Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: X Factor (UK) 2012

X Factor (UK) 2012

Louis Walsh is the only judge so far who has been offered a deal for next year's series of The X Factor, according to a report.

However, his fellow judges Gary Barlow, Tulisa Contostavlos and Kelly Rowland must wait until next year to hear if they will be hired again, The Mirror claims.

"Louis is the only judge who has been verbally offered a deal. Despite all the reports that he has been sacked, he is 100% nailed on to be back - if he wants the job," an insider is quoted as saying.

The source also suggests that Simon Cowell has already privately told show bosses that he is keen to keep Walsh on the panel, asking them to start drawing up a contract which could be worth as much as £1 million in order to keep him.

Previous press reports have claimed that Walsh may leave the show and he told former colleague Dannii Minogue in an interview that he is "50/50" about returning to the show in the future.

He added that he does not find the atmosphere as fun as in previous years and said that he "wants [his] life back".

Kitty Brucknell, Walsh's last remaining act in the competition, was eliminated two weeks ago on November 13.

Walsh is the only original judge remaining on the panel. Barlow, Contostavlos and Rowland were all hired this year to replace Minogue, Cowell and Cheryl Cole.

Former Dancing On Ice star Laura Hamilton has revealed she has been in talks to host X Factor spin-off The Xtra Factor.

The blonde beauty told new! how she had narrowly missed the opportunity to front the show last year, with Olly Murs and Caroline Flack eventually taking the roles.

“I met Simon Cowell to talk about The Xtra Factor,” Laura told the magazine.

On last year’s discussions, Laura revealed how she and Radio 1 DJ Matt Edmondson had been in line to take over the ITV2 spin-off show from Konnie Huq.

“I think there were four of us in the running, but obviously Caroline [Flack] and Olly [Murs] got it and I think they did an amazing job.

“I think [Matt Edmondson] actually kind of got the job but then it all changed at the last minute. They keep you on your toes!”

Of course where these new talks leave Caroline and Olly is anyone’s guess, although Olly has confessed to being unsure of a return.

He said last year: “I’ve told them that I’m open to speak about it next year, but I’m not saying ‘No’ and I’m not saying ‘Yes’.

“We’ll see what happens. Presenting is always a tricky one because the more you do it, the more you get typecast as a presenter and I’m not a TV presenter, you know?

“I want to continue doing my singing, but we’ll see what happens next year.”

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the...#ixzz1iyj4FJ2N
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 09-01-2012 at 16:19.

I like Olly and Caroline

Olly Murs has said that he expects to return to The Xtra Factor this series.

The 'Dance With Me Tonight' singer previously hinted that he would not host a second year of the spinoff as he wants to concentrate on his music career.

"It looks likely I will do The Xtra Factor again," he told The Sun. "But I don't want to do any other TV. I don't want TV to overshadow the music."

The 27-year-old added that although his flirtatious act with co-host Caroline Flack had been "a conscious decision", it wasn't long before a natural attraction built between them.

"It was a conscious decision to play up the 'are they? aren't they?' thing but we got on so well that we flirted with each other anyway," he said. "At the start we flirted a lot and people were talking, but now we've got to the end of the series we're just good mates."

Murs also revealed that he is on course to become a millionaire this year.

Estelle has reportedly been approached to replace Kelly Rowland on The X Factor.

The 'American Boy' singer is said to have been lined up for a judging role by Simon Cowell after Rowland expressed a desire to concentrate on her US career.

"Estelle's name is very high on his list now and serious enquiries have been made as to her availability for auditions in May," a source told The Sun.

Rowland recently said that she would love to join The X Factor USA as a replacement for departed judges Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul.

A representative for the ex-Destiny's Child star last month played down suggestions that she is leaving The X Factor, telling Digital Spy that she "enjoyed every minute the show".

Cowell has said that he is open to reshuffling the panel of Rowland, Tulisa Contostavlos, Louis Walsh and Gary Barlow, though the latter confirmed last week that he is in talks to return as a judge.

X Factor bosses have changed the rules to allow acts with managers to audition.

For the first time in the show's history, anyone can enter the ITV1 singing competition, regardless of their professional background or current representation.

Gary Barlow, who is yet to sign a contract for the next series, told the Radio 2 Breakfast show yesterday: "They're letting people apply who already have managers. They're hoping for a more developed artist, more developed group, if they have management."

Thames TV chief Richard Holloway confirmed the news, telling The Sun: "The change means we won't miss out on any talent."

He added that anyone aged 16 and over can enter The X Factor, whether they are "an amateur artist, have had a management deal in the past or have one now".

Auditions with producers start in Liverpool next weekend and continue in Manchester, Cardiff, Glasgow, London and Newcastle over the coming weeks.

Simon Cowell recently confirmed a similar move for The X Factor USA, announcing that he has "torn up the rulebook" to improve the show.

oh please, they always snuck people in anyway! Looking at you Leona Lewis...
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Olly Murs has reportedly announced that he is returning to The Xtra Factor this year.

The 'Heart Skips a Beat' singer will present ITV2's X Factor spinoff with Caroline Flack for a second year running, according to The Mirror.

The 27-year-old, who finished runner-up in 2009's X Factor series, apparently confirmed the news to his fans at a gig in Dublin.

It follows an earlier report claiming that Simon Cowell had given Murs an ultimatum between his Xtra Factor commitments and his music career.

However, the Xtra Factor lineup is not expected to be officially announced until the summer.

The In Case You Didn't Know artist has previously admitted that he is unsure of whether he will continue his role on The Xtra Factor.

Marcus Collins has predicted that Gary Barlow will return to The X Factor this year.

The Take That star confirmed last month that he is in talks to rejoin the panel, though his future on the show was questioned following the announcement that his wife is expecting their fourth child.

Barlow's X Factor protegee Collins, however, said that he is confident the singer will sign up for another series.

"Gary is the fountain of all knowledge when it comes to stories of the music industry," he told the Daily Star. "We're always having a laugh.

"Gary is a great role model, family man and amazing musician - and I think he'll do X Factor again."

On his own future, Collins said that he would be concentrating on the UK music scene and put off trying to crack America like other X Factor acts.

"The other day I saw a picture of One Direction in red, white and blue clothes; really American and wondered what was going on," he commented.

"America might be a little ambitious for me. I want to focus on the UK - it's where my heart is."

Gary Barlow could be forced to quit The X Factor over his commitment to the Queen's Diamond Jubillee celebrations.

The Take That star, who confirmed last month that he is in talks to return to the panel, is writing a song with Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber celebrating the anniversary of Elizabeth II's coronation, touring the Commonwealth for a special documentary, and organising a Buckingham Palace concert to take place on June 4.

Barlow's royal duties are set to clash with the audition stages of this year's X Factor, and although Simon Cowell is said to be attempting to work out an appropriate schedule, it has been suggested that the singer may have to give up his seat.

"Gary wants to go back and Simon wants him but he has got a lot on this summer, namely the Jubilee concert which is taking up a lot of his time," a source told The People.

"This and other projects he is working on mean that unless the audition schedule changes, Gary won't be an X Factor judge for this year's show, which will be a huge blow for Simon.

"He loved the X Factor line-up last year and he hopes that he will be able to keep it the same. It is going to take a lot of juggling around though."

Thread Information