Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Personally I wouldn't trust anyone apart from Carrie. This show is made by the same disturbing looney's who made 24. That show was full of twisted characters that you didn't know who to trust.
    so carrie is the traitor

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Personally I wouldn't trust anyone apart from Carrie. This show is made by the same disturbing looney's who made 24. That show was full of twisted characters that you didn't know who to trust.
    so carrie is the traitor

Homeland star Damian Lewis reckons that his character Brody's relationship with Carrie (Claire Danes) will be "over" in season three of the drama.

Speaking as he received the Freedom of the City of London at the Guildhall, Lewis commented that the unlikely romance is not "a story that has got legs".

He also added that the volatile couple would make for a very unstable marriage. He said: "They'd be in the divorce courts very quickly."

Lewis also mentioned what can be expected from the upcoming third season, he said fans of the show should expect "ambiguity, death, sex, intrigue - you know, another day on Homeland".

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

deadlydave (27-03-2013)

Cannot wait for season 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydave View Post
    Me neither!

I can't wait for the spoilers to come out about season 3. Has anyone heard anything on the grapevine about what may happen?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydave View Post
    Me neither!

I can't wait for the spoilers to come out about season 3. Has anyone heard anything on the grapevine about what may happen?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Now that the opinions regarding the divisive conclusion to season 2 have begun to pour in, executive producers Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa have already begun discussing where the series may be headed in season 3, and posited some intriguing possibilities as to where the characters who were left standing might be headed come the fall of 2013.

The pair recently took part in a conference call, and according to TVLine, tackled not only inquiries regarding the season 3 storyline, but they also managed to cover some of the lingering questions left unanswered, or made unclear by the finale.

Since it’s likely you have already watched ‘The Choice,’ you know that an enormous explosion ripped through CIA headquarters, claiming the lives of David Estes (David Harewood), Finn Walden (Timothée Chalamet) and his mother Cynthia (Talia Balsam). Additionally, the domestic terrorist attack left Nicholas Brody (Damian Lewis) presumed dead, but on the run, and Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes) seemingly returning to Saul Berenson (Mandy Patinkin) and the CIA, after aiding in Brody’s escape.

Naturally, with Brody on the run, and his marriage having ended (Brody even gave Mike (Diego Klattenhoff) the green light to take care of his wife and children), the question becomes: How integral will Brody be come season 3, and will the rest of the Brody clan make an appearance? According to Gansa, that’s a question the writers and producers are asking themselves at the moment.

Gansa stated:

“[Those] are all open questions for us right now. We had a much clearer picture of what the first two seasons would be than we do of what the third season would be…. Damian’s involvement and [the actors who fill out Brody's family] is very much up in the air.”

The thought of a season’s storyline not hinging on Nicholas Brody, and his connection to the Abu Nazir (Navid Negahban) terrorist network would undoubtedly take the series into new, possibly even more divisive territory. Some would see this as a positive; a sign the series has played out the Brody/Carrie dynamic as best it could, and is now ready to explore other storylines. Meanwhile, many others seem to feel the show was already on a downward slide when it lost Vice President Walden (Jamey Sheridan), and then Nazir, so less Brody may not necessarily be seen as a good thing for those fans.

Besides, how is Brody going to maintain a low profile with his face likely running in a near-endless loop on cable news channels, while unquestionably popping up in all other forms of global media as well?

Gansa says:

“The investigators are going to believe that Brody was actually in his car when it exploded. Plus, Brody does have a head start of a couple of days, and he is privy to Carrie’s best contacts. He has the benefit of that network.”

Still, there are some who feel it was Brody’s plan to blow up his car all along, using Carrie’s feelings for him as a ticket out of the United States. While Gansa admits people are welcome to believe that as a possible avenue for a future Brody storyline, Gordon is quick to warn that scenario is not really what the writers had in mind.

“If you look back on the season, your brain would start hurting to understand why he did certain things if he was partially responsible for what happened.”

At any rate, in a separate interview with Entertainment Weekly, Gansa stated that the writers are keen on approaching season 3 with less emphasis on another catastrophic terrorist strike that Carrie and Saul will try to prevent. If the inference in what he’s saying is correct, then the series could be looking at a storyline that is smaller and more intimate.

“We know roughly what season 3 is. There’s some big muscular moves that we know will happen but there’s a lot to be filled in still. I think all of us on the writing staff would rather not do an impending attack that Carrie stops for the third year in a row. Having said that, we haven’t found that narrative engine that’s going to take us through the third season so I have to reserve judgment. We’re looking for something that’s smaller, that is sort of a little more John LeCarré.”

When you take into consideration the fact that there is still a mole in the CIA, who, according to Gansa may “have been responsible for moving [Brody's] car to in front of the auditorium,” and the underlying history and possible lack of trust between Saul and the enigmatic Dar Adal (F. Murray Abraham), it doesn’t take much to see a little Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy-like inter-agency battle of wits taking place. As such, the assumption at the end of ‘The Choice’ was that Saul might be in line for a larger decision-making role in the CIA, which would conceivably put him in a position to better weed out said mole, and possibly do more good than his predecessor.

There are still several months between now and when production on season 3 would be scheduled to begin, so much of what Gansa and Gordon have discussed could be subject to change. Hopefully, though, some of the more intriguing aspects they’ve brought up will bear fruit, as they sound like an intriguing way to continue the Homeland story.

-

Hmmm why do i get the feeling that my hope for an awesome season 3 may not come to pass, i am hoping i am wrong!!

But from what i read above series 3 def has the potential to untie some knots, iron out some unanswered questions.
    Raising on the point of Brody's family and what role they would take, i def think that there could be some distance in the family story especially involving Brody's daughter Morgan Saylor did an excellent job portraying Dana.

Hesitant but feeling good with anticipation about S3.

David Marciano will not return as a series regular on Homeland, it has been revealed.

The 53-year-old plays surveillance expert Virgil in the Showtime drama, but will not return as a major player in season three, according to Deadline.

The report claims that he may yet return to the series in a guest starring capacity.

Marciano is currently developing a cable prison drama based on a real criminal enterprise that operates from jail.

He is working on the project with his writing partner Steven Pickman and producer Aaron Kaplan, but it is not being viewed as a starring vehicle for Marciano.

Earlier this year, it was announced that Diego Klattenhoff, who plays Nicholas Brody's long-time Marine friend and eventual love rival Mike Faber, would also not be returning to Homeland as a series regular.

However, it has been confirmed that Damian Lewis will return for the upcoming run as Brody, who was last seen crossing the US border into Canada.

Homeland is set to premiere its third season on Sunday, September 29 at 9pm on Showtime, and will air on Channel 4 in the UK.

Last edited by tammyy2j; 12-07-2013 at 16:37.

Thread Information