Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Dance for Comic Relief

Let's Dance for Comic Relief

Steve Jones and Claudia Winkleman are to present a new celebrity dance show on BBC One as part of the 'Red Nose Day' charity campaign next month.

Let's Dance for Comic Relief' will feature celebrities recreating classic dance routines as solo dancers, couples and groups. To survive on the show, they will have to impress the judges and the public.

During the four-week series dance routines from films such as 'Saturday Night Fever' and 'High School Musical' will be recreated using pop songs such as Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' and Britney Spears' 'Baby One More Time'.

Jo Wallace, Executive Editor, BBC Entertainment, said: "I'm delighted to bring what will be a brand new entertainment format to the Comic Relief portfolio. It's exciting to have Claudia and Steve on board as presenters and the celebrities' iconic dances will have BBC One viewers glued to their screens!"

The lineup of celebrities taking part in Let's Dance For Comic Relief has been revealed.

Comics Jo Brand, Keith Lemon, Paddy McGuinness and Robert Webb and Dragons' Den trio Peter Jones, Duncan Bannatyne and Deborah Meaden will participate in the TV fundraiser.

Also competing are children's entertainers Dick & Dom and former Blue Peter presenters Anthea Turner, Tim Vincent, Mark Curry, Diana Louise Jordan, Peter Duncan, Peter Purves, Janet Ellis and Helen Skelton.

Each week the celebrities, who will perform solo, in duos and as groups, will be asked to perform iconic dance routines ranging from Saturday Night Fever and High School Musical to pop classics such as Britney Spears's 'Hit Me Baby (One More Time)' and Michael Jacksons's 'Thriller'.

A team of choreographers and stylists will work with the celebrities to reproduce the famous routines for a live studio audience.

Strictly Come Dancing's Anton Du Beke will head the judging panel, which will feature rotating guests each week. Viewers and the judges will select their favourite dancers, who will make it through to the final.

Claudia Winkleman and T4's Steve Jones will host the show, which launches on BBC One on Saturday, February 21. It will run for four weeks, culminating on Red Nose Day weekend Saturday, March 14.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (05-02-2009), Rawnie (04-02-2009)

KEITH LEMON!
    I'll be watching, purely for seeing Keith Lemon dance again

Hold on... Steve Jones is presenting? Wow. I think I just died
    Comic Relief is going to be AMAZING this year. Can't wait!

this looks like such a laugh!
    although, is it replacing Celebrity Fame Academy? that would be a shame...
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Comics Jo Brand, Keith Lemon, Paddy McGuinness

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Comics Jo Brand, Keith Lemon, Paddy McGuinness

I had to check out who this KEITH LEMON was... never heard of him

http://www.itv.com/Entertainment/com...n/default.html

This should be good

i have this vision of jo brand dancing! it sounds good money maker for comic relief
    Last edited by Katy; 09-02-2009 at 18:33.

did anyone else watch it last night? it was pretty good, nice bit of family fun for a saturday night. and oh my stars and garters how good was robert webb?! i totally thought it was a woman at first!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Thread Information