Thread: Afia Masood

Exclamation Afia Masood

EastEnders's Afia Masood will be bowing out from Albert Square next month.

The restaurateur, played by Meryl Fernandes, makes her departure in early June as her ongoing problems with husband Tamwar (Himesh Patel) come to a head.

Afia and Tamwar have endured tough times in the aftermath of the Masood family's ordeal with Yusef Khan and the horrifying B&B fire at Christmas.

An EastEnders spokesperson today (May 23) told Digital Spy: "Meryl Fernandes recently finished filming her final scenes at EastEnders, which will be on screen next month."

A show insider added: "Since the traumatic events of the fire, things have not been the same in Tamwar and Afia's relationship. As their issues worsen, they are forced to decide whether their marriage is worth fighting for or whether they have grown apart."

Afia made her first EastEnders appearance in December 2009 and became a full-time character from late 2010.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-05-2012), Dutchgirl (23-05-2012), JustJodi (26-05-2012), lizann (24-05-2012), matt1378 (24-05-2012), megan999 (23-05-2012), tammyy2j (23-05-2012)

Wonder what happens to Tamwar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchgirl View Post
    Wonder what happens to Tamwar.
    Makes a move on Christian

Zainab will be very happy two of her son's marriages over

Shame.. I liked Afia

Quote Originally Posted by matt1378 View Post
    Shame.. I liked Afia
    She was way more tolerable than Amira

I really like Afia, but like a lot of characters they don't seem to know what to do with her.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    I think she was not allowed to grow, due to her religious background, she could not party with the "girls" her age, cos she would just end up baby sitting them as they went out and got drunk????? I really liked her character,, alot more than Amira. I hope she finds something else that will make her happy :-)
    Last edited by JustJodi; 26-05-2012 at 02:50.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJodi For This Useful Post:

parkerman (27-05-2012)

EastEnders star Himesh Patel has confessed that his last scene with his on-screen wife was emotionally challenging.

The Tamwar Masood actor admitted that he wishes Meryl Fernandes's character Afia was not being written out of the BBC soap.

"Tamwar and Afia were made for each other, and I wanted them to stay together forever," he told Inside Soap.

"As a couple, they were unique. Nobody thought Tamwar would ever find anyone, but he and Afia had a real kookiness together."

Regarding the future, Patel insisted the "door has been left open", outlining his desire for Afia to return to Albert Square at some point.

"The door has been left open, though, so there might be a chance for Afia to come back at some point. I really hope she will!" he said.

Meanwhile, the 21-year-old revealed that he and Fernandes are delighted with their final scene, adding: "We got the scene rescheduled so it was the very last one Meryl and I filmed together.

"We knew it would be emotional, and we wanted to use that. When you see it, those are real tears I'm crying! But we're really proud of it - Afia is sent off in style.

"Meryl's one of the best friends I've ever made. She's already keeping an eye on me, making sure I'm okay. I'm really lucky to have worked with her."

EastEnders bosses confirmed Fernandes's departure last week, with Afia set to make her Walford exit next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

"Tamwar and Afia were made for each other, and I wanted them to stay together forever."
    He should know by now that married couples are not allowed to stay together longer than about a year or so. It's an Eastenders rule.

Thread Information