Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyrone Dobbs and Kirsty Soames

Cool Tyrone Dobbs and Kirsty Soames

Coronation Street has announced the casting of Tyrone Dobbs's new love interest.

Natalie Gumede will make her on-screen debut as police officer Kirsty Soames later this year. Her previous credits include appearances in Doctors, Emmerdale and most notably in BBC Three's Ideal.

Gumede said of her casting: "As a Northern lass who's grown up watching Corrie, I already feel at home on those famous cobbles. From the moment I read the script I knew I was going to love playing Kirsty and I can't wait to see how the story unfolds."

The 27-year-old actress added: "This is a dream role for me and I'm looking forward to creating a huge storm in Weatherfield."

The ITV soap's official website teased that the relationship between Tyrone (Alan Halsall) and Kirsty will be "far from an easy ride" as the Weatherfield mechanic continues to move on from his late wife Molly's affair with Kevin Webster.

Coronation Street producer Phil Collinson recently said that the relationship will be a "big storyline across the summer and into the autumn".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    and Kirsty will be "far from an easy ride" .
    Glad to hear it, unlike Molly

She looks a bit like Cheryl

I thought he was to get back with Maria
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 08-07-2011 at 14:57.

Tyrone Dobbs's new Coronation Street romance begins when Tommy Duckworth resorts to desperate measures to get his friend some female attention, a report has revealed.

Weatherfield bosses recently announced the casting of actress Natalie Gumede as police officer Kirsty Soames, who will fall for Tyrone in a forthcoming storyline.

More details about the upcoming story have emerged today as the Daily Star reports that Kirsty's first scenes see Tommy give her £20 to pretend she is interested in Tyrone (Alan Halsall).

However, Tommy's secret plot to cheer his housemate up has an unexpected outcome when Kirsty develops true feelings for the unlucky-in-love mechanic.

After hearing about Tommy's scheming, Tyrone reportedly tells him: "It's all turned out great, so you really are a good friend."

Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson first announced Tyrone's new romance storyline during an interview on This Morning last month.

He said at the time: "A big storyline across the summer and into the autumn is Tyrone meeting somebody who's hopefully going to help him move on from Molly and everything that happened.

"A brand new character is going to come in - she's called Kirsty. I have to say, it's not all going to be a smooth ride for Tyrone - he's got a lot of baggage and he's got a lot that he's got to get over. It's a big story for him over the summer."

Gumede filmed her first Coronation Street scenes earlier this month.

Coronation Street newcomer Natalie Gumede has insisted that her character Kirsty Soames has no ulterior motive in her current scenes with Tyrone Dobbs.

Kirsty and Tyrone (Alan Halsall) have recently begun dating after they met on a night out. Although Tommy Duckworth initially paid Kirsty to speak to the unlucky-in-love mechanic, she has since appeared to develop real feelings for him.

Gumede told Coronation Street's official website: "I think Kirsty and Tyrone's relationship is really genuine. From the outside, it may look a little bit as if she's taking him for a ride, but I think she sees something in him that she really loves - his genuine nature."

However, Tyrone's new romance hits a stumbling block this week when his housemate Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) spends the week feuding with Kirsty in a number of disputes over cars and parking.

"I think Kirsty and Tina's relationship is going to be really interesting," Gumede said. "I think she sees her as probably someone who's quite similar to herself - she's very feisty, she's very confident and a very strong young woman. So I think she's quite threatened by that."

She continued: "I have a feeling that Kirsty will hang around, even though Tina's on her back. She enjoys winding Tina up, and at the end of the day, I know she really likes Tyrone."

Coronation Street continues tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.

does anyone know what her mystery job is? I don't know if i've read this somewhere else, but i've got the idea in my head that she's a traffic warden!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    does anyone know what her mystery job is? I don't know if i've read this somewhere else, but i've got the idea in my head that she's a traffic warden!
    I think you are right

She is a copper!!

well i was kind of close, lol!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Coronation Street's Natalie Gumede has revealed how people have reacted strongly to the soap storyline, often shouting out warnings when she's out and about.
    The 27-year-old actress plays Kirsty Soames, the girlfriend of mechanic Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall), who has been making enemies of Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan).
    "It's great to be part of popular characters' storylines, as you are often shaking their world up, but I'm also aware that change can take some adjusting to. I've already had people shouting 'Leave our Tina alone' and 'You'd better look after Tyrone!' at me in the street," she wrote on the soap's official ITV website.
    "I think Alan Halsall is well on his way to certified National Treasure status, judging by the stern looks I receive from women across the country!" she added.
    Natalie, who joined the soap in September, is looking forward to shaking up the Street even more.
    "Now that Kirsty is moving in with 3T (Tommy, Tina and Tyrone - and now Kirsty - in a two up two down!) I'm looking forward to how their relationships develop further - or not!" she continued.
    "I'm starting to chip away at the heart of Kirsty. I think viewers will be beginning to see an edge to her - she's scrappy and she cannot help but have the last word. What really redeems her is her genuine love for Tyrone, and her sense of humour; she's genuinely funny..."

PA

Thread Information