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (31-05-2012)

Should have cast Jill Halfpenny as Amy's mother imo

Emmerdale star Chelsea Halfpenny has expressed her excitement over Amy Wyatt's upcoming reunion with estranged mother Kerry.

Show bosses recently announced the casting of actress Laura Norton as "reckless" Kerry, who was heartbroken when Amy was first taken into foster care.

Viewers see Kerry's first scenes on Tuesday, July 17, when Amy bumps into her on a night out. Kerry later tracks down Amy in the village.

Halfpenny told All About Soap of the pair's future: "There are going to be so many bridges to cross, because so much has happened way back in the past. Kerry's definitely going to have to change a lot if she wants a chance to work things out.

"And of course, Amy loves Val and Pollard now and sees them as her mum and dad. So who knows?"

Discussing the impact on Amy, she continued: "I'm looking forward to exploring her emotional side a bit more. She puts on this tough front, and the only time I've seen her vulnerable side was when she had the baby and she was talking to him. But I think there's a lot more to her."

Emmerdale airs weeknights on ITV1.

Emmerdale's Chelsea Halfpenny has revealed that she is real-life friends with on-screen mum Laura Norton.

Halfpenny said that her relationship with Norton is a far cry from Geordie rebel Amy Wyatt's hatred of her mother Kerry.

She told What's on TV: "It's been class working with Laura. We just get on like a house on fire, and I know everybody probably says that, but we really have just clicked."

The Yorkshire soap regular, 20, also claimed that Norton isn't a maternal figure on set.

"Obviously she's not that much older than me in real life, she's not a motherly figure at all in real life," the star added.

"She's one of my good mates now and we get the giggles really bad as well on set which is not good!"

Emmerdale's Chelsea Halfpenny has revealed that she is real-life friends with on-screen mum Laura Norton.

Halfpenny said that her relationship with Norton is a far cry from Geordie rebel Amy Wyatt's hatred of her mother Kerry.

She told What's on TV: "It's been class working with Laura. We just get on like a house on fire, and I know everybody probably says that, but we really have just clicked."

The Yorkshire soap regular, 20, also claimed that Norton isn't a maternal figure on set.

"Obviously she's not that much older than me in real life, she's not a motherly figure at all in real life," the star added.

"She's one of my good mates now and we get the giggles really bad as well on set which is not good!"

Emmerdale newcomer Laura Norton has predicted that Amy Wyatt will not find it easy to rid herself of her mother.

Norton, who plays Amy's estranged mother Kerry, also revealed that she is looking forward to scenes with other Dales cast members.

"She's got her feet right under the table now! Amy's really going to have her work cut out trying to get rid of her," she told Inside Soap.

"I'd love to see Kerry settle down in the village, but I don't think it's going to be an easy ride for her.

"Just as she starts to make progress with a situation, she can't help saying or doing something stupid and ruining it all."

"That said, I can't wait to see how she mixes things up among the folk of the Dales," the actress added.

Chelsea Halfpenny, who portrays Amy, recently declared her fondness for her on-screen mum Norton.

Fans of the ITV soap recently saw Kerry make a dramatic entrance by punching Amy at a nightclub for kissing her boyfriend.

Emmerdale newcomer Laura Norton has predicted that Amy Wyatt will not find it easy to rid herself of her mother.

Norton, who plays Amy's estranged mother Kerry, also revealed that she is looking forward to scenes with other Dales cast members.

"She's got her feet right under the table now! Amy's really going to have her work cut out trying to get rid of her," she told Inside Soap.

"I'd love to see Kerry settle down in the village, but I don't think it's going to be an easy ride for her.

"Just as she starts to make progress with a situation, she can't help saying or doing something stupid and ruining it all."

"That said, I can't wait to see how she mixes things up among the folk of the Dales," the actress added.

Chelsea Halfpenny, who portrays Amy, recently declared her fondness for her on-screen mum Norton.

Fans of the ITV soap recently saw Kerry make a dramatic entrance by punching Amy at a nightclub for kissing her boyfriend.

Emmerdale star Laura Norton has said that she would not rule out a reunion for her character Kerry Wyatt and farmer Andy Sugden.

The pair had a brief fling in September, but will soon find themselves in close proximity again as Kerry moves back in with Andy (Kelvin Fletcher) in next week's episodes.

When Val and Eric Pollard kick Kerry out of their home following one mistake too many, her daughter Amy (Chelsea Halfpenny) arranges for her to get a place at Dale View - before making the surprising announcement that she will be joining her there.

Norton told Inside Soap of her alter ego's love life: "Kerry's last boyfriend was very young. But while there's a part of her that's never grown up, someone like Andy accepts her for who she is.

"At the moment she's working on her relationship with Amy, but if Andy sees that Kerry can be a good girl at the same time, then who knows? She's not trying to make anything happen, though - she's doing her best to leave it up to fate!"

Norton added that Kerry is delighted when Amy chooses to live with her rather than Eric and Val.

She said: "Kerry is just so touched by Amy's gesture, especially after everything that's happened. She could so easily have ended up back on a slippery slope with Amy telling her to get lost, but instead it turns into a new start. Kerry sees it as her chance to make amends and get to know Amy properly."

For more breaking entertainment and tech coverage follow Digital Spy on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Emmerdale star Laura Norton has said that she would not rule out a reunion for her character Kerry Wyatt and farmer Andy Sugden.

The pair had a brief fling in September, but will soon find themselves in close proximity again as Kerry moves back in with Andy (Kelvin Fletcher) in next week's episodes.

When Val and Eric Pollard kick Kerry out of their home following one mistake too many, her daughter Amy (Chelsea Halfpenny) arranges for her to get a place at Dale View - before making the surprising announcement that she will be joining her there.

Norton told Inside Soap of her alter ego's love life: "Kerry's last boyfriend was very young. But while there's a part of her that's never grown up, someone like Andy accepts her for who she is.

"At the moment she's working on her relationship with Amy, but if Andy sees that Kerry can be a good girl at the same time, then who knows? She's not trying to make anything happen, though - she's doing her best to leave it up to fate!"

Norton added that Kerry is delighted when Amy chooses to live with her rather than Eric and Val.

She said: "Kerry is just so touched by Amy's gesture, especially after everything that's happened. She could so easily have ended up back on a slippery slope with Amy telling her to get lost, but instead it turns into a new start. Kerry sees it as her chance to make amends and get to know Amy properly."

Last edited by Perdita; 07-11-2012 at 16:33.

why does amy move out with her?

Thread Information