Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydave View Post
    do you think that Saul is a double agent? really would be a surprise if he is. After everything that has happened.
    No, I don't think he is mainly because they are making it look like it is him, so it can't be!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

deadlydave (26-12-2012)

Very true. The way he has been kept in the conference room and the lie detector test. It seems like he may be a collateral damage employee. Pin some blame on him and set him up for a major fall. Im loving the way the storyline is going. I just home Alan45 isnt going to spoil it on me by telling me what happens!!

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydave View Post
    Very true. The way he has been kept in the conference room and the lie detector test. It seems like he may be a collateral damage employee. Pin some blame on him and set him up for a major fall. Im loving the way the storyline is going. I just home Alan45 isnt going to spoil it on me by telling me what happens!!
    Well it was .............................................

Seriously. I only ever watched a few episodes of Series 1
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

deadlydave (26-12-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    No, I don't think he is mainly because they are making it look like it is him, so it can't be!
    But could that be Sauls close call? maybe he was thinking "im about to be found out here" Im still pondering as to why he took the time to go to Nazir's watery grave. Why did he have to, did he want to? did he feel closer to him than what he publicly displayed?
    Was it a sense of closure for him? If Carrie couldnt be there to make sure Nazir was dead and burried then Saul would make sure he really was dead and burried....many thoughts....no answers

I just assumed that Saul had been assigned to go to his funeral. I have to say I didn't see anything "sinister" in it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

deadlydave (01-01-2013)

Maybe it was just closure for the whole Nazir process and thats why he went. But then who knows what Series 3 will bring...

I think an even bigger question is who planted the bomb and tried to frame Brody? It had to be somebody with CIA clearance. Langley is one of the most secure places in the world, they wouldn't let anybody in.

It's pretty obvious to me that Estes is the mole but I'm still not convinced that Galvez has nothing to do with it. There's something about him that I just don't trust.

Perhaps Estes moved Brody's car; in order to make it look less suspicious to Carrie and Saul, Estes had to die in the explosion. Remember Estes wanted Brody dead and Quinn said no. What better way to ensure Brody dies in some way than to plant a bomb and kill dozens of intelligence officers? Also, that suicide video Brody made in the first season made it onto the news very quickly. Far too quickly for it to be an afterthought by Al Qa'eda. So whoever moved Brody's car is working with Nazir (or Nazir's people seeing as he's dead). Now Galvez would be my prime suspect; he blends into the background but is always there during important missions, he's always there when a mission has failed due to a leak.

Talking of Quinn, I'm not sure what his motives are. Is he working for Nazir? Is he working for a rival of Nazir's, or a private contractor? I don't think he's truly with the CIA, I think he's a double agent.

So my questions for discussion are:
    1. Who did Brody give the suicide tape to after making it? How did it end up in Beirut and what was the Hezbollah commander doing with that tape? How did AQ get hold of it?

2. Why is Brody being set up, and by whom?

3. To what extent is the CIA compromised with rogue agents?

4. Was the bomb at the CIA a diversion? Was it planted to take out high ranking and experienced officers, so that another, bigger plot can pass under the radar?

5. Why didn't Quinn kill Brody when he had the chance? Why the change of mind, and why threaten Estes if he tries to put a kill on Brody? Is Quinn working for Nazir's group? If so, why didn't he reveal himself to Brody? He was so sure that he was going to kill Brody then he suddenly changes his mind. Why?
    Thanks CrazyLea

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

deadlydave (11-01-2013)

I think an even bigger question is who planted the bomb and tried to frame Brody? It had to be somebody with CIA clearance. Langley is one of the most secure places in the world, they wouldn't let anybody in.

It's pretty obvious to me that Estes is the mole but I'm still not convinced that Galvez has nothing to do with it. There's something about him that I just don't trust.

Perhaps Estes moved Brody's car; in order to make it look less suspicious to Carrie and Saul, Estes had to die in the explosion. Remember Estes wanted Brody dead and Quinn said no. What better way to ensure Brody dies in some way than to plant a bomb and kill dozens of intelligence officers? Also, that suicide video Brody made in the first season made it onto the news very quickly. Far too quickly for it to be an afterthought by Al Qa'eda. So whoever moved Brody's car is working with Nazir (or Nazir's people seeing as he's dead). Now Galvez would be my prime suspect; he blends into the background but is always there during important missions, he's always there when a mission has failed due to a leak.

Talking of Quinn, I'm not sure what his motives are. Is he working for Nazir? Is he working for a rival of Nazir's, or a private contractor? I don't think he's truly with the CIA, I think he's a double agent.

1. Who did Brody give the suicide tape to after making it? How did it end up in Beirut and what was the Hezbollah commander doing with that tape? How did AQ get hold of it?

4. Was the bomb at the CIA a diversion? Was it planted to take out high ranking and experienced officers, so that another, bigger plot can pass under the radar?

5. Why didn't Quinn kill Brody when he had the chance? Why the change of mind, and why threaten Estes if he tries to put a kill on Brody? Is Quinn working for Nazir's group? If so, why didn't he reveal himself to Brody? He was so sure that he was going to kill Brody then he suddenly changes his mind. Why?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post

Some serious questions and thinking points there...

My opinion is that the suicide tape went to Nazir's people when it was made or at least a copy of it anyway.

As for who is setting up brody, there is alot of people who are in the frame for that. Could it of been Quinn setting him up for his own personal revenge and justice instead of being a puppet. Could it of been Saul setting him up? He has warned Carrie about getting so close, is she now collateral damage? After all the explosion now puts him as most senior rank in charge....

As to the rogue ageants within the CIA i think there could be a few of them, maybe 2 but they dont know who eachother are. I think Season 3 will find alot of people caught up as innoccent victims in the hunt for rogue ageants.

Quinns moment of clarity will arrive but my mind isnt fully made up on whaich team he is playing for wether he is rogue or not. i wait with anticipation....

Personally I wouldn't trust anyone apart from Carrie. This show is made by the same disturbing looney's who made 24. That show was full of twisted characters that you didn't know who to trust.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Abigail (18-01-2013), deadlydave (18-01-2013)

Thread Information