Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Ella to Quit Corrie

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    Shalagee worth reading some of Alan's posts re. Stella ( Michelle Collins). might explain Stella's sudden rise to fame in Corrie. The same writers produce scripts for other actors on the show and they seem to get first class delivery but for Michelle and one or two other actors it's in the second rate section imo
    Thank you for helping me find out where to get more information about these characters

Alan's posts are well worded, precise, humorous, and to the point. I fail to see how his signature is filled with negativity, and he is FAR from hypocritical. These forums are about "discussions" and "opinions" Alan participates in both with decorum and etiquette (not to mention the wet my pants comments he adds to the spoilers) I understand that an "opinion" is what you have about Alan but, the opinions on this forum are about TV shows, not members.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rain_ For This Useful Post:

alan45 (16-05-2012), contradiction (16-05-2012), Glen1 (16-05-2012), parkerman (16-05-2012), sarah c (16-05-2012), Tuareet (16-05-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakes_stuff View Post
    Talk about over reacting - where did I say your, sorry, (!) 'signature' offended me? - I merely pointed out that I seem to see many a post with your 'signature' on where you've just finished slagging off an actor - seems to be a bit hypocritical ending a post that's filled with negativity to an individual about how important it is to be nice ? )

And as for your claim that the 'vast majority of 'real' corrie fans do not like her' as demonstratated on the forums? So every single corrie fans post on the forums do they? Corrie must regularly pull in about 6 or 7 million viewers? Are ALL those viewers on the corrie forums slagging off Michelle Collins? Or is it a tiny percentage of that number, a thousand, a couple of thousand at a push? Lets have a bit of common sense applied shall we?

Or are you saying you have to post on the Corrie forums to be considered a REAL Corrie fan?
    I hope you like my new signature

Obviously not all Corrie fans post on forums. What I actually said was that the majority of Corrie fans who post on the forums do not like St Ella the character. What you are saying is that the majority of fans like St Ella because the do not post on the forums.

Of course you do not have to post on the forums the be a real Corrie fan.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    im disillusioned then and like phillip and michelle ive been to new york twice and its not only the shopping thats great. fantastic city.
    Obviously you enjoyed your holiday and I'm very happy for you. Hopefully you did not go as the "guest" of the TV soap you have suddenly got a job on.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (16-05-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    'start spreadin the news, she aint leavin today, michelle wants to be a part of it, weatherfield, weatherfield, if she can make it there, she'll make it anywhere come on, come through weatherfield.
    She may not be leaving today but the end is nigh and soon she will face the final curtain.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (16-05-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Rain_ View Post
    Alan's posts are well worded, precise, humorous, and to the point. I fail to see how his signature is filled with negativity, and he is FAR from hypocritical. These forums are about "discussions" and "opinions" Alan participates in both with decorum and etiquette (not to mention the wet my pants comments he adds to the spoilers) I understand that an "opinion" is what you have about Alan but, the opinions on this forum are about TV shows, not members.
    Am opinion is one thng, but a fact is another, and it is a FACT that he slags off actors and then signs it with a signature that says how important it is to be nice - OF COURSE that is hypocritical!
    Last edited by Jakes_stuff; 16-05-2012 at 10:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakes_stuff View Post
    Am opinion is one thng, but a fact is another, and it is a FACT that he slags off actors and then signs it with a signature that says how important it is to be nice - OF COURSE that is hypocritical!
    when I give an OPINION you don't like then you criticise it. I have changed my signature to one which I trust you will find more suitable. I will continue to criticise so called actors as and when I see fit. I have not found the need to resort to personal insults of members on here.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (16-05-2012), Rain_ (16-05-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    The fact she is added in to every storyline is what really irks me now
    and again....Lesley dies whilst St Ella is buying a pint of milk - straight away she is called into play to 'look after Eileen...' because they are the best of mates and have been forever....

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

alan45 (17-05-2012), Glen1 (16-05-2012), lizann (17-05-2012)

Jakes_stuff. Alan45 makes some great contributions to this website, if you don't like them don't read them. Personal attacks on someone's opinion, which we are all entitled to, are not very nice so please stop. Thank you

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tuareet For This Useful Post:

alan45 (16-05-2012), contradiction (16-05-2012), Glen1 (16-05-2012), moonstorm (16-05-2012), Rain_ (16-05-2012), sarah c (16-05-2012), Siobhan (16-05-2012)

it all seems to be getting a little heated, we all have our fav soaps, characters, we are all entitled to have our opinions, it dosent mean i'm right (well actually it does ) lets live and let live and get this forum back to being a bit more friendly. as that little aussie soap says 'just a friendly wave each morning, helps to make a better day.'

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

alan45 (16-05-2012), Glen1 (16-05-2012), Rain_ (16-05-2012), Tuareet (16-05-2012)

Thread Information