Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter 2011

I don't like driving in it, makes behaviour of cars unpredictable and since I slipped and twisted my knee in January which is still painful at times, I am very wary of it

I know people dont like the snow but this winter has been far too mild, I only had a few cold days when I cam home from uni, I know its might seem strange but on my first day of being home I walked the dog and you know when you can really feel the cold in your legs, well to me thats what winter is all about and i miss the cold at this time of year!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Abbie For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (01-01-2012)

we need it to be cold to kill all the germs, it's wrong to be mild this time of year, I know we don't want to be knee deep in snow like we were last year but at least it kills all the bugs and germs. I don't mind if it's cold you can wrap up I'd rather it was like that then pouring with rain, which it has been doing most of the last week.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Yeah the rain is really annoying and I have all these winter clothes that I cant wear! I mean its kinda good cos they are all on sale since its not cold enough for them but still! I would like a little snow, I only had 1 day of it this month. It just doesnt feel like winter at the moment

Gib is unseansonably hot this year. We are 24 degrees today!!!

Chuffing freezing, night time temperatures down to -14C and the daytime high no more than -7C. Supposed to snow today and tomorrow I really hope that this does not continue for another 6 weeks as forecast

Yeah.. bloody cold here.... after walking the kids to school I think I could have pierced any part of my body and not feel it
    Super Mod

Sick to death of going to work at -16C, loads of snow on the way which will make roads treacherous.
    But glad it is not as bad as in more eastern areas of Europe, -50C in parts of Russia

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (07-02-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Sick to death of going to work at -16C, loads of snow on the way which will make roads treacherous.
    But glad it is not as bad as in more eastern areas of Europe, -50C in parts of Russia
    Know what you mean... it is bloody freezing outside.. poor kids are wrapped up like a christmas present every morning... I want the snow to come as it always seems to raise temperatures a bit.... Have friends in Hungry who said it was down to -26 the other day!! don't think I could handle that!!

Note to my irish friends.. I will never ever complain about Irish winters been cold.. compared to this, it is a heatwave!
    Super Mod

So far this year we have missed the snow and ice that our friends across the sheugh have, Usually the further north you are the worse it is but this year the South of England seems to be getting it bad. Heres to a snow free February
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information