Thread: Frostbite at school

Frostbite at school

Funny how I come here when Google fails...

Hoping you guys can help me out here... This may get a bit long so will put it in a list format!

• My little brother had football club after school and they were all playing out in the cold, the parents didn't get told this beforehand (or told to bring warm clothing etc.)
    • Most of the kids, including my brother, were wearing their football kits - Shorts and t-shirts
    • My brother had asked the teacher on three separate occasions if he could 1) get a jumper 2) get his coat 3) go inside, because he was cold and got told "no" at all times. Other kids had asked once or twice too but got told "no"!
    • He came home with about 3 inches of frost bite on his right hand and was freezing cold! Oh and with a few tears of course!

I am absolutely disgusted at how his football teacher thought this was acceptable. We are going to speak to the Head on Monday but what action should/can we expect? Surely they should have taken more care/notice?! Any advice please?

EDIT: I should also add that he (the teacher) was wearing a lovely warm jacket with long joggers!
    Last edited by .:SpIcYsPy:.; 02-12-2011 at 21:27.

Spicy this is disgraceful. My Marley had played football for her primary school team since she was 8 years old and now plays for her high school football team. When she was in primary school they held their matches at the weekend and some places did not have facilities for the kids to get changed. Marley would go in her football kit and wear a track suit over it so when she wasn't playing she could keep warm. Even now her matches are on school days but the teams are allowed to have their track suits on when they are not playing.. I would speak to the school but when Marley played for her primary school team it was run by parents so the school didn't really get involved but the kids should still be allowed to wear warm clothing when they are on the sidelines.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (03-12-2011)

Id definitley speak to the school spicy thats not good at all. I remember at school not being able to play if we didnt have the right kit, or the had some hideous bright blue sweaters in lost property that we could put on if we only had a tshirt!

They must have known that they were gong to be outside so there is no excuse not to have let the parents know before hand it doesnt make muchsense. or if they had forgotten then played in the hall or something. In this weather its so cold and very easy for kids to pick up colds and stuff.

Hope your brothers warmed, Thers nothing worse than being cold

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (05-12-2011)

They should let them wear tracksuits :/ poor souls.

Thread Information