Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge

Revenge

US drama Revenge will air in the UK on E4.

The ABC series, starring Emily VanCamp, will premiere on the channel later in 2012.

Revenge follows Emily Thorne (VanCamp), a young woman who is intent on getting even with those who wronged her and her father, who was framed for a crime he didn't commit.

Golden Globe-nominated Madeleine Stowe (We Were Soldiers) also appears in the show, while the pilot episode is directed by Phillip Noyce (Salt).

"This primetime soap is a delicious guilty pleasure encompassing all the money, power and privilege of the Hamptons and a young woman set on revenge," said Channel 4's head of acquisitions Gill Hay. "It's a compelling watch, which I think E4 viewers will find addictive."

Dayna Donaldson of Disney UK & Ireland added :"Revenge is one of the buzziest, juiciest series around at the moment - ABC Studios have produced a winning combination of intrigue, darkness, and sheer glamour, which is universally entertaining. We're confident that E4 viewers will quickly be hooked."

Revenge will make its UK debut on E4 later this year. In the US, the series premiered on ABC in September, where it is the second highest rated new drama on US television.

..Revenge star Joshua Bowman has explained why he thinks the US show will work for English audiences when it starts here later this year.

The Berkshire-born actor says that despite appearances, the series has a lot in common with transatlantic hit Downton Abbey.

"It's got a similar undercurrent to it, where there's lots of secrets and stuff going on," he explained.

"So I think it will work, hopefully it will."

Joshua, who used to be in Holby City before moving stateside, plays heir to a fortune and love interest to Emily VanCamp's character Emily Thorne in the show.

And he had nothing but praise for his co-star.

"She's fantastic," he said. "Extremely talented and I learn from her every day."

::Revenge is set to air on E4 later this year.

Revenge sounds like it will be a good programme,can't wait till it starts.As long as it stays on E4 and dosen't move to a channel like SKY1 just like Glee did.

Starts tomorrow on E4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (29-05-2012)

Ok I'm hooked already it really reminds me of the yank's soap opera

The main character I hate is Tyler,I hope something nasty happens to him soon.

Quote Originally Posted by N.Fan View Post
    The main character I hate is Tyler,I hope something nasty happens to him soon.
    Keep watching

Nolan is a great character my fav as it Emily and Victoria

Jack is cute
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 01-08-2012 at 23:04.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Keep watching
    Cheers I intend too.

I'm glad Tyler finally got what he diserved,by getting set up for franks murder.He was totally unstable.

Thread Information