Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie

Exclamation Robbie

Emmerdale bosses have today (April 4) announced the casting of television newcomer Jamie Shelton as a new bad boy character.

Shelton, 21, is to play troublesome Robbie - who stirs up life at Home Farm when he makes his arrival later this year.

Robbie shares a connection with ruthless businesswoman Megan Macey (Gaynor Faye) and his presence sees her confronted with a past she had hoped to forget.

© ITV

In real life, Shelton was born in Manchester and he has previously appeared in Innit the Musical at the Lowry theatre in Salford.

Shelton commented: "I'm really excited to be joining Emmerdale. Robbie is going to be a great character to play."

Emmerdale's series producer Stuart Blackburn added: "I'm delighted to welcome Jamie to the cast. Robbie will certainly stir things up at Home Farm. He is a tough nut to crack and it will be a while before we get past the 'front' Robbie is well used to putting on."

Show bosses have also teased that Robbie's arrival "will test the loyalties of everyone around him" and could expose some skeletons that Megan had hoped to hide.

Shelton will soon begin filming his first Emmerdale scenes ahead of his screen debut in May.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (04-04-2012)

Is he her son?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is he her son?
    Probably Declans
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (04-04-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Probably Declans
    That would be better

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is he her son?
    Yes

Emmerdale star Gaynor Faye has promised that viewers will better understand her character Megan Macey when the businesswoman's long-lost son turns up.

Last month, show bosses announced that television newcomer Jamie Shelton had been cast as Megan's son Robbie, who will be a new bad boy character for Home Farm.

Faye told PA: "This is why she is the way she is - because she's had this skeleton in her closet.

"Now we meet him and all of a sudden you understand a bit more about her. It makes her a bit more three-dimensional."

However, Faye admitted that she is keen for Megan to stay ruthless and bitchy regardless of the storyline.

She said: "I want her to keep on her nasty path. I don't want her to go all mumsy and cosy. I don't think she will. There's evil in her yet."

Programme chiefs recently teased that Robbie's arrival will "test the loyalties of everyone around him" and spark "struggles for power".

Emmerdale airs weeknights on ITV1.

Emmerdale's new recruit Jamie Shelton has promised that viewers can expect "nasty" and "devious" moments from his character Robbie Lawson.

Robbie makes his debut on the soap this week as his mother Megan Macey (Gaynor Faye) decides to make contact with him for the first time since putting him up for adoption when he was a baby.

When Robbie later arrives at Home Farm to see his mum, an argument follows between the pair - but Megan's half-brother Declan (Jason Merrells) is determined to get them on good terms.

Shelton told itv.com: "[Robbie] comes down to Home Farm to check it out and see who she is, and it doesn't really go to plan from her point of view. He's not going to give her an easy ride, he's not going to say, 'Be my saviour'. He's going to manipulate the situation so he comes out on top. That's the sort of person he is."

He continued: "It's really interesting to play a character like Robbie. He's not like me at all. I've not been in his position - he's got nobody and he's on his own. He's quite nasty and devious, but there's reasons for it. He's not doing it because he's a nasty, nasty person - he's doing it because he's trying to protect himself.

"Ultimately people aren't just nasty for no reason, there's a reason to it. And I want to find out why he's like that - I'm excited to do it."

Shelton also hinted that Declan's partner Katie Sugden (Sammy Winward) will not be impressed by Robbie's arrival.

The actor said: "He does whatever he can to put himself in a more powerful position, just to protect himself. Robbie's trying to think how he wants Declan to feel, how he wants Katie to feel - I think she sees him for what he really is."

Emmerdale airs Robbie's first scenes tomorrow (May 16) at 7pm.

Emmerdale star Jamie Shelton has revealed that his bad boy character Robbie Lawson will finally make some friends in the village.

Robbie has been appearing on screen since May, but has spent most of his time caught up in the dramas and struggles for power at Home Farm.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Shelton explained that Robbie will now be interacting with some different faces.

Shelton commented: "The plan is to get me working with some of the other youngsters and see who I bounce off well.

"It'll be interesting to see which of the girls that is. I don't know who would go for Robbie, because he's got such a terrible reputation! He is a bit of an oddball, isn't he?"

However, Shelton also confirmed that Robbie will continue to hold a grudge against Katie Macey (Sammy Winward) for her recent scheme to set him up on CCTV.

He said: "Robbie wants Katie to get what's coming to her. She embarrassed him and exposed a horrible side of his character on that video, so he wants the worst things possible to happen to her now.

"I don't think Katie deserves that, myself. In my opinion, she hasn't done too much that's wrong."

Emmerdale star Jamie Shelton has revealed that his bad boy character Robbie Lawson will finally make some friends in the village.

Robbie has been appearing on screen since May, but has spent most of his time caught up in the dramas and struggles for power at Home Farm.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Shelton explained that Robbie will now be interacting with some different faces.

Shelton commented: "The plan is to get me working with some of the other youngsters and see who I bounce off well.

"It'll be interesting to see which of the girls that is. I don't know who would go for Robbie, because he's got such a terrible reputation! He is a bit of an oddball, isn't he?"

However, Shelton also confirmed that Robbie will continue to hold a grudge against Katie Macey (Sammy Winward) for her recent scheme to set him up on CCTV.

He said: "Robbie wants Katie to get what's coming to her. She embarrassed him and exposed a horrible side of his character on that video, so he wants the worst things possible to happen to her now.

"I don't think Katie deserves that, myself. In my opinion, she hasn't done too much that's wrong."

Emmerdale troublemaker Robbie Lawson messes with the wrong person next week as he starts targeting killer Cameron Murray.

When Robbie tries to impress Debbie Dingle by winding up Cameron (Dominic Power) as much as possible, he soon finds himself in a dangerous situation as the sinister villain bundles him into the back of his van and holds him captive.

Here, Jamie Shelton - who plays Robbie - chats about the potentially deadly showdown.

How is Robbie finding working for Debbie?
    "Robbie is enjoying it very much. He's in a position where he feels that he's got power in the village. Obviously Robbie doesn't really get along with a lot of people in Emmerdale, but this new job makes him feel important and he likes that."

Does Robbie ever feel that Debbie is taking advantage of him?
    "Well, Robbie has probably underestimated Debbie, but at the moment he thinks that he's on equal terms with her. Robbie knows that Debbie thinks she has the upper hand, but as far as he's concerned, he's where he wants to be and he's happy doing what he's doing. That's why he's letting it happen."

The pair of them start selling knocked-off booze, but does Robbie ever worry that he's getting in too deep with Debbie's schemes?
    "No, I don't think he does. I think he's a bit oblivious to the whole thing. I think he'd even be willing to up the ante a little bit and get in even deeper. Robbie thinks that he can look after himself and he thinks he's in control.

"I don't think Robbie sees the dangers that could come from his and Debbie's actions. He's a city lad who's come to a little village and he won't be ruled by anyone there. He's very confident and boastful about whatever he does."

The tension begins when Cameron kicks Robbie out of the pub for trying to sell whisky to Zak. Does Robbie feel threatened by Cameron at that point?
    "Well, I don't think Robbie knows too much about Cameron and his dark side. He probably only knows just about as much as Debbie does, as I suppose Debbie and Robbie may have had conversations about Cameron off-screen. Robbie just sees it from Debbie's point of view and therefore he's obviously not going to like Cameron. He'll make that quite clear, wanting to make Cameron feel as uncomfortable as he can.

"When Robbie sells the booze to Zak at the pub, it's a way for him to stamp his territory and say, 'I don't like you, I'll do what I like and you can't stop me'. He's trying to push Cameron, but he doesn't realise what Cameron is capable of."

Robbie warns Cameron to leave him alone because if he hurts him, the knock-on effect is that he'll hurt Debbie and that will hurt Sarah. How does Cameron react?
    "He doesn't react very well at all! It's the first proper confrontation that Robbie and Cameron have. Robbie brings up Sarah in that way because he wants to push Cameron. It gets physical and it becomes a bit more serious then, but obviously Robbie loves that. He loves the fact that Cameron grips him up, because he think he's got one over on him.

"Unbeknownst to Robbie, though, Cameron's not a talker - he just does things. He's not the type of person to threaten someone and not follow it through! Robbie's in a position where it's not going to end well for him, whatever happens!"

How does Robbie and Cameron's showdown in the pub cellar come about?
    "Robbie is making nasty comments at the pub and he gets a drink thrown at him by Chas. He doesn't get any backing from Debbie when she sees this, even though he's only been winding up Cameron to impress her! Debbie isn't impressed and Robbie feels that he's been embarrassed by everybody.

"Robbie storms out of the pub and sees an opportunity to get back at them. It's a rushed decision with no planning behind it. It shows the immaturity of Robbie as a person. He goes down to the cellar and he doesn't know what he's going to do at first, but then he sees some bottles and starts smashing them. But Cameron overhears!"

How does Robbie feel when Cameron confronts him?
    "I think there's a little bit of fear from Robbie, as they're in a situation where they're all on their own. Robbie can see that Cameron is being a bit more serious now. Cameron says, 'We're on our own now' and makes a threatening gesture.

"For Robbie, he realises that it's serious and it's now a flight or flight situation. He chooses flight, which does suggest that he's a bit of a coward!"

It sounds like Robbie can see that Cameron means business…
    "Robbie knows that it's going to get violent, basically. In their previous confrontations, Robbie felt like he had control of the situation. He didn't think that Cameron would retaliate. Yes Cameron gripped him up, but it was just a threat. However, in the cellar there's a different mood and atmosphere.

"Cameron doesn't get angry, and that's what's more threatening. He's very calm and specific towards Robbie. When he makes that threatening move, it shows that he's ready to fight, so Robbie decides to leg it and get out of there."

What happens next?
    "Robbie legs it out of the cellar doors, and Cameron chases him round the back of The Woolpack. Robbie takes a little bit of a stumble which slows him down, then Cameron whacks him up against the side of the van.

"Robbie is still cocky as he feels that he has nothing to lose after being caught. But then Cameron gives him a little punch to the ribs, which brings Robbie to his knees and basically he can't breathe. Cameron has physical power over him then and can shove him into the back of the van.

"In the van, Cameron ties Robbie up with some tape. His mouth is covered and he can't retaliate - he's powerless. The fear hits home!"

Viewers will know that this is exactly what happened to Alex. Does Robbie realise how much danger he's in?
    "I don't think Robbie feels, 'Oh, I'm going to get killed here!' He just think he's going to get a pasting. But it's the calmness of Cameron that's most worrying. Cameron doesn't seem unsettled by this situation at all, and that's more worrying for Robbie.

"Cameron has got him in the back of the van and he says, 'Look, you've made me do this'. That's when the fear kicks in. Robbie isn't quite sure what's going to happen."

But then Chas finds them both!
    "Yeah, she comes out of The Woolpack and shouts Cameron's name. Robbie hears that and tries to scream, but then Cameron quietens him down. He thinks Chas has gone again, but then the van door opens and there she is.

"More than anything for Chas, it's a sense of total confusion. She has no idea what's going on here, and she asks Cameron what he's doing. But you'll have to wait and see what happens next!"

Are you excited to be playing a part in such a big storyline for the show?
    "Absolutely! Working with Charley Webb, Jeff Hordley, Lucy Pargeter and Dominic Power has been fantastic. They all have such a strong ability, so working against them is quite invaluable for me, actually. I'm blessed to be working with such strong characters. The other actors give you a lot in their performances, so you can give a lot back.

"I feel like all of those different characters bring out different traits from Robbie, and I try to make sure he has a unique relationship with each one. All of those actors allow me to do that.

"Obviously the material we're working with is an additional help, and it's great for me because I'm plunked right in the middle of a big storyline. Each of the characters feels strongly towards Robbie in some way, so to be part of that is amazing."

Thread Information