Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catchphrase

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Two with fried rice please
    Can I have some prawn crackers and a banana friter with mine? Do you like my Roy Walker impersonation? "Say what you see"

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Two with fried rice please
    Can I have some prawn crackers and a banana friter with mine? Do you like my Roy Walker impersonation? "Say what you see"

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Classic game show Catchphrase is back, as the series that taught viewers to ‘say what they see’, makes a welcome return to ITV primetime with new host Stephen Mulhern.

The nine-part series, which will include a celebrity special, will see three contestants go head-to-head each week in a bid to identify hidden, familiar phrases represented by state of the art 3D graphic animations.

The pressure is higher than ever before as one contestant is eliminated from the competition after the first round, leaving the other two to battle it out in a bid to reach the final.

Throughout the show, contestants will bank cash in exchange for Catchphrases they guess correctly ahead of their opponents, with the opportunity to scoop big money should they uncover the coveted bonus Catchphrase.

One contestant will then face the new Super Catchphrase round for the chance to win a massive £50,000.

All of the show’s most popular features are revived, including loveable mascot Mr Chips, the golden robot who appears sporadically throughout the Catchphrases.

Celebrities confirmed to appear in a one-off celebrity special will be Coronation Street star Kym Lomas, I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! contestant Rosemary Shrager and Benidorm’s Steve Pemberton.

John Kaye Cooper, ITV's Controller of Entertainment, said: "We're delighted that this highly popular classic game show is returning to ITV and once again give our viewers a chance to 'say what they see'. Stephen will be presenting an updated and state of the art version of Catchphrase and we welcome its return to our schedules."

On hosting the revamped series, Stephen Mulhern said “I’m delighted and excited to be hosting the new look Catchphrase, a show I grew up watching. It's a dream to present but I warn you now, if your family is anything like mine, it can get very competitive when you play along at home! Always keep in mind..."The clues on the screen but what does it mean?"

Thread Information