Thread: Bill Legend Colin Tarrant Suicide Shock

Bill Legend Colin Tarrant Suicide Shock

THE Bill legend Colin Tarrant has died in a suspected suicide aged 59.

Colin, tough-talking Inspector Andrew Monroe in nearly 600 episodes of the ITV show, was found in his bath in Bristol with knife wounds to his wrists, chest and throat.

His son Juma, 24, rushed to his father’s hospital bedside as doctors desperately battled in vain to save his life.

Last night Juma, who has changed his Facebook profile picture to a snap of his dad, said: “I’m too upset to comment further.”

A source said: “This has come as a horrific shock to everyone who knows Colin.No one can understand why something like this could have happened, he was very passionate about life and still really excited about his acting. Colin was found in his bathroom in a terrible state with cuts to his wrists, throat and chest.

“He was rushed to hospital and died the next day. It is an absolute tragedy.”

Colin’s agent Dennis Lyne said: “It has happened very suddenly. I don’t want to say any more at this time.”

Colin, who is thought to have a six-month-old son, had made just a handful of one-off TV appearances in shows such as Heartbeat, Holby City, Casualty and Midsomer Murders since leaving The Bill in 2002.

His tragic death last week echoes the attempted suicide bid by fellow Bill favourite Jeff Stewart, 56. He slashed his wrists in his dressing room on set in 2008 after being axed as PC Reg Hollis after 24 years.

Juma, whose mum is Colin’s previous long-term partner Patricia Woodhouse, is said to have fallen out with his dad over his decision to quit London. Colin and Patricia split more than a decade ago but were said to have remained friends. Patricia and Juma live in Hackney, east London, about six miles from Colin’s former smart home in Haringey.

A family friend said: “I have heard Juma and his dad had a big falling out when Colin announced he was leaving London.

“Juma was distraught when he heard his dad was in a bad way and went straight to the hospital but there was nothing anyone could do.”

In recent years Colin had been in stage shows, including Calendar Girls last year with Kacey Ainsworth, who played Little Mo in EastEnders, and as football legend Brian Clough in Old Big ‘Ead In The Spirit Of The Man.

Theatre: In 2010

Colin studied an English and theatre degree at Exeter University and was a teacher before taking up acting.

He first starred opposite Imogen Stubbs in a BBC adaptation of The Rainbow before joining The Bill aged 38 in 1990.

The Bill was axed in 2010 after 2,400 episodes.

http://www.people.co.uk/2012/01/29/b...2039-23725097/
    Attached Images Attached Images

How very, very sad

Rest In Peace

This is very very sad. Munro was one of The Bill's finest. Rest in Peace

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information