Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Ella to Quit Corrie

I agree Alan and it's down to her poor acting skills. Michelle would maybe have been more popular if she just stuck to her own accent as Stella and told the street she was originally from London and it wouldn't have been such a fuss as not everyone who lives in Manchester has a Manchester accent. The problem is that Michelle can't cope with the demands of appearing in a soap. As much as i'm not a huge fan of the soaps I commend the cast members who work the long hours to learn basically a new script every day. There is no let up as it's not like working on a movie for three-months. It's a hard slog. Some actors can carry it off some can't. Michelle, Katy Ford, Kym Ryder and many others are just a few who can't cut the mustard in soapland. They needed to be treated like everyone else in the big bad world. Either ship up or ship out.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

alan45 (12-05-2012), Glen1 (13-05-2012)

very well said Kath. They are just brought in whether or not they can act. The fact that Michelle had a Christmas shopping trip to New York with Phil Collinson is pure coincidence. Similarly Ms Fords friendship with Daran Little is also a mere coincidence
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (12-05-2012)

exactly Alan There is nothing wrong with soaps bringing in big names for short or long periods as long as they can act. Look at Ian McKellen he was only brought in for a few episodes but he was a blast because he could hold his own. There has been many so-called actors and actresses who have wasted a bloody good opportunity being cast in a soap and not progressed on to better roles because there acting skills have let them down that is why many of them go on to reality shows it's not to boost their profile is to pay their bills as they know they don't have a cat in hell's chance of appearing on TV otherwise and it annoys me that many so-called actors and actresses who appear on British TV programmes think it's their God given right to be given a role in a top show or film even if they can't act for toffee and the Stella storyline is classic of that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

parkerman (12-05-2012)

im afraid i have to disagree. imo michelle has settled nicely into weatherfield and if she wants to remain in corrie i can see her being round for a long time. her accent has been a problem, but i dont know if ive got used it or it has improved, but it doesnt bother me anymore, i really don't mind. its odd because i know longer think of her as cindy. Its as though stella has been around the cobbles a long time.

michelle stopping in the street will depend on whether she can put up with all the travelling from manchester to london. i hope she does.
    Last edited by flappinfanny; 12-05-2012 at 13:57.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (13-05-2012)

I appreciate your point of view gg but it's not just about Michelle herself. It's the way she has been forced upon us by Phil Collision. She has been a major player in most of the storylines since she came. She arrived on the back of a preposterous story about her long lost daughter Leanne. The bit about her going to Bettys house to go through her effects was just too much.. As an experiment has failed completely. The majority of Corrie fans have given her a fair chance and they/we still hate her. She it's as bad of the plank known as Kate Ford which makes her another Kym Marsh

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (13-05-2012), parkerman (13-05-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    exactly Alan There is nothing wrong with soaps bringing in big names for short or long periods as long as they can act. Look at Ian McKellen he was only brought in for a few episodes but he was a blast because he could hold his own.
    I agree - look also at Nigel Havers, he's been absolutely brilliant, and totally believable.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to contradiction For This Useful Post:

alan45 (13-05-2012), Dazzle (13-05-2012), Glen1 (13-05-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    im afraid i have to disagree. imo michelle has settled nicely into weatherfield and if she wants to remain in corrie i can see her being round for a long time. her accent has been a problem, but i dont know if ive got used it or it has improved, but it doesnt bother me anymore, i really don't mind. its odd because i know longer think of her as cindy. Its as though stella has been around the cobbles a long time.

michelle stopping in the street will depend on whether she can put up with all the travelling from manchester to london. i hope she does.
    I hope she stays too!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (15-05-2012)

I'm not all that bothered about the accent. i would have been happy for her just to use her own accent, but I don't just think it's Michelle's acting that's at fault I don't think her, Karl and Eve gel well. You watch other characters not just on the street but in other soaps it's not just how one actress is performing but how they interact with fellow actors. You look at Norris/Mary, Roy/Hayley or even Chas/Aaron over in Emmerdale. They're characters gelled together but I don't get that conection with Stella,Karl & Eve. Even John McChie is annoying me and I've watched him for years in Taggart. He looks uncomfortable in Corrie I don't think he is enjoying his role. As for Eve she always looks fed up, no wonder as she basically they're as Nick's bit of stuff. i know a lot of members on here are fans of Michelle from her days on EE but I don't think the three of them get on and it's reflecting in their performances.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

alan45 (13-05-2012), Glen1 (13-05-2012), lizann (15-05-2012), Perdita (13-05-2012), tammyy2j (14-05-2012)

The Rovers Return has always been the focal point of the programme , and needs a well established character to be in control for such a key role imo. For me Michelle has just continued her old character out of Eastenders same old, same old . Just not interesting enough ,no sparkle, boring. I don't think better scripts would have made any difference, she had that in Eastenders didn't make any difference there.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

alan45 (13-05-2012), contradiction (13-05-2012), lizann (15-05-2012)

You have hit the nail on the head Glen. People think she is wonderful because she was on deadenders.. She is way out of her depth on Britains favourite soap She is not capable of being a pub landlady which in most soaps is a central character. She may well have slotted in as a girlfriend for some established character. Anyone who thinks she is a star in Corrie is as disillusioned as the Mann who took her Christmas shopping to new York

Thread Information