Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hollyoaks Later Series 5

Hollyoaks star Emmett Scanlan has confirmed that viewers will discover "brutal" details of Brendan Brady's past in the new series of Hollyoaks Later.

Brendan is taking centre stage in this year's run of the E4 spinoff, as he features in a dark storyline with half-sister Cheryl, their Nana Flo, bad boy Walker and troubled Joel.

Show bosses have promised that the episodes will provide an insight into the Brady family history - partly through flashbacks to Brendan's childhood.

Scanlan told All About Soap of the flashback scenes: "They reveal why Brendan's the way he is - it's the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle.

"Ever since he arrived in Hollyoaks two years ago, there have been questions about his murky past and now we'll get the answers. The truth is shocking and brutal."

The actor also confirmed that Cheryl (Bronagh Waugh) will be shocked by the actions that Brendan is driven to in Later this year.

He said: "Let's just say that what Cheryl sees Brendan doing is so dark it changes everything between them. Cheryl would never report Brendan to the cops, but she's so disgusted that she disowns him. I'm not sure their relationship can ever be repaired."

Discussing the big explosion featuring Brendan at the end of the series, Scanlan added: "I don't think it would be a fitting way for him to go. He needs redemption - he needs to sacrifice himself. You never know, though. This could well be where the journey ends."

Hollyoaks Later returns to E4 on Monday, September 17 at 10pm.

Brendan Brady's life will be left hanging in the balance following a huge explosion in the new series of Hollyoaks Later.

The climactic scenes take place while Brendan (Emmett Scanlan) and Cheryl (Bronagh Waugh) are visiting a holiday home by the beach, where they used to spend time as children. They go there to fulfil a dying wish shared by their ill Nana Flo, who wants to be back at the house one last time.

Airing in the final episode of the series, the explosion occurs after Brendan has already endured more than his fair share of late-night drama, twists and turns - many of which are being kept under wraps until transmission.

What's clear as Brendan visits the beach house is that it holds some particularly bad memories for him, and as the turbulent events of Hollyoaks Later take their toll, he ends up letting out his frustrations by attacking a gas fireplace inside the cottage.

An emotional Brendan fails to realise that a pipe has given way following his reckless act, causing gas to be released quietly…

To make matters worse, scheming Walker (Neil Newbon) is also present at the house, and shortly after Brendan's outburst, we can confirm that the Irishman will finally uncover his rival's vengeful intentions.

Brendan has been growing increasingly suspicious of Walker, but before he can do anything about his shock discovery, the building suddenly blows to smithereens due to the damaged gas fire - sending him flying.

Soon afterwards, Cheryl is distraught to see that Brendan is in a terrible state. Will this be the end for him?

© Lime Pictures

© Lime Pictures

© Lime Pictures

Hollyoaks Later returns to E4 on Monday, September 17 at 10pm, airing five episodes across the week.

Hollyoaks star Emmett Scanlan has confirmed that viewers will discover "brutal" details of Brendan Brady's past in the new series of Hollyoaks Later.

Brendan is taking centre stage in this year's run of the E4 spinoff, as he features in a dark storyline with half-sister Cheryl, their Nana Flo, bad boy Walker and troubled Joel.

Show bosses have promised that the episodes will provide an insight into the Brady family history - partly through flashbacks to Brendan's childhood.

Scanlan told All About Soap of the flashback scenes: "They reveal why Brendan's the way he is - it's the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle.

"Ever since he arrived in Hollyoaks two years ago, there have been questions about his murky past and now we'll get the answers. The truth is shocking and brutal."

The actor also confirmed that Cheryl (Bronagh Waugh) will be shocked by the actions that Brendan is driven to in Later this year.

He said: "Let's just say that what Cheryl sees Brendan doing is so dark it changes everything between them. Cheryl would never report Brendan to the cops, but she's so disgusted that she disowns him. I'm not sure their relationship can ever be repaired."

Discussing the big explosion featuring Brendan at the end of the series, Scanlan added: "I don't think it would be a fitting way for him to go. He needs redemption - he needs to sacrifice himself. You never know, though. This could well be where the journey ends."

Promo Trailer

Hollyoaks Later is to unveil a sneak preview of its new series online.

The late night spinoff will debut the first 12 minutes of its latest run on the E4 website at 7.30pm tomorrow night (Friday, September 14).

Emmett Scanlan recently teased that viewers will discover "brutal" details about his character Brendan Brady's past in the upcoming episodes.

On flashback scenes involving Brendan, Scanlan said: "They reveal why Brendan's the way he is - it's the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle.

Jorgie Porter has also declared that Hollyoaks Later shows more of her character Theresa McQueen's bad girl side.

On Theresa's actions in the series, she confessed: "I thought, 'Oh my goodness, that's so out of character!' It was quite hard to deal with such a sudden change.

"I thought, 'Oh no, everyone's going to hate her now. How am I going to be a badass and still be loved?'"

Emmett Scanlan has revealed that he begged the makers of Hollyoaks Later to let him do his own stunts.

The actor plays bad boy Brendan Brady on the show, and the character is involved in a "huge explosion" in one of next week's special post-watershed episodes.

Scanlan told PA: "It was a massive, massive explosion that they did and they had one shot of it, one go to get this right.

"I begged to be able to do the stunt myself. I put a request in over and over and over again. It's just a typical actor thing, you want to be part of everything that you do but you understand that there are professionals who do this for a living. If I get injured and there's just one take, that kind of screws up all the filming and scheduling in afterwards."

Scanlan then revealed that this led to a light-hearted rivalry with his stuntman replacement: "They brought in a stunt double, he had to shave his beard down to a handlebar moustache and he was then known for the rest of the day as 'Hot Brendan'. I hated him!"

He also revealed that an upcoming Hollyoaks Later storyline will feature a lads' trip to Amsterdam, but that Brendan won't be involved. He joked: "I think they were quite smart not to let the Bradys go off to Amsterdam. I think one or two of us wouldn't have come back."

Scanlan had previously revealed that this next batch of episodes will unveil "brutal" details of Brendan's past that are set to shock fans.

A 12-minute preview of Hollyoaks Later is set to air online on the E4 website tonight (September 14) from 7pm.

Jorgie Poerter has spoken about her upcoming sex scenes in Hollyoaks Later.

The soap actress filmed steamy scenes as her character Theresa McQueen for the late-night edition of the Channel 4 soap, alongside co-star Andrew Still.

Porter revealed that her mother banned her from showing her breasts on screen during the scenes.

"I told my mum what I was going to be doing and she said, 'You do what you think is necessary, but at the end of the day don't get your nipples out!' I've seen the pictures from the really rudey bits and they're quite shocking," she told The Sun.

"I think my grandma might need a cup of coffee at that point. We might have to take her out of the room, get her a cup and bring her back when it's finished!"

Porter revealed that she was highly nervous about filming the scenes, saying: "I don't think you can ever get psyched up for something like that, ever. We'd been prepping for it the whole time, knowing it was coming up, but when we were told it was happening that day we were really shocked and nervous.

"And as we were about to start shooting, I went, 'S**t, this is a sex scene! Oh my God!'

"But at the end of the day it's not me who's doing that, that's not my real boyfriend and you just have to get over the shock and get on with it. You take your robe off, quickly get into position and just try to quickly go through the motions while being very professional!"

The former Dancing on Ice contestant added: "I didn't have anything on, but Andrew had a modesty sock with a bobble on it.

"I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before, put into a sock - that was a strange one!"

Porter recently said that Hollyoaks Later will show Theresa's bad side.

Hollyoaks Later kicks off tonight (September 17) at 10pm on E4, and continues every night this week until Friday.

Emmet Scanlan has said that he plans to stay with Hollyoaks until his character Brendan Brady is written out.

The Irish actor, who joined the teen soap in 2010, hopes to launch a Hollywood career at some point in his career.

However, Scanlan insisted to BBC Newsbeat that he has "unfinished business" with his violent alter ego Brendan.

"My loyalty lies with Hollyoaks at the moment. I've got so much love and respect for it and the character, Brendan Brady," he said.

"I want to see it out till the end. And I want to see how Brendan goes, hopefully it's with a bang."

The 33-year-old star, who was named 'Best Actor' at 2011's European Independent Film Festival for his role in Charlie Casanova, added: "When I leave this Earth I want a box set that I can be proud of. Right now I've got one movie in the box set."

Scanlan recently confirmed that viewers will learn "brutal" details of Brendan's life during Hollyoaks Later, which launched last night.

Bad boy Brendan has beaten Ste Hay (Kieron Richardson) in the show's high-profile homosexual domestic abuse storyline.

Hollyoaks Later continues tonight (Tuesday, September 18) at 10pm on E4.

This was the best Later series ever imo

Thread Information