Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Zak Dingle

There were some Christmas storylines in Duncan Lindsay's Metro article for 6th October. One of these was for Zak and Lisa.
    >
    The Dingles could be set for serious heartbreak this Christmas which is set to have heartbreaking consequences for Zak and Lisa…
    >
    http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...447#post832447

Emmerdale spoilers: Returns, shock exits and secrets revealed in huge winter storylines
    Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
    Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 4:46 pm
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/06/emmerd...lines-5424975/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (27-10-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    There were some Christmas storylines in Duncan Lindsay's Metro article for 6th October. One of these was for Zak and Lisa.
    >
    The Dingles could be set for serious heartbreak this Christmas which is set to have heartbreaking consequences for Zak and Lisa…
    >
    http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...447#post832447

Emmerdale spoilers: Returns, shock exits and secrets revealed in huge winter storylines
    Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 4:46 pm
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/06/emmerd...lines-5424975/
    Thankyou - when I first read that I
    thought it meant problems about
    Belle( possibly her mental illness
    recurring) but it could relate to
    marriage problems( affair?) for Zak
    and Lisa?
    They do do some good storylines-its a
    shame they fall back on.well worn ones
    with unbelievable characters so.often.
    Last edited by maidmarian; 27-10-2015 at 07:18.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (27-10-2015), Perdita (27-10-2015)

dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 27-10-2015 at 07:19.

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
    Thankyou - when I first read that I thought it meant problems about Belle( possibly her mental illness recurring) but it could relate to marriage problems( affair?) for Zak and Lisa?
    They do do some good storylines-its a shame they fall back on.well worn ones with unbelievable characters so.often.
    A Zak and Joanie affair storyline would fit the Christmas spoiler.

I'd thought that the Christmas Zak/Lisa storyline was going to be about Belle having a relationship with Kirin, maybe even her being a gymslip mum by him, but it seems that Kirin has no interest for Belle now. Actor Eden Taylor-Draper is 18 tomorrow (28/10/15) with the Tinkerbelle Lisa "Belle" Dingle part written for a 16 year old (17 on 25/12/15). Actor Adam Fielding is 22 but the Kirin part is written for an 18 year old. On screen, the real age difference really shows as Kirin's attitudes and personality seem far too mature for Belle anyway and he seems to see her as his 'little sister' rather than as a serious possible girlfriend. Now he's been cautioned for drug possession (for cocaine, Class A), this is yet more reason why Zak and Lisa won't want Belle having anything more to do with Kirin other than through work.

Adam Fielding has an Irish father and Italian mother which helps to explain why he looks as he does and how he can be a part of the Sharma family.

This week's Halloween Party on Thursday 29th October shows Belle getting upset when she sees Kirin and Vanessa having fun, so Belle drinks far too much and becomes incapable when this reacts badly with her medicine. She gets thrown out of the party around the same time that David throws Lachlan out. Spoilers for next week from Monday 2nd November suggest Lachlan helps her safely home and that Belle later visits him during the week as a friend. This could be another reason why Zak and Lisa's Christmas storyline isn't very rosy? Actor Thomas Atkinson is 16 but the Lachlan part is written for a 15 year old.

Sources:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...#Kirin_Kotecha
    http://emmerdalepastpresent.wikia.co.../Adam_Fielding

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Dingle
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Dingle...29.-a060162696

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...#Lachlan_White
    http://emmerdale.wikia.com/wiki/Lachlan_White
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 30-10-2015 at 10:21.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (27-10-2015), maidmarian (27-10-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
    I dont remember who now -but some poster(s)
    suspected this -a while ago.
    I think I replied to point out that Zac has
    previous form for affair(s) since marrying
    Lisa.
    Dont think he would dare when married to
    Nellie. Wonder what shes doing nowadays??
    Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    zak and joanie affair
    yes i was guessing on other spoilers 2015 thread

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (27-10-2015), tammyy2j (28-10-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    yes i was guessing on other spoilers 2015 thread
    Good guess!! I should have known!
    Last edited by maidmarian; 27-10-2015 at 21:12.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (28-10-2015)

dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 27-10-2015 at 21:12.

Emmerdale spoilers: Zak Dingle to kick out Joanie Wright as he fights temptation

Unable to trust himself, Zak wants Joanie gone.

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    17 November 2015

© ITV
    Joanie is surprised by Zac's reaction

​Emmerdale's Joanie Wright could be left homeless as a result of Zak Dingle's secret feelings for her.

Viewers have already spotted signs that Zak (Steve Halliwell) is starting to see Joanie as more than just a friend, but brace yourselves to see the situation get a lot more awkward over the next few episodes.

Zak is pushed to breaking point when Joanie jokingly pretends to be his wife when they attend a Northern Soul night later this week.

Fearing that he won't be able to resist temptation for much longer, Zak leaves Joanie stunned by suddenly ordering her to move out.

Dan Spencer, Kerry Wyatt and even Zak's son Cain are quick to confront him over the way he's treated Joanie, all baffled over why he'd kick her out without explanation.

Cain has a particularly strong reason to get involved as he's just starting to bond with his son Kyle, who has been brought up by Joanie over the past couple of years.

When Joanie comes back to the Dingle house one last time to collect her things, she gets a big surprise as Zak finally reveals his feelings for her.

© Icon Films
    Joanie collects her things from Zac

After getting shock glimpse of what's going through Zak's mind, Joanie promises not to tell his wife Lisa - but how long can the Dingle patriarch's secret really stay under wraps?

Source:
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...ts-temptation/

Emmerdale spoilers: Zak Dingle's shock affair could be exposed on Christmas Day

His daughter Belle may be about to spill the beans.

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    8 December 2015

Emmerdale's Zak Dingle will face a Christmas Day panic when he realises that his daughter Belle could expose him as a love cheat.

Zak will be left fearing for the future of his marriage to Lisa (Jane Cox) when his recent infidelity comes back to haunt him in tense scenes.

Over the past few weeks, viewers have seen Zak develop feelings for Joanie Wright (Denise Black), which recently spilled over into a shock kiss between the pair.

Although they immediately vowed that it must never happen again, upcoming episodes will see them struggle to resist temptation as they continue to enjoy each other's company.

The storyline then takes a shocking turn on Christmas Eve, when Belle spots Zak sharing another kiss with Joanie and can't believe what she's seeing.

© ITV
    Zak Dingle and Joanie Wright share another kiss

Rather than confront the two of them, Belle gets upset and runs off. Her mood then quickly turns to anger as she tells her friend Lachlan White that she's going to make Joanie pay for what she's done.

Steve Halliwell, who plays Zak, explained: "Zak's had to admit to himself that he has fallen for Joanie. He still loves his wife too, so he's very much in a dilemma about the future. Zak certainly feels bad and guilty about it, but as anyone who's been infatuated with someone knows, it doesn't really have any logic to it.

"When Christmas morning arrives, Belle is acting strangely and there are a few hints from her that make Zak wonder if she knows something about this brief affair.

"Of course Zak is desperate for Belle not to say something. Not just because it's Christmas Day, but also because he knows that this could be the ruination of the family. He's also not quite sure whether he is ready to make any commitment to Joanie, so it's all quite up in the air on Christmas Day!"

As Joanie and little Kyle join the Dingles for a festive lunch to remember, the eyes of all Emmerdale fans will be on Belle as we're left to wonder whether she'll keep quiet or ruin Christmas by revealing all.

© ITV
    The Dingles at Christmas in Emmerdale

Revealing his own thoughts on the storyline, Halliwell continued: "I think it's a big shock, as Zak is a man who has defended family values all his life and has fought to make his sons behave the same way. He'll seem like a hypocrite and Zak knows that himself, as it goes against everything that he believes in.

"I never expected Zak to cheat and I didn't think the writers would want that to happen either, because in some ways Zak and Lisa are the only people left in the village who represent the old family values.

"It's been interesting to do something that I never thought I would have to play, though. I've done almost the whole range of emotions playing Zak over the years, but this is new. The fact that he might now be ostracised by his family is something different.

"I don't know what the writers have in mind, but he could end up a nervous wreck again. He's had a nervous breakdown in the past and this certainly won't be doing him much good mentally."

Emmerdale fans can see what Belle decides to do in an hour-long special on Christmas Day at 6.45pm on ITV.

Read more at:
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...christmas-day/

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (08-12-2015)

Emmerdale spoilers: Dingle drama – will Belle expose Zak’s betrayal to Lisa?

Monday 7 Dec 2015

Metro.co.uk caught up with Steve Halliwell (Zak) and Jane Cox (Lisa) recently, to discuss the storyline which is bound to divide fans of the show.

Explaining his alter ego’s new found lust for Joanie, Steve explained: ‘The way I’m playing it, it’s not written as such, but there’s a massive sense of failure as a man. He’s had a nervous breakdown, he nearly killed his son, his daughter’s gone astray, he’s not been able to make good money to support his family. Then there’s this woman who seems to think he’s a great guy and he keeps playing along with that until he’s enjoying it too much.

‘That’s the way I’m playing it. A bit of romance before it’s all over seems to be the temptation rather than a sexual thing. He doesn’t really know why he’s doing it. He keeps trying not to let it go any further and so does she. It doesn’t stop where it should.’

And both actors admitted that they were shocked when they heard about the storyline.

Steve said: ‘We’re probably the last couple in the village that haven’t strayed so I thought that’s what we represented – the old fashioned loyalty. Perhaps that’s why they chose to do it as it’s a bit more of a shock’.

Jane added: ‘These things do happen. You read of people in their seventies who suddenly aren’t with each other any more so I think it’s a very human story in lots of ways although I might not personally like it. But I think the way it’s been written, you can sympathise with all of the people. Nobody’s perfect; we’re all human aren’t we?’

Confirming that she has her doubts over whether the plot is right for Zak and Lisa, she went on: ‘Well I think I didn’t like it, that’s the honest truth. Because I feel that they were the only characters whose relationship was as solid as a rock and I felt that was a good thing for the village.

‘It’s been very well written so I can buy that these things happen to people. But from my point of view, I’m not too sure they know what they’re doing! But that’s not my job’.

Reeling from what she has seen, Belle confides in Lachlan, who encourages her to take revenge. She takes heed of his advice but it ends up backfiring – so might she go a step further?

As the family sit down to their Christmas dinner, Zak clicks on that something is up with Belle. Can the Dingles make it through the day without a crisis – or is their whole world about to change forever?

Whatever happens, Steve and Jane warn that the consequences would be huge for the whole family if it were to come out and Jane isn’t so sure Lisa could forgive Zak.

Jane said: ‘I think that will be most interesting; the fallout for them all. I mean in life this happens for some reasons and good things can come out of something terrible. It might mean in future there might be a chance for them but it might also mean that there isn’t at all. I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future.’

While Steve pondered Zak’s predicament with a little anecdote of his own: ‘I think that’s a key point in him not being able to stop what he does because Joanie’s a great singer and Zak just listens to these romantic songs and he’s gone. People fall in love with that.

‘I’ve fallen in love with talent myself in my life. Somebody who’s not necessarily the type of woman I would like but I like my jazz and I heard a Swedish young woman singing once and I just completely fell in love. I hung around with her for a while but it wasn’t going anywhere!’

Dark horse, Mr Halliwell!

Results of a Metro Opinion Poll: "Do you want Lisa and Zak to stay together?"

YES - They're made for each other 82%
    NO - Zak has betrayed her 18%

Read more at:
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/07/emmerd...-lisa-5538373/

Thread Information