Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Fall

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-07-2014)

That's got me all excited about the next series now

I love this show - absolutely fantastic. I have both series on DVD now and I started rewatching it all last night. Gillian Anderson is beautiful and I find her mesmerising in her role as Stella Gibson - her character is such an enigma and I think Gillian plays her to perfection.

Jamie Dornan is brilliant too. The series is so tense, but I love how scenes are left to linger and the plots and characters move on at a slow and steady pace. It makes things all the more gripping. I love the music in the series too, it really adds to the eerie atmosphere.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DaVeyWaVey For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-03-2015)

I love this show - absolutely fantastic. I have both series on DVD now and I started rewatching it all last night. Gillian Anderson is beautiful and I find her mesmerising in her role as Stella Gibson - her character is such an enigma and I think Gillian plays her to perfection.

Jamie Dornan is brilliant too. The series is so tense, but I love how scenes are left to linger and the plots and characters move on at a slow and steady pace. It makes things all the more gripping. I love the music in the series too, it really adds to the eerie atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post

I love it too! I was so glad to hear there's going to be a third series and that Jamie Dornan will be back (there was some doubt about this given his new-found superstar status). I wonder what his role will be in the third series?

Gillian Anderson's wonderful as Stella and she's amazingly charismatic in the role - she's even more charismatic than Jamie!

Do you watch Hannibal? Gillian plays an even more enigmatic character in that, although she only has a recurring role. She'll be a regular in the upcoming third season, which I'm really looking forward to (and not only for Gillian!).

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I love it too! I was so glad to hear there's going to be a third series and that Jamie Dornan will be back (there was some doubt about this given his new-found superstar status). I wonder what his role will be in the third series?

Gillian Anderson's wonderful as Stella and she's amazingly charismatic in the role - she's even more charismatic than Jamie!

Do you watch Hannibal? Gillian plays an even more enigmatic character in that, although she only has a recurring role. She'll be a regular in the upcoming third season, which I'm really looking forward to (and not only for Gillian!).
    I'm really pleased there will be a third series too. I was really hoping there would be, as the second series ended on such a cliffhanger! And I feel like there are more hidden depths to explore with Stella and Spector. The interview scene between the pair of them was excellently done.

I've been trying to think of what the premise will be for the third series though - I think it's obvious now that Spector will have survived the shooting. My theory is that time will have moved on significantly, Spector is in jail but it turns out he has killed more women that Stella doesn't know about, and there are some cold cases that she needs to resolve. Or he is manipulating the babysitter girl who was obsessed with him from inside jail, and she is now killing for him. And Stella has to catch her with Spector's help. Or maybe Spector breaks out of prison and starts killing again?! I can't wait to see what the writer has up his sleeve.

I've never seen Hannibal, I think I'm going to have to watch it as I've become a big fan of Gillian's from watching this series. I hadn't seen her in anything before this. And I'm pleased Jamie is returning to the series, even though he's now busy with the 50 shades films.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DaVeyWaVey For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post

I'm really pleased there will be a third series too. I was really hoping there would be, as the second series ended on such a cliffhanger! And I feel like there are more hidden depths to explore with Stella and Spector. The interview scene between the pair of them was excellently done.

I've been trying to think of what the premise will be for the third series though - I think it's obvious now that Spector will have survived the shooting. My theory is that time will have moved on significantly, Spector is in jail but it turns out he has killed more women that Stella doesn't know about, and there are some cold cases that she needs to resolve. Or he is manipulating the babysitter girl who was obsessed with him from inside jail, and she is now killing for him. And Stella has to catch her with Spector's help. Or maybe Spector breaks out of prison and starts killing again?! I can't wait to see what the writer has up his sleeve.

I've never seen Hannibal, I think I'm going to have to watch it as I've become a big fan of Gillian's from watching this series. I hadn't seen her in anything before this. And I'm pleased Jamie is returning to the series, even though he's now busy with the 50 shades films.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post

The interview scene between Stella and Spector was completely mesmerising. I'd been waiting for their confrontation with baited breath throughout the whole two series and I wasn't disappointed.

I think Spector manipulating the babysitter who's in his thrall is a good premise for a third series. She would do anything for him, the stupid girl, and wouldn't be above torturing and killing for his amusement.

Hannibal's fantastic but you need a strong stomach as it's incredibly gory! I keep my eyes closed during those scenes but the writing and acting are worth it in my opinion. I was already a big fan of Mads Mikkelsen who plays Hannibal Lector.

Thread Information