Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sheila Canning

Sheila Canning gets an unsettling blast from the past on Neighbours next week when she receives a letter from Russell Brennan.

Sheila (Colette Mann) is on a high following a successful date with Clive Gibbons when she's suddenly brought back down to earth by the reminder of her past love.

Next week, Neighbours fans see Sheila head off to an art gallery with Clive after agreeing to give him another chance despite their recent differences over Xanthe.

Both are hugely keen to impress each other, but conversation between them is pretty awkward until they finally come clean and admit they know absolutely nothing about art.

Xanthe and Gary Canning welcome Sheila back from her date in Neighbours
    © CHANNEL 5

Fortunately, the pair's honesty finally gets them on the right track and Sheila is delighted that she might have finally found a good guy.

Xanthe and Gary are also happy to celebrate Sheila's romantic success when she returns home, but her good mood turns sour when she finds there's a letter from Russell waiting for her.

Later on, Sheila confides in Dipi Rebecchi that she's too scared by what the letter might say, but will she pluck up the courage to open it in the end?

Sheila Canning receives a letter from Russell Brennan in Neighbours
    © CHANNEL 5

Sheila dated Russell two years ago, but their relationship ended badly after his violent history with his son Tyler was exposed.

In real life, Russell Kiefel – who played Russell Brennan – passed away late last year. Neighbours bosses had been planning to bring him back for an extended guest stint, but had to go back to the drawing board following the off-screen tragedy.

We'll now see the Brennan brothers' mum introduced to Neighbours instead, but Sheila's letter from Russell will mark the beginning of an emotional storyline.

Matt Wilson, who plays Aaron Brennan, recently told Digital Spy: "They did have to change the story. The writing team came up with an alternative, but they obviously wanted to be very sensitive towards Russell Kiefel's family while playing it out.

"It was very emotional filming everything because everyone was doing it in memory of Russell Kiefel. So this next storyline is very emotionally loaded. Also, it's not just that storyline but what happens afterwards too. We're still filming that at the moment and it goes on for quite some time."

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, July 26 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

MellBee (17-07-2017), Pantherboy (17-07-2017)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours star Colette Mann reveals all on Sheila's new romance and the Canning family's future

"Sheila and Clive have a bit of an upset coming up."

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/45/...anning-2-1.jpg

Neighbours' comedy queen Sheila Canning has a brand new romance on the horizon, as she decides to give Clive Gibbons another chance and agrees to a date with him.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Colette Mann, who plays Sheila, for all the early gossip on the new relationship story and what's ahead for the rest of her on-screen family too.

What do you make of Sheila's new romance with Clive?

"Oh, Sheila loves Clive! She loves the fact that he's the COO of the Erinsborough Hospital. And for me, working with Geoff Paine is an absolute dream because I've known him for years. We once did a terrible theatre show together and we were the only two sane people in it. That says a lot, because neither of us are particularly sane!"

How does Sheila and Clive's relationship progress?

"Sadly it doesn't last very long at this point, but I'm hoping against hope that they will bring Clive back. The producers have said that they will. We have a little bit of an upset coming up, but then hopefully he will resurface on the horizon."

Why is Sheila's love life always such a car crash?

"Well, because nobody can be very happy for very long in Erinsborough – you know that! But I also think nobody wants to see old people kissing. They just want to see the young ones getting at it, so we're just a slightly aged interlude.

"Sheila is actually with another bloke in the episodes that we're filming at the moment, but I can't tell you too much about him. He's the one who breaks up Sheila and Clive, but once he's gone, our producer Jason Herbison has said that he'll bring Clive back again. Clive will come back into Sheila's life with a big bang, metaphorically speaking."

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/29/...-gibbons-1.png

It's been a massive year for Sheila's granddaughter Xanthe, hasn't it?

"Lilly, who plays Xanthe, is the female that I'm closest to in the whole show and she has been outstanding in the storyline with Finn Kelly. She was actually very worried about this storyline when it came up, but she played it with such pure innocence.

"We've got to be careful because of censorship in Australia, since we're on at 6.30pm. But it worked because Lilly played it with such open-eyed wonder. Finn was creepy but she wasn't and I just thought she handled it like a really mature actress."

Will we see a turning point for Xanthe? She still seems quite troubled at the moment.

"Kind of! In the scenes we've shot recently, Xanthe is aiming towards that. I've actually quite liked the way the writers have handled that storyline, because Xanthe hasn't done that thing that we often do in soap operas, where she's suddenly alright again after something terrible has happened.

"They've taken their time with Xanthe finding her way back to normality. We've just shot some stuff which is the beginning of Xanthe coming back into normal life, but that's a good 10 or 12 weeks after what you've seen on air already."

Do you think Sheila was blind to what was going on with Finn for too long?

"I didn't think she was but I know the fans did! When the storyline first came out, I marched up to the writer Stephen Vagg's office and I asked: 'Why aren't I in any of these scenes?!' He said: 'Well, because you'd find out, you'd know, you'd be onto Finn in a flash'. I said: 'You use that excuse far too often with me!' (Laughs.)

"That's also why they had Gary so concerned with Terese, so that he wouldn't be onto Finn either. I don't know what my excuse was – I was probably busy cutting herbs!

"They only really gave me one scene with Finn, which was outside the police station. We actually beefed that up on the day, because Sheila was quite weak in the writing. So I said to Rob Mills, who played Finn: 'Do you mind if I grab you and try to shake you?' The director also said: 'Please do it'. I would have liked a scene where she really gave it to him, but there just wasn't time."

Are you still in touch with your absent on-screen family members Morgana O'Reilly (Naomi) and Chris Milligan (Kyle)?

"Yes, I am. I went over to New Zealand to see Morgana in May, because she was in a theatre show. I'm going back in August because she's playing Stella in A Streetcar Named Desire. So I keep in close contact with her.

"Chris is over in LA with Jenna [Rosenow, who played Amber] and whenever he comes back to Australia, he comes to see me and sometimes stays with me. We speak a bit on Skype, probably about once every two months. He seems to be doing okay over there – he's been doing bits and pieces. He hasn't quite hit the big one yet but I'm sure it's not far off."

Are you still coaching some of the younger Neighbours cast in your own time?

"Yeah, I am. I coach Matt Wilson (Aaron), Jodi Gordon (Elly) and Tim Kano (Leo). I'm also more of a life coach for Lilly and Mavournee (Piper). And occasionally Olympia (Paige) too – depending on what drama she's having in her life, I can be there and give her some advice."

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/28/...buvgvz-8-1.jpg

Who from the cast would you tip to go far in the industry?

"Definitely Lilly and Mavournee. They're funny girls, because they think they're in competition. They get on incredibly well together and they love each other, but they see each other as competition when actually they are so very different – as actors and everything about them. But I can see both of them really making it in this industry and making it big overseas, if that's what they want to do."

Do you encourage the young cast to try their luck in LA? It can sometimes work out really well, but not always.

"I do, if that's what they want to do. I think Mavournee is thinking of staying on [in Neighbours]. Her time will be up fairly shortly, but I feel that she wants to stay on for a bit longer. Lilly's time is up late next year and I've got a feeling that she may go after that.

"But they all have different reasons for doing it – where they want to be and what they want to achieve. Sometimes I feel it might be easier to stay in Australia and work somewhere else, if the work is there. But of course, in Australia the work isn't as abundant as anywhere else."

What would be your dream storylines for Sheila's future?

"I think to have Clive in her bed on a nightly basis! (Laughs.) I also really enjoy the storylines that are family-based with Xanthe and Gary. Whether it's conflict or camp comedy, I really enjoy the scenes with the Canning family together.

"The 'round-the-table' type scenes are ones that I'd like to do more. We haven't worked together much as a family this year, because Xanthe's been off with Finn, Gary's been off with Terese and I've been off with everyone. We get a bit disparate when we're not together."

Would you like the writers to bring in more Cannings?

"There's one other family member that they're talking about bringing in, which would be good. I know that the fans are desperate for people like Dane and Harley to come back, and they'd also like to meet Jackie. I don't know who any of these people are, so I'm not very sure that I want them to come! (Laughs.)

"It's those fans who've been watching the show for many years who keep saying: 'I really want to meet Jackie'. I keep thinking: 'I've got no idea who Jackie is! And I'm not sure I want to meet her!' (Laughs.)

"Chris came back for a couple of weeks in the middle of last year and it'd be great to have him back again. I don't know that Morgana would ever come back. It's not that she didn't enjoy her time, but she's the kind of actress who likes to move on. She's very involved in theatre and writing her own stuff, which is where her passion lies.

"I don't want a full house, I'd like to be able to move around! But we'll see what happens."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (18-07-2017)

clive is younger?

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours' Sheila Canning considers a shocking move in Paul Robinson attack mystery
    Can she keep Gary out of jail?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...shocking-move/

Neighbours' Sheila Canning considers desperate measures to protect her son Gary next week as he's accused of a violent crime.

As revealed in recent spoilers, Paul Robinson will soon be targeted in a brutal attack – and Gary (Damien Richardson) becomes the prime suspect when Roxy Willis comes forward as a witness and points the finger at him.

Mark Brennan is quick to arrest Gary after Roxy's allegations, but he strongly protests his innocence and insists that he's the victim of a classic Paul stitch-up.

Amy also shows where her loyalties lie by accusing Roxy of lying. She even makes a pact with Kyle that they need to forget about their feelings for each other while Gary fights these allegations.

As the repercussions continue, Paul puts pressure on Karl Kennedy to ban Gary from the opening of the tram.

When Karl complies with Paul's demands, Kyle and Sheila work hard to get the tram ready in Gary's absence.

While hard at work, Sheila is shocked to find a crowbar wrapped in a bloodied rag, which has been hidden away at the back of the tram.

It's obvious that this was the weapon used to attack Paul, so Kyle advises Sheila to hand it over to the police as crucial evidence.

Sheila isn't so sure this is a good idea, worrying that it'll be pinned on Gary after Roxy's statement.

Vowing that she won't let that happen, how far will Sheila go to save her son?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, July 29 and Friday, August 2 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MandaPanda (22-07-2019), MellBee (22-07-2019)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours lines up new mystery as Sheila Canning disappears
    Sheila goes missing after hitting rock bottom.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...ry-disappears/

Neighbours' Sheila Canning will go missing after she hits rock bottom.

Sheila (Colette Mann) angers her son Gary (Damien Richardson) after he finds out that she teamed up with Paul Robinson (Stefan Dennis) to sabotage his relationship with Amy Williams (Zoe Cramond), and also the fact that Sheila hid evidence when she wrongly thought Gary was the one who attacked Paul.

In scenes airing next week, Sheila tries to make things up with Gary but her son is adamant he won't forgive her.

The drama affects Sheila at work and hampers her sales pitch.

And things get worse, as when Sheila confronts Paul on why his life has remained unaffected despite his involvement in meddling with Gary and Amy's relationship, Paul mocks her and claims he is better at life.

Sheila is devastated by how things have turned out, and she goes missing.

When Shane Rebecchi (Nicholas Coghlan) says that Sheila hasn't shown up for work, Amy and Kyle (Chris Milligan) become worried about her whereabouts.

Gary believes that Sheila is just seeking attention, but Amy and Kyle call the police when Sheila remains missing the next day. Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor) then shares that Sheila was last seen distressed, leading Gary to start becoming concerned.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (13-08-2019), Ruffed_lemur (13-08-2019)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours lines up more heartbreak for Sheila as Clive gets a new girlfriend
    Drama at the wine-tasting.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...erly-robinson/

Neighbours' Sheila Canning will experience further heartbreak following her break-up with Clive Gibbons as he moves on with a familiar face.

This week will see Sheila (Colette Mann) still upset about the fact that her relationship with Clive is over.

Roxy Willis (Zima Anderson) tries to raise her spirits by throwing a surprise birthday party but this doesn't have the intended effect, as Sheila is devastated that Clive doesn't attend.

Later in the week, Gary Canning (Damien Richardson) tries to help and asks Clive to give the relationship another shot. Clive goes and sees Sheila, and it's there when he shares that he has a new girlfriend.

Next week reveals that Clive's girlfriend is none other than Dr Beverly Robinson (Shaunna O'Grady). Sheila finds out after being encouraged to get out of the house and go wine-tasting event, which Clive and Beverly are also at.

The wine-tasting goes awry when Beverly bumps into Sheila.

This was accidental, but Sheila – who is already upset by seeing Beverly and Clive together as a couple – is convinced that it was deliberate and responds by throwing red wine in Beverly's face.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, September 24, Thursday, September 26, and Thursday, October 3 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Aussieguy (24-09-2019), MandaPanda (24-09-2019), MellBee (25-09-2019), Ruffed_lemur (24-09-2019)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours cheating twist as Clive Gibbons kisses Sheila Canning
    What does this mean for Beverly?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...heila-canning/

Neighbours hints at a possible reunion for Sheila Canning and Clive Gibbons next week, as they share a passionate kiss.

Sheila (Colette Mann) and Clive (Geoff Paine) give into temptation as a heated argument between them takes a surprising turn.

Viewers recently saw Sheila left outraged by the news that Clive had moved on from their relationship by hooking up with Beverly Robinson (Shaunna O'Grady).

Refusing to let go of Clive without a fight, Sheila recruits Aaron Brennan (Matt Wilson) to spy on him next week.

The opportunity arises when Aaron's husband David Tanaka (Takaya Honda) is in the running to present his Finn Kelly study at a prestigious medical conference.

David invites Beverly and Clive over for dinner to discuss the matter further, but when Sheila finds out, she orders Aaron to keep an eye on them and report back.

Aaron fails miserably at following Sheila's orders, so she ends up heading over to the house herself and makes her presence felt.

Clive is furious over Sheila's jealous behaviour and marches her home, where they clash bitterly over their recent tensions.

The row brings old feelings back to the surface as Clive leans in and kisses Sheila. Does this mean Clive will split from Beverly, or is Sheila about to become the other woman?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Friday, October 18 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (07-10-2019), Ruffed_lemur (08-10-2019)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours confirms affair plot for Sheila Canning and Clive Gibbons
    There's bound to be trouble when David finds out.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...ibbons-affair/

Neighbours' Sheila Canning will officially become "the other woman" next week, as Clive Gibbons fails to break things off with Beverly Robinson.

Clive shared a surprise kiss with Sheila (Colette Mann) last week, as an argument over their acrimonious break-up led to passion.

Upcoming episodes will see Clive (Geoff Paine) promise to dump Beverly so that he can reunite with Sheila properly.

Despite this, Sheila is still waiting next week as Clive reveals that Beverly (Shaunna O'Grady) has had a family emergency.

This means that Clive doesn't have the heart to dump Beverly, although he promises an impatient Sheila that he'll do the deed soon.

Grateful that there's an end in sight for the Beverly situation, Sheila reluctantly accepts Clive's excuses. However, when the chemistry between them becomes too much, they end up sleeping together even though Clive is still with Beverly.

Later in the week, Sheila's son Gary (Damien Richardson) confronts Clive over the poor way he's handling the situation.

Gary turns menacing in defence of his mum, but David Tanaka isn't impressed by his behaviour as he watches on.

When David confronts his neighbour for crossing the line with Clive, defensive Gary insists his anger is justified and explains about the affair.

David immediately regrets getting involved, stressing out now that he has a juicy secret to hide.

The doctor even wonders if he should warn Beverly that she's being cheated on, but his husband Aaron is horrified by the suggestion and warns him to leave it.

With David still feeling like he has to do something, will he ignore Aaron's advice?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, October 28 and Tuesday, October 29 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (21-10-2019), MellBee (22-10-2019)

nice to see sheila and clive getting some loving

Digital Spy article:

“Neighbours’ Sheila Canning & Clive Gibbons to face big wedding decision in 35th anniversary.
    Will they finally walk down the aisle?”

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...ding-decision/

Thread Information