Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhere only we know, new shannis script

Somewhere only we know, new shannis script

Somewhere only we know, Part 1

I sit up on my hospital bed, gently pushing on the rails at either side so I can see the warm bundle that I am holding properly. I rest my back on the bed head and slowly look down. A rush of emotions comes through me as I see the tiny baby in my arms, its little legs slowly moving up and down as if to tell me something. I can't believe that after all that had happened I finally had the thing I wanted more than anything else. Well, the two people that I wanted really.
    Dennis pulled his chair in closer, making a slight squeaking noise as he scrapped the floor. He put his warm hand on my arm and looked into my arms, a smile spreading all over his face. I smiled back, we didn't need to say anything, everything was said for us.
    He kissed my cheek and then leant down and kissed our little girls head, stroking her dark hair at the same time. He sat back down and smiled again at me. "She looks just like you" He said, pointing at her and then at me. I frown. "She looks like you, not me" I replied, looking down for the millionth time at my precious baby.
    "Well, either way, she's beautiful. Just like her mother." He leaned over and gave me a long kiss on the lips, running his hand gently down my arm, making sparks fly off in the pit of my stomach. No one had ever had that effect on me, but whenever he was near me it was like the most beautiful feeling ever imaginable, one which I thought I would never experience. I had all I had ever wanted and no one was going to take it away from me...

I wake up slowly, my senses taking longer to come out of their slumber for all the wine had drunk the previous night. I sit up and look for Dennis and my bay, yet all I see is a dark, dingy, dank bed-sit. Bottles of wine scattered across the floor and a empty packet of painkillers next to me. I hold my arms out, wanting Dennis to hold me, and to give me my baby, yet no one comes. It then dawns upon me that Denis isn't there, and there is no baby. It was all a dream. That was how it was going to stay. Dennis didn't want me, and I was never going to have the baby that I so desperately longed for. Even if I was with Dennis, I still wouldn't be able to give him that. Never.
    Maybe it was a good thing that I wasn't with him. I didn't deserve him. I had left him when he needed me most and now he probably hated me. Maybe he is with someone who is making him truly happy and that can give him what he wants more than anything else. A family. Perhaps some time in the future he will be at the hospital, holding his baby, being made happier than he ever imagined. He deserved that, I shouldn't rob him of his dream, filling his life up with shallow emptiness.
    Perhaps that's all I do to people. Contaminate people. I've done it to dad and mum. It was probably her fault that she became an alcoholic. If I hadn't been adopted by her and dad, then they would of been happy and she wouldn't have turned to the bottle. I ruin peoples lives.
    I rummage in my bedside drawn frantically, leaning half out of my bed trying to find the box I needed. I locate it at the back of the dense drawer and fish it out. I open it hastily, pulling out the rows of tablets, popping the seals on each one and swallowing each one in turn with some vodka that I had also found in the drawer.
    This way I was helping people, no-one would be contaminated by me now, they would be free of me forever…

NOOOOO! dont let sharon die! get sharon and dennis back together! and i actually thought the baby was real (there should be a shannis baby! lol). like the new script though, please post more soon

I will soon, probs on monday, i've got to finish part 2 first though!

This is in Dennis' view and the next part will be in Sharons. For Di marco.
    Somewhere only we know, Part 2

I wake up slowly and find Sharon cuddled up as close as possible to me. Her hair was gently sprayed across my arm and her legs were wrapped around mine, entwined together. She was still asleep so I moved carefully closer so not to wake her. I pulled my hand up from under my pillow and trace her face like an artist painting a picture, and smiled pleased with my masterpiece; it was perfect, there was not a single freckle, curve or skin tone that I would remove,
    I move the hair off my arm and let it pour out of my hands, the golden wisps shinning in the sunlight that was starting to flood through the window. I softly kiss her lips and then move even closer to her. This was how it was going to be from now on. No one was going to take it away from me…

I woke up with a jolt, sitting upright so fast that a shooting feeling goes through my back. I rub it with my hand, trying to ease the pain, yet it has no real effect. I look to the other side of me, to see if Sharon was still asleep or if she had silently woken, yet there was no-one there. The other side of the bed was untouched. No-one had slept there.
    I then remember that Sharon didn’t even know where I was and how I had planned for it to stay that way. As much as I wanted to see her again, to be with her more than anything else, she though that Zoë was pregnant with my baby. She probably didn’t even want to be with me. She probably hated me. When she found out Zoë was ‘pregnant’ it must have been like we were rubbing it in her face. No wonder she had left me, it would have been horrible for her to stay.
    So I had decided to not follow her when I found the truth about Zoë. Even though I could now tell her that Zoë was not pregnant, she still probably hated me for putting her through so much. Ever since I had come into her life all I had done was mess her life up, saying that I loved her, and then leaving her and being with Zoë. Then, when we got back together, I had forced her to leave her family behind and then slept with Zoë so it looked like I had got her pregnant. Why did I deserve her? I didn’t.
    I lie back down on the old mattress and close my eyes, trying to block out the sight of the grotty bed-sit. I shut my eyes as hard as possible, making my head throb. I don’t care though, as long as I can block out everything, to forget everything. The pain seems to block out everything and I begin to enjoy it. But it stops working and all I see is Sharon. All my memories of her, all that had happen to us over the past two years. I then realised that I couldn’t let it all go. I could never forget her, and surely I would regret never seeing her again. To lose her forever. Forever.
    I quickly get dressed, pulling anything on. I find my bags and shove all of belongings in it, grabbing scattered clothes off the floor. I come across the shirt that Zoë had given me for our ’seven week anniversary’. I rip in half down the seams and chuck it the bin. I didn't want anything to remind me of that idiot. That stupid, clingy, possessive, life-ruining, selfish annoying idiot.
    I then move on to the bedside cabinet, scooping up all the things that were littered in there. A single tear slowly runs down my face as I come across a photo of me and Sharon on holiday. We were in the bar beside the pool and Sharon was sat on my lap with one arm around my neck and her other hand holding mine. She was smiling at me and I was smiling back. She looked beautiful with her long blonde hair falling angelically below her bronzer shoulders, her eyes sparkling like the pool in the distance, inviting me in, looking so radiant. Her long tanned legs crossed, entwined with mine, her warm smile that made you forget everything else, her curvy sun-kissed body and her long pretty hands that were wrapped around mine. How could I have ever left her? How could I have ever slept with another woman?
    I kissed the picture of her and put it carefully in my bag. I finished packing and opened the door, exited and slammed it loudly, not caring who I woke up in the process.
    I was going to find her. I had to...

WOW, that was so great! it was so detailed and you could really picture the atmosphere and emotions. dennis needs to find sharon quickly! hope theres more to come soon, i really enjoy reading it

Excellent script! Keep them coming

This is sooooo Moving, i'm nearly in tears.Brill writing.More please!!!
    Luv ya Layne
    xxx

Thanks everyone! You're so sweet!
    Here's part three, sorry it's so short and a slightly unlikely scenario!
    Somewhere only we know, Part 3

I begin to feel ill and the room begins to spin, all the pieces of furniture mixing together until I can no longer distinguish them as individuals. I try to sit up, yet I tumble off the bed, unable to stay upright. I feel myself hit the hard floor, the carpet scratching my face as I scrape across it. I can no longer see at all, even though I my eyes are open. I must be dying.
    But that’s what I want, right? To die. I wanted to leave everyone behind, to let them get on with their lives without having me as a burden.
    Why couldn’t I go back in time, put right all that I had done wrong. Never of married Grant or slept with Phil. Then I would have never became infertile. Then when I found out dad had never died I should of told him about Dennis straight away. Made him accept it. I should never have rejected Dennis. I needed him. I wanted him more than anything else. Why did everything have to be so complicated? My head is spinning not only with the overdose but with all the thoughts that are going through my mind.
    ‘Oh simple thing where have you gone? I’m getting old and I need something to rely on. So tell me when you’re going to let me in, I’m getting tired and I need somewhere to begin.’
    I begin to regret taking the overdose. I want Dennis, my knight in shining armour to come and stop what I was doing. I wanted him more than ever. I didn’t want to leave him, to never see him again. I try and call out, try to shout out his name, to get him to come. I only let pout a little squeak, my throat burning so I stay silent for a few moments. I hear footsteps coming down to hallway, fast footsteps with a bag being dragged across the floor.
    I gather all my strength a shout as loudly as I could, yelling anything, not caring what I said, as long as they heard me. I ear them coming closer to the door.
    That’s when I collapse.

Footsteps-DENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tee hee I love this so much it's amazing. In the first part I was reading and I thought you were makign them happy-grrrrr damn you! Tee hee! But by the time it came on the second time i knew it would be a dream of course and yet still it seemed to give us an insight into Dennis' thoughts! Bless! I feel for them both and yet I see this glint of happiness just waiting to emerge! Love it doll-face!

Verity! xxxx

Thanks! I don't think it's that good - not compared to everyone elses scripts. This is only the second I've wrote, and I got a bit stuck on what to write. I went on the BBC borad for about a year, but our email wasn't working so I could never register. <<Begin's to cry>> So I could never post anything or reply. It was so annoying. I read most of you're scripts on there, and it was annoying that I couldn't reply. So, to make up for it...THEY WERE ALL BRILLIANT. There, all said. Thanks for replying! Lauren xxx

Thread Information