Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Ella to Quit Corrie

Cool St. Ella to Quit Corrie

CORRIE star Michelle Collins is quitting as Rovers landlady Stella Price — to spend more time with her teenage daughter. There is a God

Ex-EastEnder Michelle, 51, is fed up with having to commute from London to Manchester for filming. probably does not understand the language

The Cockney actress, who joined in April last year, has just been given a new 12-month contract — even though fans criticised her dodgy northern accent. Its Still Crap!!

But Michelle — who played Albert Square superbitch Cindy Beale — says daughter Maia Rose, 15, comes first.

She said: “I will be in the show until this time next year but I think she would sue me after that. Go now Michelle your daughter needs you

“My daughter has her GCSEs next year. I want to be around to support her so I’ll have to take time out. Take about 30 years

“I find it really difficult working in Manchester and then coming back to London to be a mum. I don’t want to unsettle Maia.”

Michelle had looked set for a long run in the ITV soap, and her departure will be a big blow. To who exactly ???????

Sue Johnston — from comedy The Royle Family — has even been signed to play Stella’s mum Gloria.

A source said: “We hoped she would be talked about in the same breath as Annie Walker, Bet Lynch and Liz McDonald. It doesn’t look like that will happen now.” it was never going to happen

Stella’s storylines have included her being revealed as Leanne Barlow’s mum. As well as becoming everyones friend and Patron Saint
    Last edited by alan45; 09-05-2012 at 00:27.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-05-2012), Glen1 (12-05-2012), parkerman (09-05-2012), tammyy2j (09-05-2012)

I predicted this would happen. I`m not buying that ' I want to spend time with my daughter' rubbish either. Michelle probably can`t stand the pace, or she`s bored.

If the Corrie bosses had chosen Lisa Maxwell to play Stella in the first place, none of this would have happened. There are some cracking storylines coming up (Stellas Mum), and now it seems that all those plans were for nowt.
    I know Michelle isn`t leaving til next year, but it still puts a damper on future storylines.
    Michelle Collins could have been such an iconic part of Corrie history, but now that looks very unlikely. What a shame.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

owenlee4me (19-05-2012)

I realy do not hink that Lisa Maxwell would have been suitable to play the landlady of the Rovers. It needs a believable character , someone ho has a reason for being there/ Its only a back street boozer so th producers should keep that in mind when selecting S.Ellas replacement. It does not need someone glamourous, Lisa Maxwelll was ok in the Bill but not great

A source said: “We hoped she would be talked about in the same breath as Annie Walker, Bet Lynch and Liz McDonald. It doesn’t look like that will happen now.”
    Bring back Raquel

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

alan45 (09-05-2012)

They need to bring in someone who has a valid reason for being there unlike the preposterous reason they used to bring in the ridiculous St. Ella. Pubs are being closed on a daily basis so it's more likely T'rovers would be bought by someone who had some actual connection with the area rather than a long lost mother yawn fest. An ideal storyline would involve the death of At.Ella and Traceyluv

Coronation Street star Michelle Collins has insisted that there is no truth in rumours that she is quitting the soap.

Earlier today, reports suggested that Collins is bowing out from her role as Rovers Return boss Stella Price next year as she wants to spend more time with her teenage daughter Maia Rose.

However, in an official statement, Collins insisted: "I am very happy working on Coronation Street and have no plans to leave the show.

"I have recently signed a new contract for another 12 months and have not said I'm planning to leave the show after that time. I'm really enjoying playing Stella and have made some firm friends on the cast.

"There are a lot of exciting storylines in the pipeline for Stella, including the recent casting of Sue Johnston as her mum, and I'm relishing the chance to be part of such an amazing show."

Coronation Street bosses announced Johnston's casting last month and viewers will see her arrive on the cobbles in June.

Stella is also currently being cheated on by her troubled partner Karl Munro (John Michie), who has struggled with a gambling addiction in recent months.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alan45 (09-05-2012), TaintedLove (09-05-2012)

Trust someone to pee on my parade. Maybe my celebrations have been premature but I'm confident she will soon go. The Sun spoilers are generally fairly accurate in relation to the soaps

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Trust someone to pee on my parade. Maybe my celebrations have been premature but I'm confident she will soon go. The Sun spoilers are generally fairly accurate in relation to the soaps
    Hmm, so even though the actress herself has said she is there for at least another 12 months you still think the sun spoilers are still correct? interesting........

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    I believe she will go soon and she will use her daughter as a smoke screen, but the truth is Corrie made a huge mistake hiring Michelle. Forget the terrible attempt at the accent, bottom line is Michelle isn't that great an actress. If the Corrie bosses wanted a character with a Northern Accent they could have hired a Northern actress, but I don't think they did. I think she has just tried to do a Northern accent and failed miserably For all the years Michelle has appeared on tv programmes and went to drama school her acting is pretty poor and is easily out shined but some of the Corrie cast. Time will tell over the coming months whether she is involved in any major storylines or is she just stuck behind the bar at the Rovers every episode she appears in. If it's the later the she is for the boot.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

alan45 (12-05-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakes_stuff View Post
    Hmm, so even though the actress herself has said she is there for at least another 12 months you still think the sun spoilers are still correct? interesting........
    She is getting her excuse in early or else she fancies a pay rise. Remember the equally useless Ms Ford claimed that she was heading back dahn sarf for the sake of her family. She gets a pay rise and stays. Quelle suprise. Michelle Collins will be gone within the year. She has become one of the most unpoular additions to Corrie in recent years

Thread Information