Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zak Dingle

that said I think Nikhil is heading for OCD or similar, so with that I am sending Emmerdale into 'disorder' central!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post
    that said I think Nikhil is heading for OCD or similar, so with that I am sending Emmerdale into 'disorder' central!!!!
    I was thinking an eating disorder for Nikhil

he is quite young for Alzheimers or dementia, but it isnt unheard of in the 45-55 age bracket..? I guess Zak and Lisa are about 50-55?

as I say, he is quite like my Dad who had dementia, apart from he would get angry and agreesive, and no matter what he did, he would never be in the wrong!! When Lisa reminded Zak last night he had abandonned the van - that with my Dad would have brought on a 'no I didnt!! I havent touched it in weeks..' reaction, but everyone is different

so I am leaning towards post traumatic stress disorder a little....the enormity of the level of violence he used starting to get to Zak sort of thing
    I know a woman of 55 who has Alzheimers. Now she doesnt kow anyone and has turned violent. I feel sorry for her husband and family. Her husband says its like being a widower
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I was thinking an eating disorder for Nikhil
    yes I have that as second choice....too much is being made of his cleaning obsession and his need to run all the time, thats why I sort of leant towards OCD.....?

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    I know a woman of 55 who has Alzheimers. Now she doesnt kow anyone and has turned violent. I feel sorry for her husband and family. Her husband says its like being a widower
    it is an awful illness....the person looks like you knew them? but the behaviour is bizaare and you just dont recognise each other effectively. I lost my Dad about two years before he died. He was late 70's however, to be affected at 55 must be horrendous for al concerned

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

alan45 (24-02-2012)

Maybe his cancer is back

I have moved in with my dad because he has alzheimers and vascular dementia and has had both for 10 years. Looking at what they are doing with Zak it really does look like they are leaning towards either alzheimers or depression. Symptoms can be very similar for both. Although thinking about it, I think Sandy is the one that will transpire to have dementia or alzheimers judging by his behaviour over the past few months.
    Last edited by susannorwebb; 27-02-2012 at 17:42.

Quote Originally Posted by susannorwebb View Post
    I have moved in with my dad because he has alzheimers and vascular dementia and has had both for 10 years. Looking at what they are doing with Zak it really does look like they are leaning towards either alzheimers or depression. Symptoms can be very similar for both. Although thinking about it, I think Sandy is the one that will transpire to have dementia or alzheimers judging by his behaviour over the past few months.
    its a tricky one, because Sandy isnt controlling his diabetes properly - we have seen a potential hypo this week, and we know he drinks to excess, and never checks his blood sugar?! so someof Sandy's behaviour could be that- I think with him we are building to a parental bullying/abuse story, with Ashley becoming violent towards Sandy?

its a tricky one, because Sandy isnt controlling his diabetes properly - we have seen a potential hypo this week, and we know he drinks to excess, and never checks his blood sugar?! so someof Sandy's behaviour could be that- I think with him we are building to a parental bullying/abuse story, with Ashley becoming violent towards Sandy?
    That is what I am thinking too

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

sarah c (27-02-2012)

Emmerdale star Steve Halliwell has predicted that there will be a long journey in store for Zak Dingle before he recovers from his mental breakdown.

The actor's troubled character is sectioned in the coming days after going wandering on the moors in a confused and delirious state.

Speaking on This Morning today (May 9), Halliwell promised a realistic portrayal of mental health issues as Zak receives treatment in hospital.

Asked where the storyline is heading in the long-term, he replied: "I'm not totally certain myself, but Stuart Blackburn the producer likes the idea of consequences of actions.

"Often in soap it gets wrapped up in a week and everyone's shaking hands again. He's very much against that, so I think it'll be a long process - as in life. People don't just get over nervous breakdowns just like that."

Halliwell also discussed the help he has received from the Emmerdale team while working on the storyline.

He said: "The writers have obviously researched a lot of the stuff. We were lucky to have an actor playing the doctor - when [Zak] actually gets taken in - who also worked as a psychiatric nurse.

"So he was very good when I'd say, 'Was that right?', 'Am I doing that right?' He was really like an unpaid advisor through some sequences!"

Emmerdale airs weekdays on ITV1.

Thread Information