Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Yes, I agree with both of you. The series as a whole certainly had its moments and, though the final episode was better than last year's weak ending, it was still a bit of a let down. The biggest flaw in the last episode was the way Alison was dealt with. She should have been held responsible for her part in trying to gas half of Berlin. Also, like you both, I hope Quinn and Carrie are back. Quinn I could just about do without but I would find it difficult to watch without Carrie. She has been the centre and lynch pin of the whole series and besides, Claire Daines is such a brilliant actor. It would be really hard to follow her with someone else.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-12-2015), Glen1 (28-12-2015)

I really can't see Homeland continuing without Carrie, especially given Claire Danes is an executive producer. I too have read there's some doubt about Rupert Friend wanting to return since I wrote my post last night. I'll be disappointed if Quinn dies (although not enough to stop watching), but he'd be highly unlikely to make a full recovery after everything he's been through this season.

I'm glad you both agree Alison being killed off so abruptly was a strange decision. I'm extremely sceptical that Saul would order the team to open fire on the car and kill all its occupants - except as a last resort.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (28-12-2015), parkerman (28-12-2015)

Homeland will use New York as next season's setting, according to reports from TCA. Showtime execs made the announcement Tuesday without revealing much in the way of story lines, but definitely gushing about how "exciting [it is] to see how [the writers] bring it back to the U.S. and reinvent it again," and also noting that the series' end is not imminent. The closest thing to a teaser came in the form of a cryptic update on Quinn, who was not having a good time at the end of last season. "Quinn is very damaged, no question about that," the network's president of programming, Gary Levine, said, according to Deadline. "If he should live, he won’t be in the shape and form he was." Other quotes ("Homeland is a show that killed a lead," thank you very much) seemed to indicate that a living Quinn was not necessarily an idea set in stone, so the only things for sure are the new primary location and these.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/homel...-new-york.html

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-01-2016), Glen1 (13-01-2016), parkerman (17-01-2016)

Rupert Friend Returning for Season 6

With Quinn's fate left up in the air at the end of last season, Friend and showrunner Alex Gansa confirmed at a panel on Wednesday (via a report from Entertainment Weekly) that the character will be back -- although he may not be the same Quinn we know and love.

"I hope he enjoys eating through a tube," Friend quipped.

Added Gansa: "How Peter Quinn's character is gonna be dramatized this year is going to surprise people, and it may not be what you think." (Ghost Quinn? Please no. Carrie's had enough zombie boyfriends.)

The love letter Quinn sent Carrie at the end of Season 5 will be addressed, Gansa promises. "Quinn really put his life in her hands at the end of last season and we will see what decision she made, but that's going to have repercussions moving forward for her and for that idea of Quinn as well," he says.

And Quinn won't be the only character who's returning somewhat unexpectedly. More characters from Carrie's past will be back, and may or may not include Brody's wife Jessica (Gotham's Morena Baccarin) and -- shudder -- daughter Dana (Morgan Saylor).

"There will definitely be some cameos from characters from past seasons. Whether they are the Brody family I'm not going to say, but we are back in the United States," Gansa teases. "It's going to be Carrie's first time back in the country for a long period of time in years and she's going to have old acquaintances to reconnect with and establish a new life for herself, so we're going to see some familiar faces."

Homeland is expected to return to Showtime in the fall.

http://www.tv.com/news/ltemgthomelan...3694908124748/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (31-05-2016), parkerman (31-05-2016)

Homeland Will Incorporate the Presidential Election in Season 6

Season 6 of Homeland will incorporate the 2016 presidential election—but not in the way you might imagine. Showrunner Alex Gansa told Entertainment Weekly that the new season of Showtime's hit drama will focus on the lame-duck presidency in the aftermath of the election.

"The whole season takes place between Election Day in November and the inauguration of a new president in January, during this strange and interregnum where a very fragile transfer of power takes place between the outgoing president and the incoming president-elect," Gansa says. "There is this strange period in America where there are 72 days when it's not exactly clear who's in charge, and there is a new president that needs to be educated on what it means to be president. ... It's a dangerous time in our democracy."

As previously reported, Season 6 will be set in New York.

Homeland is expected to return in the fall on Showtime.

http://www.tv.com/shows/homeland-201...8140273029731/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (31-05-2016), parkerman (31-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Homeland Will Incorporate the Presidential Election in Season 6

and there is a new president that needs to be educated on what it means to be president. ... It's a dangerous time in our democracy."
    You can say that again if you-know-who gets elected!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-05-2016), Glen1 (31-05-2016)

Seems Homeland season 6 will premiere January 2017. Filming will start later this year. Wonder if this delay in screening is being influenced by the actual US election calendar ?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-06-2016), parkerman (13-06-2016)

renewed for 7th and 8th seasons

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-08-2016), Glen1 (15-08-2016), parkerman (15-08-2016)

Channel 4 have announced the uk premiere date for Homeland Season 6, and it'll be just a few days after the US, on the 22nd January at 9pm

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-01-2017), Glen1 (12-01-2017), lizann (12-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    You can say that again if you-know-who gets elected!
    say it again

Thread Information