Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Ella to Quit Corrie

The fact she is added in to every storyline is what really irks me now

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

alan45 (15-05-2012), Glen1 (15-05-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    The bit about her going to Bettys house to go through her effects was just too much..
    Wasn't it just so ridiculous? When my 18yo daughter and I were watching that episode, we both, in unison, shouted out "Why's SHE going?" She'd known Betty all of five minutes and was definitely not someone who should have been there. I was probably getting into the story a bit too much (I reckon I'm allowed after having watched Corrie for over 40 years) but it almost felt like sacrilege to have someone who barely knew Betty to be there going through her stuff. She had no right to be there and we were incredulous.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to contradiction For This Useful Post:

alan45 (15-05-2012), Glen1 (15-05-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by contradiction View Post
    Wasn't it just so ridiculous? When my 18yo daughter and I were watching that episode, we both, in unison, shouted out "Why's SHE going?" She'd known Betty all of five minutes and was definitely not someone who should have been there. I was probably getting into the story a bit too much (I reckon I'm allowed after having watched Corrie for over 40 years) but it almost felt like sacrilege to have someone who barely knew Betty to be there going through her stuff. She had no right to be there and we were incredulous.
    Don't forget the ridiculous and pointless non story about Betty owning the pub.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Don't forget the ridiculous and pointless non story about Betty owning the pub.
    I wish I could! Yet another in the line of non-stories to which we have been subjected!!

Sorry Jakes_stuff Michelle deserves critisism and some others actors ,not just on Corrie imo. The shows are televised on primetime TV , so should be top quality. For too long "soaps " seem to have become an excuse for poor acting and puerile storylines
    The actors are very well rewarded , so we should expect the best particularly from lead performers imo. I get the impression that some seem more interested in promoting there celeb status or whingng instead of focusing on the programme. Maybe a spell in
    the real world would be beneficial to a few of 'em , not an original idea I know many have said it on these forums . Maybe quality might improve long term ratings not "flash in the pan" anti-climax explosions ,crashes and the old favourite a FIRE.
    Finally if I see another character fall 30 foot onto a concrete roof ,get up and run away I shall SCREAM !!!!!!
    Last edited by Glen1; 15-05-2012 at 18:26.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

alan45 (15-05-2012), contradiction (15-05-2012), parkerman (15-05-2012)

I don't know this actress from earlier shows she acted in, but I do agree that they are trying, not very successfully, to insert her into everyone's life. There was a little tension while she was trying to get back into Leanne's life. Now all is forgotten and they are the best of pals, not at all realistic. I wonder why the writers just decided to end that whole dinamic. There is absolutely no chemistry between Stella and Karl and even less between Karl and Sunita I agree that some actors just don't come across well on screen. But then I don't understand why they decided Steve should suddenly sell out and move into the shadows. I certainly liked him in the Rovers better than Stella. Actors can only say the lines that are written for them, the real people to blame are the writers, as has been pointed out repeatedly in this forum.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shalagee For This Useful Post:

alan45 (15-05-2012), contradiction (15-05-2012), Glen1 (15-05-2012)

Shalagee worth reading some of Alan's posts re. Stella ( Michelle Collins). might explain Stella's sudden rise to fame in Corrie. The same writers produce scripts for other actors on the show and they seem to get first class delivery but for Michelle and one or two other actors it's in the second rate section imo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

alan45 (15-05-2012)

I'll just say three words Christmas New York

You have hit the nail on the head Glen. People think she is wonderful because she was on deadenders.. She is way out of her depth on Britains favourite soap She is not capable of being a pub landlady which in most soaps is a central character. She may well have slotted in as a girlfriend for some established character. Anyone who thinks she is a star in Corrie is as disillusioned as the Mann who took her Christmas shopping to new York
    im disillusioned then and like phillip and michelle ive been to new york twice and its not only the shopping thats great. fantastic city.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Jakes_stuff (16-05-2012)

I'll just say three words Christmas New York
    'start spreadin the news, she aint leavin today, michelle wants to be a part of it, weatherfield, weatherfield, if she can make it there, she'll make it anywhere come on, come through weatherfield.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Jakes_stuff (16-05-2012)

Thread Information