Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bossy

Exclamation Bossy

Neighbours chiefs have announced the arrival of a new pet dog for the soap.

Bossy, a 9-week-old Australian kelpie, started filming with the show today (Wednesday) and will appear on screen as a new companion for Kyle Canning.

Ramsay Street's latest recruit apparently had cast and crew "mesmerised with her screen presence" as she made her debut.

Christopher Milligan, who plays the role of Kyle, joked: "Yeah, I certainly feel like I'm playing second fiddle when she is in the scene.

"All eyes are on Bossy, I could be sitting there naked and I don't think anyone would notice."

A Neighbours statement added: "With the passing of Ramsay Street's long-time resident pooch Audrey, the producers were keen to introduce a pup to the show. Milligan's character Kyle Canning, a tradie, fitted the bill perfectly for a four-legged companion."

Neighbours' Australian fans will see Bossy's introduction in late April. The scenes will air in May on Channel 5 in the UK.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-02-2012), kaz21 (01-02-2012), Ruffed_lemur (01-02-2012)

Cute!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

lellygurl (24-06-2013)

oh she is the cutest little thing!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Neighbours chiefs have released new pictures showing the soap's pet dog Bossy bonding with the cast.

The young Australian kelpie started filming at the show last week and will appear on screen as a new companion for Kyle Canning (Christopher Milligan) later this year.

Gemma Pranita and Eve Morey, better known as Ramsay Street sisters Jade and Sonya Mitchell, are among the stars who have enjoyed spending time with Bossy over the past few days.

Morey commented: "We're absolute suckers for puppies around here and this little one is adorable."

Meanwhile, cast members are said to be eager to feature in storylines alongside Bossy in the coming months.

Neighbours' script producer Emma Gordon joked: "Just how the writers explain why Bossy is performing surgery alongside Dr Karl and Rhys Lawson will definitely be worth watching."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-02-2012)

Neighbours has released a new picture showing off the progress of the soap's pet dog Bossy.

Bossy was only a few weeks old when she was introduced to the show as a new pet for Kyle Canning last year. She has now been on set for 16 months.

© Channel 5
    Christopher Milligan with Bossy.

The Australian kelpie's trainer Sally Willis has said that Bossy shares a special bond with Christopher Milligan, who plays the role of Kyle.

Willis commented: "She singles out Chris when she is at the studio and he has a special whistle that she knows - they sort of have their own language.

"Chris is a dog person - he loves them and even though he now has his own, he still heaps plenty of attention on Bossy which she just laps up."

© Channel 5
    Christopher with Bossy as a pup in February 2012.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-06-2013)

How does Bossy do that? Secrets revealed of the Neighbours dog's bad behaviour
    Forget Paige Smith's kidnap and Toadie Rebecchi's marriage troubles - the big talking point for Neighbours fans recently has been Bossy the dog's sudden deterioration.
    After nearly four years on our screens, it's nothing new to see Bossy putting in scene-stealing performances - but she's certainly surpassed herself recently for an emotional plot which has seen Kyle Canning's beloved pet fall ill.
    As Bossy started snapping and growling towards Kyle (Christopher Milligan) and his girlfriend Amy Williams in Monday's episode, viewers were so impressed that they wanted to know the secrets behind her award-worthy acting.
    And when Kyle shouted at his unruly pooch and ordered her off to her bed, how did the real Bossy know she wasn't really in trouble?
    Fortunately, Bossy's real-life trainer Sally Wall Wallis was on hand to provide all the answers on Facebook group The Art of Neighbours on Monday evening.
    Wallis told fans: "This was one of our most challenging storylines to date. It took ages to film but it's good, keep watching. Do you want to know how we do those scenes when Chris yells?
    "Because they have a strong bond, if you notice, the main part of him yelling is just him, no Bossy - she was off set. Then he said 'on your bed' and the rest of his lines, so we see him as angry but she just heard loud words. When she went to her bed, there was a treat waiting for her."
    Aww! But what about the growling? Wallis added: "I'm not sure I could have done it with others but Milligan is wonderful.
    "I just taught her to growl at a sock in my hand and then transferred that to a hand over the head and a signal, so she thinks it's a rough house game. I don't think I could ever actually get the Boss to be aggressive."
    Monday's Neighbours episode saw Kyle punish Bossy for her recent bad behaviour, but he was soon alarmed when he realised that she was actually unwell.
    Concern for Bossy will grow over the next fortnight, leaving Kyle bereft as he realises that he might have to say goodbye to his loyal friend. Could it be the end for Bossy?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-01-2016), Pantherboy (13-01-2016), Splashy (13-01-2016)

It's nice that Bossy has her own storyline. I don't think she'll be put down.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (13-01-2016), Pantherboy (13-01-2016), Perdita (13-01-2016)

When Bossy attacks Jimmy, Kyle fears if the council say she’s dangerous, she will have to be euthanised.
    It has been a tense time for Kyle as he waits for Bossy’s test results to come back from the vet. He hopes to find out why his best friend has been in pain and acting strangely but things are about to get worse for Bossy before they can get better.
    When Jimmy spots Bossy out on the street he tries to get her home but instead she attacks him and he is rushed to hospital. Kyle is shocked when a council ranger turns up after receiving a complaint about Bossy’s agressive behaviour and takes her to the pound.
    Kyle is shocked and wonders who else knew about his dog because as Sheila says, the only people in the know are her, Kyle and Amy, who denies saying anything. Saddened by the news that Bossy has been sent to the pound, Jimmy wants to help get her released by telling the ranger he provoked the attack but Amy advises him to tell the truth. When Paul visits to check on Jimmy he admits to calling the council, worried Bossy might attack again and while Amy is annoyed at first she starts to wonder the same thing.
    After a hearing, the council decides to let Bossy go home if all tenants agree. Sheila is fine with ith and Kyle is thrilled, thinking Amy will be too. However, Amy is concerned about Jimmy, who has been having nightmares since the incident. Fearing Bossy will be put down if she doesn’t agree, Kyle urges Amy to change her mind. Amy, who is used to thinking only about Jimmy’s needs, realises she must consider Kyle now too and gives the okay for Bossy’s return. Just when Kyle is relieved to have his dog back, Bossy bites him and Kyle, guided by his love for Bossy, makes Sheila promise not to say a word.

TV Soap

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (14-01-2016), Summer8 (15-01-2016)

I would rather Amy and Jimmy left than Bossy !

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indigodance For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-01-2016), lellygurl (20-01-2016), Summer8 (17-01-2016)

It was extremely sad today when Kyle thought Bossy would have to be put down, especially the goodbye scenes.

Hooray for Amy!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (22-01-2016), Perdita (22-01-2016)

Thread Information