Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Homeland has cast William Abadie in its upcoming third season.

The Gossip Girl actor will appear in multiple episodes of the Showtime drama's next run, according to Deadline.

Abadie will play an elusive but charming journalist named Alan Bernard. His past television work includes credits on Blue Bloods, 90210, Gossip Girl and Chuck.

Up in the Air actress Amy Morton, Boardwalk Empire's David Aaron Baker, Law and Order: SVU's Joanna Merlin and Prison Break's Tracy Letts are also among the new cast additions joining Homeland.

Exec producer Alex Gansa recently revealed that the new episodes will initially feature "perhaps not as much" of Nicholas Brody (Damian Lewis) as in previous seasons.

"He is the most wanted man on the planet," Gansa explained. "By definition, he's going to be hiding somewhere. And if he's hiding, that limits what he can do."

The first teaser trailer for Homeland's third season has been released.

The 30-second clip, titled 'Signals', is the first preview ahead of the show's US return on September 29.

In the teaser, various phone conversations are overheard, featuring the voices of Saul (Mandy Patinkin) and Brody (Damian Lewis).

Show executive Alex Gansa has hinted that viewers may see less of Brody during the upcoming season, after the explosive events of the season two finale made him "the world's most wanted terrorist".

Lead actress Claire Danes recently confessed that she nearly quit acting before winning a role on the drama.

She told Vogue: "It was grim. I was very hurt. Two years of not working was brutal. And a point came where I thought, 'I really like interior design'. Someone suggested, 'Maybe your real success is in your personal life'."

The show has won a host of awards since its premiere in 2011, including an Emmy and two Golden Globes for Danes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (30-07-2013)

yay quinn is back

yay quinn is back

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (10-08-2013)

Channel 4 has debuted a new trailer for the upcoming season of Homeland.

The Showtime thriller's third season - starring Claire Danes and Damian Lewis - is billed as 'Coming Soon' in the new 60-second promo.

The trail is made up of a number of brief clips featuring Danes (Carrie), Mandy Patinkin (Saul) and a shaven-headed Lewis (Brody).

Fox 21's Bert Salke recently billed the new season as "Homeland 2.0" and claimed that viewers can expect a different, "more emotional" show.

Homeland will return to Showtime in the US on Sunday, September 29 and will get its UK premiere soon after.

Last edited by tammyy2j; 23-09-2013 at 16:37.

The first teaser for season four of Homeland has premiered.

The show picks up its latest run by sending CIA case officer Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes) to Pakistan and Afghanistan for a new assignment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A6vKiOM0Ws

Mathison uncovers a new terrorist plot and is determined to reveal the truth, but finds herself up against heavy opposition from the local forces.

The show's executive producer Alex Gansa recently described season four as a reboot following the departure of Damian Lewis.

Homeland's shift in direction also includes new cast members Corey Stoll, Suraj Sharma, Raza Jaffrey and Michael O'Keefe.

Homeland returns to Showtime on Sunday, October 5 at 9pm ET. Channel 4 airs the show in the UK.
    Last edited by Perdita; 20-07-2014 at 17:07.

Is anyone here watching Homeland? Last night's episode was a real stunner with such a shock ending that I don't think anyone saw coming. The series is on absolute top form at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Is anyone here watching Homeland? Last night's episode was a real stunner with such a shock ending that I don't think anyone saw coming. The series is on absolute top form at the moment.
    I'm not watching this series. I enjoyed the first one but didn't like the second, so I stopped watching after that.

I've been hearing very good things though so I'm tempted to watch again if channel 4 repeats it.

If you enjoyed the first series, Dazzle, you'll love this new series. It started a bit slowly in episodes one and two but has picked up and is now on absolute top form. It is much better than series two & three and right back to its best. Claire Daines and Mandy Patinkin are outstanding. As I said above, the latest episode was an absolute stunner and its shock ending was just incredible and so incredibly well done. I can't rate it highly enough...as you can probably see.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-12-2014), Glen1 (17-12-2014)

Thread Information