Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2012 **with spoilers**

Denise or Nicky to win

The pairings for this year's series of Strictly Come Dancing have been revealed on tonight's premiere.

The professional dancers opened the show with a choreographed dance around BBC Television Centre, with special appearances from Bruce Forsyth, Tess Daly, Craig Horwood and new judge Darcey Bussell.

Ballerina Bussell also performed an American Smooth-inspired routine with professional dancer Ian Waite, and popstar Mika also made a special appearance accompanied by the Strictly pros.

The pairings for the 2012 series are as follows:

Colin Salmon and Kristina Rihanoff
    Dani Harmer and Vincent Simone
    Denise Van Outen and James Jordan
    Fern Britton and Artem Chigvintsev
    Jerry Hall and Anton Du Beke
    Johnny Ball and Aliona Vilani
    Kimberley Walsh and Pasha Kovalev
    Lisa Riley and Robin Windsor
    Louis Smith and Flavia Cacace
    Michael Vaughan and Natalie Lowe
    Nicky Byrne and Karen Hauer
    Richard Arnold and Erin Boag
    Sid Owen and Ola Jordan
    Victoria Pendleton and Brendan Cole

Judge Bruno Tonioli said of the pairings and the new series: "I am literally throbbing! To the point of hyperventilation. I cannot wait to get my eyes on some of these girls. I cannot wait to see Victoria, Denise and Kimberly performing the raunchy rumba and the saucy salsa.

"Sid and Ola could be the Ricky and Bianca of the dance floor. You can get all the stormy relationships, and more ups and downs then the plot of EastEnders! I'm looking forward to that. Then you've got Nicky and Karen. I want to see the wild side of Westlife!"

Len Goodman added: "Fern and hunky Artem are going to be fabulous. I remember when she was on the Christmas special and I'll tell you what, she can shake it about. And what about Dani and Vincent? Young, fresh and frisky. A couple of dancing munchkins out there.

"And Brendan has got the perfect one - Victoria. Get on your bike, son, she'll say. I've got a feeling they're going to be like a couple on a tandem, going along smoothly right into that final. "

Strictly Come Dancing continues on October 5, where seven celebrities will be performing for the first time with their new partners.

STRICTLY Come Dancing star James Jordan is nursing a broken nose after his wife Ola bust it during rehearsals today.
    The professional dancer received an accidental kick in the face as they practised a group dance for the show’s return.
    But after seeing medics, Jordan is planning to carry on with tonight’s first show of the series in which he will perform with celebrity partner Denise Van Outen.
    He was determined to carry on with the programme for the sake of Denise, who missed her beloved grandfather’s funeral to train and hoped to appear in his “honour”.
    Another pro from the series, Artem Chigvintsev, received a minor injury today when he had a whack in the face from Flavia Cacace’s elbow.
    But he is thought to have escaped with just bruising to his cheek.
    Source; The Sun
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

STRICTLY Come Dancing diva Jerry Hall is having a backstage war with producers who banned her from performing in her own rhinestone-encrusted frock.

Jerry, 56, brought in the gown — complete with huge feathers — and insisted she be allowed to wear it for tonight’s waltz to Marilyn Monroe’s I Wanna Be Loved By You.

But angry producers refused after spending hours coming up with a dress for the Texan model, resulting in tense scenes in the dressing room.

A source said: “Jerry brought in this cream creation and said, ‘Right, I’m wearing this’. Everyone was a bit taken aback as it was quite the dress.

“There were hundreds of rhinestones, and it had feathers sticking out the bottom. It was very elaborate, like something she might have worn on the catwalk.

“But producers told her she can’t wear it as the BBC has a big costume team that makes the outfits for everyone.

“The overall look of the contestants needs to feel right and it’d look odd if one wore something totally ‘out there’.”

Jerry, partnered with Anton Du Beke, has been assigned a blue and black number — but was said to be still determined to wear her dress.

The source said: “She’s digging in for the fight.” The Sun told last week how Jerry insisted on her own MUSIC, selecting a track picked by rocker ex Mick Jagger.

All 14 contestants dance tonight and the first eviction will be aired tomorrow. Johnny Ball is Ladbrokes’ 9/4 favourite for the boot.

Source:The Sun

========
    Last edited by megan999; 13-10-2012 at 13:13. Reason: double post

Ah well that is was you get with "divas".

I really don't like jerry.

Lisa to win...she's my favourite even at this early stage.

Last edited by Katy; 13-10-2012 at 18:37.

Gosh Jerry looked soooooo uncomfortable tonight. Poor Brendan.

Hope Nicky stays

Thread Information